Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Corinthian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:58 pm 

Ritual_Suicide wrote:
How is calling Palin a stupid bitch in a web forum equal to McCain and Palin insinuating Obamas a radical fundamentalist muslim terrorist. Then there are the attacks about pro-americans and anti-americans. Palin and other McCain campaign members have repeatedly said these things recently. To say that both sides are equaly guilty of flinging feces ignores the size of the pile on the GOPs side.

She may not be very intelligent, and coming from a Republican, she has ruined McCain's chances at the Presidency, but she's not a "stupid bitch". She was elected governor, and chosen to be the Vice President of the Fucking United States. It's just like calling Bush dumb, he may not be eloquent, but he has degrees from some of the best schools in the country. And No one from the Rep side has called Obama a terrorist, at least no one who matters. These things get blown so far out of proportion, it's absurd. But, as a Government Major, Obama has already won the election. There is nothing McCain can do to stop the onslaught. He lost the election with Virginia about a month ago.
The Corinthian is a creation of Dream. His most notable physical feature is his lack of eyes: in their place, two rows of small jagged teeth line each eye socket. The Corinthian often wears sunglasses to cover this up.

renegade498
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:34 pm 

I think that Barack Obama, Is what we as a country needs right now. with all the problems were facing, I think Obama is the candidate with the fortitude and drive to help guide our nation through the problems and into the next era for the united states.

And my Power/Prog solo project, Event Horizon.
www.myspace.com/eventhorizon01

DrSeuss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:37 pm 

Leify wrote:
Berghof wrote:
0kill wrote:
Unorthodox wrote:
The republicans are seriously disturbing me this election. It's like were still living in late 19th century and the blacks just got their freedom. "Oh man I could never see a nigger running for president!"

Really, where are you guys hearing this stuff? I am just that sheltered from racism here in Seattle?

They see what they want to see, Coming from someone who lives in the South even I am not seeing this great cry of racism. I have yet to meet someone in my state who voiced support for McCain and used "I dont want that there colored man to win!" as his reasoning.

It is funny that Republicans get all the harsh talk on this racism issue when historically the party of Jim Crow and the KKK was Democrat. Funny how things change eh?

Look for the video on youtube of the bumbling old lady at a McCain rally telling McCain over the mic that she heard Barack was a muslim and didn't want him as president.

There's a whole movement of those types of idiots, though it's not likely a large percentage.

There's also a whole entire movement of people who are voting Obama in simply because of his race.

renegade498
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54 pm 

DrSeuss wrote:
Leify wrote:
Berghof wrote:
0kill wrote:
Unorthodox wrote:
The republicans are seriously disturbing me this election. It's like were still living in late 19th century and the blacks just got their freedom. "Oh man I could never see a nigger running for president!"

Really, where are you guys hearing this stuff? I am just that sheltered from racism here in Seattle?

They see what they want to see, Coming from someone who lives in the South even I am not seeing this great cry of racism. I have yet to meet someone in my state who voiced support for McCain and used "I dont want that there colored man to win!" as his reasoning.

It is funny that Republicans get all the harsh talk on this racism issue when historically the party of Jim Crow and the KKK was Democrat. Funny how things change eh?

Look for the video on youtube of the bumbling old lady at a McCain rally telling McCain over the mic that she heard Barack was a muslim and didn't want him as president.

There's a whole movement of those types of idiots, though it's not likely a large percentage.

There's also a whole entire movement of people who are voting Obama in simply because of his race.

historically somewhere around 91% of the African american vote has gone to the democratic nominee. the progection for this election however only boost that by 3%

And my Power/Prog solo project, Event Horizon.
www.myspace.com/eventhorizon01

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:56 pm 

Same shit, different asshole.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:04 pm 

206 wrote:
0kill wrote:

Yes. Here in the Emerald City we would never dream of saying this shit - we just don't think in those terms. But I just got back from a weekend trip to my parent's place in Dallas and them "good ol' Southern Boys" are totally against that black feller.

