Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:18 pm 

I really want to try to... try chocolate popcorn. Goddamn does that sound good. I also want some kettle popcorn.

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:54 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
I really want to try to... try chocolate popcorn. Goddamn does that sound good. I also want some kettle popcorn.

Chocolate popcorn is out buddy. If you know any Boy Scouts tell them to hit you up with the popcorn fundraiser. Trust me. I think the brand is Trail's End. They also have caramel and yogurt ones.

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:22 am 

I used to love when my parents would buy those tins during the holidays - they were split three ways and had three different kinds of popcorn.

I don't know if that's the good shit - but I may score one of those here soon out of nostalgia.

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:21 am 

I couldn't help but check this thread out. It just seemed... so ridiculous. I think it's great that it's having some success.

I love popcorn. It is truly the classic movie food. Although I do love the stuff, I found out last year that I'm dreadfully allergic to corn, cats, horses and a particular type of grass. It also means that I can't drink much cola as most of them are made from corn syrup. I can still have them, I don't die or anything, I just come down with some pretty bad hay-fever if I have to much. So yeah, too much corn = day of sneezing and itchy eyes. Well, at least I'm not the chick who lives in Wales who's allergic to water.

- Tim Minchin

Vook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:43 am 

marktheviktor wrote:
I cannot go to the theatres to see a movie and not order me some popcorn. I really believe that throw subliminal messages out there on the screen to make us purchase concessions. How else can I explain the brain train?

It's simple - eating and watching a good movie is just great.

Anyway, popcorn should only be consumed with lots of salt. Screw all you butter-loving fags.

Koffee_Metal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:37 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Do you guys remember those sweet balls of popcorn you used to get when you were in elementary/middle school? Those big, baseball sized popcorn balls? Usually you got them around the holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving?

Why do I get dirty thoughts reading this?:D

Anyway..I don't really like popcorn. I would prefer some nachos, or a bag of Maltesers when I go watch a movie.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 pm 

OlioTheSmall wrote:
I love popcorn. It is truly the classic movie food. Although I do love the stuff, I found out last year that I'm dreadfully allergic to corn

Ouch. Oh well, not too bad effects. It's not like me and fish, and in extension ambulance, anyway.

Vook wrote:
Anyway, popcorn should only be consumed with lots of salt. Screw all you butter-loving fags.

I mostly go for salt when I pop myself, though I must stress that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the other variant.

Koffee_Metal wrote:
Anyway..I don't really like popcorn. I would prefer some nachos, or a bag of Maltesers when I go watch a movie.

Now that's just weird, and I ain't saying that only because of not being that fond of Maltersers myself. Nachos when you go to the movies? Nah, it's not even that good when looking at one at home. Definitely far down my list of movie snacks.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:07 pm 

Popcorn balls are awesome.

I'll agree with a previous poster however and say NACHOS FTW.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:12 pm 

I'm not saying down with the nachos, I just find that they do better in other situations.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:14 pm 

Nachos are a universally awesome food. They’re great in any situation. A hot Summer night, a cold Winter day, a chilly Autumn evening, or a warm Spring afternoon.

I do like popcorn with a lot of butter though. All this talk of food is reminding me how fat I am.

Vook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:32 am 

Corimngul wrote:
Vook wrote:

I mostly go for salt when I pop myself, though I must stress that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the other variant.

The mere smell of buttered popcorn brings me close to vomiting. I hate that that stuff with passion.

WarriorsDawn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:36 pm 

Cheese popcorn is so good. Not the powder cheese, but when you make popcorn at home, and then put a couple chunks of cheddar into the pot, so it all sticks together and just.... :drool:

For general snacks, nachos do indeed rule, but I never have any chips at my house :(. I have been boycotting Maltesers since their arrival into North America, mostly because of those STUPID FUCKING COMMERCIALS, not only that, but, Whoppers are the superior malt ball. Chips are great. Fuck, I'm gonna go get myself a big bag of barbecue chips, right now.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:50 am 

Planters Cheez Balls were the greatest snack food ever, a million times better than popcorn in every conceivable way.

Also, how did this thread last for two pages? Really...??

rathofgod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:53 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:

As DeathcoreDecimator said, definitely find a local Boy Scout troop and buy popcorn from them. You'd better hurry, though, I think the season ends this weekend-ish.

Osgilliath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:08 am 

For all you popcorn enthusiasts in this retarded, but awesome thread, enjoy.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Khull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:56 am 

TheJizzHammer wrote:
I used to love when my parents would buy those tins during the holidays - they were split three ways and had three different kinds of popcorn.

I don't know if that's the good shit - but I may score one of those here soon out of nostalgia.

I recall having both amazing and shitty tins, both by the same people, so it probably all comes down to luck.

Popcorn truly is an amazing food, especially theatre popcorn. No liquid butter though, that's just the epitome of shit, but rather a plain, large bag of salted popcorn. It'll make (almost) any movie enjoyable.

Osgilliath wrote:
For all you popcorn enthusiasts in this retarded, but awesome thread, enjoy.

I most certainly did enjoy, thanks.

bedde
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:29 am 

Butter-flavoured popcorn with a shitload of salt makes girls get cocks and men getting pussies

JudasCradle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:42 am 

I like the sweet popcorn now and then. Too bad I've never seen them sold at theaters in the US.

screamingstatue
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:46 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Seriously. Popcorn is amazing. Movie popcorn is by far the greatest thing ever invented. That liquid butter is liquid fucking gold. How about caramel popcorn? How about that super sweet glazed popcorn? That stuff is amazing.

