Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MapleKit
34 going on 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 pm 

One of my personal favorite death metal bands from the golden years. The vocals were excellent and very powerful and the music itself was just fantastic. I'm curious if anyone else enjoys them.

I've also heard they are coming out with a new album and was wondering if anyone knew any information about it. From the samples I heard it wasn't very promising, but I'd still like to hear the whole album before writing it off.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:52 pm 

I am a big fan of Fornever laid to Rest.. Absolutely sick album with a powerful sound. I liked Saltrubbed Eyes but I think FLTR was more dense and complex and has more staying power.

I heard a track from the new album and the start scared me, however as the track got further in it sounded very much like a Seance track.. I think it may be decent but who knows? their Myspace has tracks of the new material I believe if you care to check that out.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:14 pm 

mmmm Seance was WICKED, Fornever Laid to Rest is a manic, brutal, savage, monster of a hellish album, it's got this feeling of urgency to the songs that really push it forward along quite well. If you haven't heard it think European styled Deicide-Legion, but with mightier and more power based vocals (not power metal, POWERFUL vocals!). I dig the hellish sounds between songs too-gives the songs that much more of an evil atmosphere.

Saltrubbed Eyes... eeeeeeeh, LOVE the bass tone, and the vocals were as huge as ever, but the song writing style was leaning too far on the Death n Roll bandwagon, just enough to date the album unfortunately.

the new stuff sounds promising i think!

MapleKit
34 going on 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
mmmm Seance was WICKED, Fornever Laid to Rest is a manic, brutal, savage, monster of a hellish album, it's got this feeling of urgency to the songs that really push it forward along quite well. If you haven't heard it think European styled Deicide-Legion, but with mightier and more power based vocals (not power metal, POWERFUL vocals!). I dig the hellish sounds between songs too-gives the songs that much more of an evil atmosphere.

Saltrubbed Eyes... eeeeeeeh, LOVE the bass tone, and the vocals were as huge as ever, but the song writing style was leaning too far on the Death n Roll bandwagon, just enough to date the album unfortunately.

the new stuff sounds promising i think!
I am a HUGE fan of their first 2 albums, with their debut being my favorite. Saltrubbed Eyes is great too, but Fornever is just perfect.

ZackP
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:18 am 

Seeing this post reminded me to dl their debut, and boy I'm glad I did.

Absolutely vicious.

Aadil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:02 am 

I appreciate their metal.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 am 

I might be one of the only people who enjoy the early Witchery material more...

Seance is pretty awesome though. Inferna Cabbala always tickles my perineum...

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:45 am 

yeah, I like their death metal even if to me is less swedish in sounds and more american if I'm not wrong...

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:29 am 

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8 wrote:
yeah, I like their death metal even if to me is less swedish in sounds and more american if I'm not wrong...

oh certainly, loads of nods to pre-Once Upon the Cross Deicide, as well as very heavy doses of pre-South of Heaven Slayer

i guess you could say they were a more focused, cohesive and less impulsive Liers in Wait. ...with some of the mightiest vocals ever upheaved.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:55 pm 

Absolutely awesome band. their Slayer cover (Post Mortem) on the Black Sun Tribute To Slayer is one of the best tracks there as well.

The vocals, the guitar tone, the sound, the drums: the debut is just fabulous. Insane title-track.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:53 pm 

The new CD will be released by Pulverised Records. With a bit of luck it is out until the end of the year. Mandatory one.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 pm 

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8 wrote:

What's wrong with sounding American?

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:36 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8 wrote:

What's wrong with sounding American?

it was just to specify that they don't sound like Entombed, Grave and so on despite being from Sweden and at the beginning of the 90s. I enjoy american style death metal.

beer_snob
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:02 am 

peterott wrote:
The new CD will be released by Pulverised Records. With a bit of luck it is out until the end of the year. Mandatory one.

Good to see they found a label to release it. Looking forward to "Awakening Of The Gods" \m/

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.