The best I heard was, "I don't care how old he is or how dumb she is, I can't have a nigger giving me orders." Talk about culture-shock. It took some serious self-control to not flip out.

Lol, if you think it is bad in Dallas go out to some rural areas and small towns. Their are plenty of idiot are here that are completely brainwashed. Anything that comes out of the republican campaign they take hold of and run with it. If Palin says he pals around with terrorist they will not only believe her but believe that he is a terrorist himself. They will take anything negative said about him and push it to the extreme. Of course, the other side is guilty of this as well in some cases.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:10 pm 

The_Corinthian wrote:
Ritual_Suicide wrote:
How is calling Palin a stupid bitch in a web forum equal to McCain and Palin insinuating Obamas a radical fundamentalist muslim terrorist. Then there are the attacks about pro-americans and anti-americans. Palin and other McCain campaign members have repeatedly said these things recently. To say that both sides are equaly guilty of flinging feces ignores the size of the pile on the GOPs side.

She may not be very intelligent, and coming from a Republican, she has ruined McCain's chances at the Presidency, but she's not a "stupid bitch". She was elected governor, and chosen to be the Vice President of the Fucking United States. It's just like calling Bush dumb, he may not be eloquent, but he has degrees from some of the best schools in the country.

I got news for you, degrees don't automatically make you smart. The more college I take the more painfully apparent this has become to me. Their are plenty of people with degrees who are idiots and their are plenty of people in high places that are idiots. In America, it's not the right man for the right job, it's about who I like the most.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
The_Corinthian wrote:
Ritual_Suicide wrote:

She may not be very intelligent, and coming from a Republican, she has ruined McCain's chances at the Presidency, but she's not a "stupid bitch". She was elected governor, and chosen to be the Vice President of the Fucking United States. It's just like calling Bush dumb, he may not be eloquent, but he has degrees from some of the best schools in the country.

I got news for you, degrees don't automatically make you smart. The more college I take the more painfully apparent this has become to me. Their are plenty of people with degrees who are idiots and their are plenty of people in high places that are idiots. In America, it's not the right man for the right job, it's about who I like the most.

Whoever gets degrees from prestigious schools or even gets accepted to such schools has less to do with what you know than: who you know, how much money your family has, and how much status your lineage has. Palin, Bush, and a host of other high end politicians are all descended from European aristocrats.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Agathocles
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:04 pm 

How is Palin and the Bush family descended from European royalty? I know the Bush family has been pretty deep in America, but I have never heard of anything beyond that. Not really challenging you or anything, I'm just curious.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:06 pm 

The_Corinthian wrote:

As someone said, degrees or positions of power do not prevent one from being stupid, and Palin definitely is. Then again, so are all creationists, so whatever.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 pm 

Agathocles wrote:
How is Palin and the Bush family descended from European royalty?

It's not very uncommon. I am too, if I wanted to be technical about it.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:42 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
The_Corinthian wrote:

As someone said, degrees or positions of power do not prevent one from being stupid, and Palin definitely is. Then again, so are all creationists, so whatever.

I don't disagree, but she doesn't suggest making that the standard for all school districts, even if she tried, she couldn't get away with it, and it doesn't necessarily detract from her ability to be a good leader. So long as she keeps politics and religion seperate I don't have any real problems with her politically speaking.

I hate everyone involved in this campaign except McCain and I don't even like him all that much. However, that said, I'd rather take another 4 years of Bush than Obama. Obama is the most left-wing candidate we've ever seen and I almost can't believe this country would even consider electing him or anyone like him in a political sense.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:46 pm 

BardInTheForest wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
The_Corinthian wrote:

I don't disagree, but she doesn't suggest making that the standard for all school districts, even if she tried, she couldn't get away with it, and it doesn't necessarily detract from her ability to be a good leader. So long as she keeps politics and religion seperate I don't have any real problems with her politically speaking.

