Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SepticTomb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:41 pm 

One of them, anyway:

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=17605

Apparently they were a death metal band formed in 1989 who put out one split and then changed their name to Hateseed and added rap elements to their music. A cursory Google search doesn't reveal much about these guys, so I'm curious as to whether any of the oldschool death metal fans here know anything about it. As we all know, adding rap elements or becoming nu-metal is something of a late '90s staple, so it's odd to hear that sort of thing occurring so early. Rather curious to hear what it sounds like if they actually were a full-fledged death metal band. Anyone know about them?

Brutal death meets funeral doom - www.myspace.com/septictomb

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm 

I have the Heralds of Obliveon album. The Catalepsy tracks are proper Death Metal on this recording - pretty heavy albeit not very good. There is no trace of rap on any of their tracks. The Demolition tracks though are killer - brutal yet atmospheric as hell. Anyway, Catalepsy don't look like your typical Death Metal band, especially for the time. And I'm not surprised that they added rap to the sound. At least they had the good sense to change their name first. Other than that I know nothing else about them.

alcholocaust
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:27 pm 

I saw this topic and thought you spelt Katalepsy wrong. I was was mistaken but Katalepsy rules!

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:36 pm 

Evil_Obsidian wrote:
I have the Heralds of Obliveon album. The Catalepsy tracks are proper Death Metal on this recording - pretty heavy albeit not very good. There is no trace of rap on any of their tracks. The Demolition tracks though are killer - brutal yet atmospheric as hell. Anyway, Catalepsy don't look like your typical Death Metal band, especially for the time. And I'm not surprised that they added rap to the sound. At least they had the good sense to change their name first. Other than that I know nothing else about them.
I concur with everything this guy said, except I would say it was the Brainstorm tracks that really stuck out as great to me

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:38 pm 

The Heralds of Oblivion is easy as hell to get (probably $0.01 on Amazon). I have it and every band is solid and there's a good amount of diversity among them as they all play markedly different styles of death metal. Catalepsy is probably the most "brutal" band on it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.