How about that cheese popcorn? That shit is disgusting.

Marry me? :P

I LOVE movie popcorn. I actually find it difficult to enjoy going to the movies without getting a massive tub of buttered popcorn and pouring a back of Minstrels over it :D Some people think that's disgusting though, bastards.

Cheese popcorn is fail, though. What wank.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 pm 

JudasCradle wrote:
I like the sweet popcorn now and then. Too bad I've never seen them sold at theaters in the US.

Those can be horribly disgusting, which probably is why I've never made them myself. I remember getting a bag of slightly yellow popcorn as a child. Those were, ahem excessively sweet and had no consistency at all. Chewing rubber is fine, but then it really should be grilled halloumi or something.

Those corns truly were horrible. I've had better since, but they still can't compare to my worst experiences in ordinary salty ones (like ones that've been cooked in some strange rapeseed oil mixture, then left in the saucepan for too long and finally provided with much too much salt).

Lunar_Strain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:26 pm 

White Chedder Popcorn.

Mmm.

Yes they did, but they scavenged them from animals that had died naturally. "Viking" is actually an archaic word for "Vegan".

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm 

I remember, not long ago, that KFC had a snack called popcorn chicken it was really grate, and you could have it with BBQ or Spicy sauce...
Here we have our own kind of popcorn... its called maíz (corn) chulpi and it goes fantastic with any tipical sea food dish
mhmhh And for me, I only like the classic one... popcorn + butter

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:35 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:

You would definately hate my special recipe of macaroni cheese mixed with popcorn :lol:

screamingstatue
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:37 am 

Leechmaster wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:

You would definitely hate my special recipe of macaroni cheese mixed with popcorn :lol:

URGH :lol:

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:13 pm 

Leechmaster wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:

You would definitely hate my special recipe of macaroni cheese mixed with popcorn :lol:

You must be a troll.

It's either that or you actually mean something like parmesan. (That would still be wrong, but not quite as much.)

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:12 am 

Corimngul wrote:
You must be a troll.

It's either that or you actually mean something like parmesan. (That would still be wrong, but not quite as much.)

I'm not joking. You know those macaroni packets where you add water, milk and butter and put them in the microwave??? I like to experiment with them and add extra ingredients to enhance the flavour. Sometimes I add popcorn or sometimes I may add bacon and scrambled egg to it. It all depends on what I feel like :D

One time I combined macaroni cheese with baked beans and put it in a wrap, cooked it in the oven for a bit and then ate..........one bite because it was fucking disgusting

GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:00 pm 

Does anyone remember the popcorn that came in a cylinder-like can that had 3-4 different varieties of popcorn? Like chedder cheese / caramel etc? Anyone know where i can get it?

Lunar_Strain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 pm 

GrimSleaper wrote:
Does anyone remember the popcorn that came in a cylinder-like can that had 3-4 different varieties of popcorn? Like chedder cheese / caramel etc? Anyone know where i can get it?

I remember that shit. And it was really good, too.

As far as I can tell, they turn up alot around the holidays and you find them in grocery stores or other places as such.

Generally the type of present that says, "Hey, I love you, but you're not worth anything over $10. :D"

Yes they did, but they scavenged them from animals that had died naturally. "Viking" is actually an archaic word for "Vegan".

spyderman_05
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm 

I'm waiting for my Boy Scouts popcorn... got like white chocolate popcorn or something like that. Freakin expensive, but well worth it!

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:54 pm 

Leechmaster wrote:
I'm not joking. You know those macaroni packets where you add water, milk and butter and put them in the microwave??? I like to experiment with them and add extra ingredients to enhance the flavour. Sometimes I add popcorn or sometimes I may add bacon and scrambled egg to it. It all depends on what I feel like :D

No, I really don't. When I do macaroni or pasta I do it from the basics, be it natural, stewed in milk, in a carbonara or whatever. Then again, cooking pasta equals boiling and that is far from any culinary highlight or difficuluty.

I have however never added popcorn. That seems far from the first logical choice.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 am 

Corimngul wrote:
No, I really don't. When I do macaroni or pasta I do it from the basics, be it natural, stewed in milk, in a carbonara or whatever. Then again, cooking pasta equals boiling and that is far from any culinary highlight or difficuluty.

I have however never added popcorn. That seems far from the first logical choice.

So you've never seen this stuff??

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/6/6/ ... 0b4a47.jpg

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:08 pm 

Leechmaster wrote:

Never as a prepared product, no. Wouldn't be surprised if it existed though, hidden away in the kinds of shop corners that I never visit. The product seems quite pointless though, given the time and skill it takes to make it bottom up. Enough derailing now.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:38 pm 

Caramel Popcorn rules. except for when youre really fucking drunk and struggle to open a pack, and end up exploding it everywhere all through your drummers car, where it becomes lodged under seats and in crevices, creating a weeks-long ant problem, and hence leading said drummer to vividly display a "No Caramel Corn" sign on his car. true story

SamuraiZach0
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:52 pm 

Man, the best kind of popcorn is Orville's BBQ the liquid shit
But yet, even better, any kind of popcorn get a slice of lemon squish the juices over the popcorn and take Frank's hot sauce and drizzle it over...mmmm =D

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2