I hate everyone involved in this campaign except McCain and I don't even like him all that much. However, that said, I'd rather take another 4 years of Bush than Obama. Obama is the most left-wing candidate we've ever seen and I almost can't believe this country would even consider electing him or anyone like him in a political sense.

Wow, what is so bad about him that you would rather have 4 more years of Bush. Has your environment influenced you to hate liberals? I would really like to hear your logic behind such a statement.

Agathocles
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:47 pm 

I guess my question is similar, but, bard: What is left-wing for you, and why do you think it would be bad for America?

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:00 am 

Agathocles wrote:
How is Palin and the Bush family descended from European royalty? I know the Bush family has been pretty deep in America, but I have never heard of anything beyond that. Not really challenging you or anything, I'm just curious.

Not royalty Agathocles, aristocrats, or nobility if you will. Granted, nobility could lead into royalty depending on the situation a given country is in, since heaven forbid the old tyrants of Europe knock off the inbreeding and impregnate a few commoners, who they were probably already screwing anyway.

I know that Palin has a distant connection to FDR and the Roosevelt family definitely has connections to various upper class families in Europe. A lot of these political types also have organized crime connections, particularly McCain's wife. Ironically enough, Obama criticizes McCain often for being wealthy and having multiple homes (all of which he basically married into), but one of his strongest supporters John Kerry is even more well to do (again, by marrying his money).
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:09 am 

Ritual_Suicide wrote:
How is calling Palin a stupid bitch in a web forum equal to McCain and Palin insinuating Obamas a radical fundamentalist muslim terrorist.

It's not, but then again, they have done nothing of the sort. They've stated that Obama is friends with a former terrorist. There's a fair degree of difference.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:21 am 

Agathocles wrote:
I guess my question is similar, but, bard: What is left-wing for you, and why do you think it would be bad for America?

I don't hate liberals, but I don't like left-wing ideas. Has nothing to do with my environment, really, but I'm from a more conservative area, I suppose (Kentucky-though it generally votes Democrat on the state level including governor). Left-wing for me is general tax increases for expanded government power such as providing healthcare and welfare, and government competition or takeover of privatized markets or companies (again, healthcare). That said, I think there is a definite role for federal *regulation* of private business (ala trust-busting by Teddy Roosevelt and things such as the FDA) and I do think that the current economic crisis is due to the deregulation of "firewalls" from the Reagan administration which then allowed the collapse of the housing market to bring down the rest of the economy.

As for why I'd rather have Bush, I think history will look upon him in a much more favorable light than people currently look at him. He's extremely unpopular, but not everything can be blamed on him. That said, it's a given that he's had some bad mistakes, but I don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be. We could write a book about that, though.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:30 am 

renegade498 wrote:
I think that Barack Obama, Is what we as a country needs right now. with all the problems were facing, I think Obama is the candidate with the fortitude and drive to help guide our nation through the problems and into the next era for the united states.

Someone ask what we think the tone of the election feels like?

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:08 am 

BardInTheForest wrote:
Agathocles wrote:

I don't hate liberals, but I don't like left-wing ideas. Has nothing to do with my environment, really, but I'm from a more conservative area, I suppose (Kentucky-though it generally votes Democrat on the state level including governor). Left-wing for me is general tax increases for expanded government power such as providing healthcare and welfare, and government competition or takeover of privatized markets or companies (again, healthcare). That said, I think there is a definite role for federal *regulation* of private business (ala trust-busting by Teddy Roosevelt and things such as the FDA) and I do think that the current economic crisis is due to the deregulation of "firewalls" from the Reagan administration which then allowed the collapse of the housing market to bring down the rest of the economy.

As for why I'd rather have Bush, I think history will look upon him in a much more favorable light than people currently look at him. He's extremely unpopular, but not everything can be blamed on him. That said, it's a given that he's had some bad mistakes, but I don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be. We could write a book about that, though.

So you have judged Obama on your general view of politicians who are left-wing? Bush will not be looked on favorably either. There are so many mistakes and bad policies that he supported that the common American doesn't even take notice of. Health-care is a serious issue, many people go bankrupt every every year from medical bills. It use to be the number one cause of bankruptcy, I'm not sure if it still is taking the current financial crisis into concern. Their is many reasons to blame for the financial crises than simple regulation and deregulation issues, I have commented on them in the thread in the symposium pertaining to that topic. I am fine with your thinking on the issues as long as it is based on judgment and not knee-jerk reaction that is associated with simple opinion. Also, do not let your environment make decisions for you. Do not be a vessel for other peoples judgment or opinions. Refrain from clinging to the passing ideology. Do not spew undigested though or be swayed by it. I would still like to here more about your reasoning, but don't feel compelled to have to offer.

Grynfisher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 am 

0kill wrote:
Have you ever followed an American election before? Stuff that has little to do with the actual issues gets brought up and overplayed all the time (Kerry and the Swiftboats, Bush's DUI, Dukakis and Willie Horton, etc). It's really quite absurd that you would instantly suspect that any slightly irrelevant criticism of Obama is racially charged.

If Obama were to be accused of leading the KKK, would it make much sense? If McCain were to be accused of being a Muslim conspirator, would it make much sense? The apparent reason that these specific accusations hold so much weight with McCain's target assortment is Obama's color.

Just explaining where the notion of racism is coming from, when not blatant.

Berghof
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 am 

Dark_Gnat wrote:
The reason people think Obama is a Muslim is because:

He has a Muslim name.
His father, stepfather, and brother are Muslims.
He went to two seperate schools in Indonesia, enrolled as a Muslim.
He has a Muslim cousin (Raila Amolo Odinga) who advocates violence in Kenya (including locking families in a church and burning it to the ground).
It has been shown that Obama recieved large sums of money from Prince Al Waleed of Saudi Arabia through Khalid Al Monsour, a member of the Nation of Islam. (no wonder he opposes offshore drilling)

Given all these things, it's easy for people to make that connection, wheter it is correct or not.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:25 am 

Oh dear, you Americans seem to debate the same things over and over and over.
"Republicans are racist!"
"They're not, Democrats are sexist!"
"No, she's just a fool, Republicans are racist!"

Okay, I'll say it, if I had to pick one of the two, I'd go with Obama simply because he at least knows his own policies, the Republicans just keep flinging whatever they can, how is anybody meant to understand their stance on anything but the Iraq War? They've made very few actual policy statements as far as I know.

renegade498 wrote:

Obama's campaign has recruited metalheads now? That has to be the most textbook campaign talk I've ever seen. :lol::lol::lol:

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 am 

Bezerko wrote:
renegade498 wrote:

Obama's campaign has recruited metalheads now? That has to be the most textbook campaign talk I've ever seen. :lol::lol::lol:

Haha, exactly. Minus some issues with capitalization and punctuation.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:29 am 

Don't worry, his use of the all important buzz words makes up for that, after all, Obama has fortitude and drive!

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 am 

rexxz wrote:
Agathocles wrote:
How is Palin and the Bush family descended from European royalty?

It's not very uncommon. I am too, if I wanted to be technical about it.

As am I.

Grynfisher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 am 

Bezerko wrote:
Oh dear, you Americans seem to debate the same things over and over and over.
"Republicans are racist!"
"They're not, Democrats are sexist!"
"No, she's just a fool, Republicans are racist!"

:lol:

Well, we could call each other retards, or we could call each other immoral retards. Most opt for the latter.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:53 am 

We just refer to you guys as "fucking Americans."

Grynfisher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:56 am 

That's what we hear.

LindisfarneAnno793
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:20 am 

This just in:

Quote:
Presidential candidate John McCain has endorsed Barack Obama in what many are calling an ill-fated strategy in his quest for the White House.

"I think the American people will respond to my sincerity," said McCain, "and will approve of my willingness to sacrifice for their own good."

"I am convinced that in the confusion that will result, I will increase my chances at polling time," continued McCain, "it's called reverse psychology. It's scientifically been proven scientifically effective."

Source here.

Holy shit. Is this real, guys?
Fueled by methamphetamines and forties

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 am 

That article is very clearly satirical.

LindisfarneAnno793
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:29 am 

Kruel wrote:
That article is very clearly satirical.

Yes, it is. My feigned naivety to that highly obvious fact was a bit of humour on my part. Thought that my selective quoting of the article (leaving out sentences like "Shit, I ain't got much hope otherwise", "it's going to tarnish my own legacy of idiocy. That jackass.", and "The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.") would demonstrate my intentions adequately. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun. :p

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 am 

Yeah, it did occur to me that you were joking sometime after posting it, but not initially, because frankly it wasn't very funny (no offense intended, though). I missed the last line that explicitly stated that it was fictitious, though.

Edit: Actually, it seems pretty obvious now that it was a joke. I'm just too tired right now, I guess. Never mind.

Last edited by Kruel on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
LindisfarneAnno793
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:44 am 

Kruel wrote:
Yeah, it did occur to me that you were joking sometime after posting it, but not initially, because frankly it wasn't very funny (no offense intended). I missed the last line that explicitly stated that it was fictitious, though.

No offence taken. :p It is quite probable that my thresholds for amusement are vastly different from those of others. The thrust of my joke wasn't the article, so much as the idea of someone failing to recognise the article as a parody, and posting about it. Possibly a poorly conceived joke, but ah well.

Mungo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 am 

Bezerko wrote:
Don't worry, his use of the all important buzz words makes up for that, after all, Obama has fortitude and drive!

Indeed, all he forgot to do was to add in the "the change we need!" horseshit.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 am 

Oh well, the Yanks are lucky, they didn't have to put up with the Kevin '07 campaign. :ugh:

Mungo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:23 am 

Ugh, you're telling me.

I liked the part where people thought he was going to bring change, even though he's basically a lesser, more politically correct version of Howard.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 am 

Mungo wrote:
Ugh, you're telling me.

I liked the part where people thought he was going to bring change, even though he's basically a lesser, more politically correct version of Howard.

Well his whole campaign was basically based on toned down Howard policies, spun to seem original. The constant summits are getting out of hand though. Power to the people, yay, BUT THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED.

LindisfarneAnno793
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:41 am 

Bezerko wrote:
Power to the people, yay, BUT THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED.

Well this is Australia, haha.

DGYDP
Leather Lion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 am 

LindisfarneAnno793 wrote:
Bezerko wrote:
Power to the people, yay, BUT THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED.

Well this is Australia, haha.

That's sort of how the whole world functions ... letting everybody decide who's in charge is a good idea, except for the part where most people are idiots. Oh well, at least it seems to be headed in the right direction.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 am 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
So you have judged Obama on your general view of politicians who are left-wing? Bush will not be looked on favorably either. There are so many mistakes and bad policies that he supported that the common American doesn't even take notice of. Health-care is a serious issue, many people go bankrupt every every year from medical bills. It use to be the number one cause of bankruptcy, I'm not sure if it still is taking the current financial crisis into concern.

No, I answered the question about what I considered left-wing and what I believed the role of government was.

As for healthcare, I don't believe in socialized medicine in any way, shape or form. There are legitimate cases for an against it, but I don't believe it would be in the best interest for the federal government to try to provide healthcare for an additional 48 million people when we can't effectively provide healthcare for the 40 million currently on Medicaid. Obama's plan is delusion at best; add 48 million to the current healthcare plan at the cost of only $90 billion, when we currently pay over 3x that for less than that amount of people. Essentially, he wants to increase the amount of people provided for by 120% with a cost increase of less than 30%.

As for your comments about environment, "knee-jerk reactions" and "undigested thought" etc., I would obviously agree, but I also wouldn't appreciate it if you were attempting to imply that's what I was doing and that anyone who was voting McCain was like that (most are but same goes for Obama).

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next