Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm 

Seriously. Popcorn is amazing. Movie popcorn is by far the greatest thing ever invented. That liquid butter is liquid fucking gold. How about caramel popcorn? How about that super sweet glazed popcorn? That stuff is amazing.

How about that cheese popcorn? That shit is disgusting.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gothus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:37 pm 

...are you high?

slammysamman wrote:
HOW IZ IT DETH METIL WITOUT BREAKDOWNZZZ????

Dreadnaught
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:39 pm 

Actually, I think the movie theater popcorn w/the liquid "butter" is pretty fucking disgusting.

Real popcorn, popped with a little oil & seasoned just with some good kosher salt, is great.

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:39 pm 

What's with all these random "appreciation" threads...

But yeah, popcorn is awesome.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm 

I'm not a big fan of the pop it yourself popcorn and that other nasty solid butter in those packets they use is fucking disgusting. Nothing beats a popcorn popping machine. A microwave can never match it.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm 

Smartfood's White Cheddar Popcorn is very good so I don't know why you hate cheese popcorn. Then some company makes hot popcorn, I think it might be Wise.

Popcorn is probably my favorite snack. I like it salty. Buttery or not doesn't matter too much to me, but it has to be salty. I don't really like the sweet stuff that much.

And movie theatre popcorn is great, because even though they give you a ton, if you don't finish it, you can eat it later or even the next day and it still tastes fantastic.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:45 pm 

I cannot go to the theatres to see a movie and not order me some popcorn. I really believe that throw subliminal messages out there on the screen to make us purchase concessions. How else can I explain the brain train?

Dreadnaught
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:49 pm 

pseudodraconis wrote:
Popcorn is probably my favorite snack. I like it salty. Buttery or not doesn't matter too much to me, but it has to be salty.

Same here.

Quote:
I don't really like the sweet stuff that much.

I'll confess that, as a kid, I was big on Fiddle Faddle. Crackerjack was lame, by comparison.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm 

Do you guys remember those sweet balls of popcorn you used to get when you were in elementary/middle school? Those big, baseball sized popcorn balls? Usually you got them around the holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving?

Grimmenfrost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:39 pm 

I guess this would be the wrong thread to mention that I dislike popcorn.

Well, anyways, I dislike popcorn...

Something about the taste of it I just never really liked. I mean don't get me wrong, it smells great in movie theaters and such, but I absolutely hate the smell of microwaved kind. It's absolutely disgusting. I'm only talking about buttered popcorn though; I do enjoy the carmel kind on occasion.

noobsofsocialreality
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:00 pm 

God, I hate Popcorns! df,mdsfkldshfsdlkhfsdlkfdsklfsdfldsfklsf FUCK!!!!!

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 pm 

Grimmenfrost wrote:

Something about the taste of it I just never really liked. I mean don't get me wrong, it smells great in movie theaters and such, but I absolutely hate the smell of microwaved kind. It's absolutely disgusting. I'm only talking about buttered popcorn though; I do enjoy the carmel kind on occasion.

I am the same way about coffee. I absolutely fucking love the smell of coffee beans, but coffee tastes fucking disgusting.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 pm 

I don't like getting popcorn at theaters for the sole reason being that when you ask for "butter" on it, they're the ultimate Jews and only put on enough to coat the top and nowhere near enough to cover all the popcorn in the bag. So you end up having this really nice tasting top part and the beneath layers being all dry and butterless. :(

Last edited by ~Guest 62838 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metaluis90
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:08 pm 

If it got a huge amount of spicy sauce, then count me in

OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
No, I wouldn't marry a dildo.

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:09 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:

I actually thought that this was an "appreciation thread" parody...

Kettle Korn is heaven. Sweet and salty at the same time. Kindda like... >:-)

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 pm 

lastdodobird wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:

I actually thought that this was an "appreciation thread" parody...

Kettle Korn is heaven. Sweet and salty at the same time. Kindda like... >:-)

It was, actually, but since everybody is actually interested, well shit I ain't stopping it, haha.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:06 am 

Movie popcorn is pretty good stuff, but I can never eat a whole bad of it. After about 1/3 a bag I get tired of it.

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:15 am 

popcorn poured on with real melted butter is just deadly...

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:53 am 

Awesome thread! Seriously, I am a real popcorn aficionado. One of the main reasons I go to see movies is to get that buttered type. At home, at friend's places and at all possible locations and times I'm always given the popping task.

Lately the quantities have been quite high. It's interesting to note how differently different amounts of popcorn will behave. In big, big sauce pots it's way too easy to make the popcorns too dry.

I guess I should build myself a cinema-style popcorn machine. The construction is not too complicated, but it should be worth it.

As for cheese popcorns (be it cheddar or another kind) I don't really love them. The temptation fades way too quickly.

Grimmenfrost wrote:

Microwaved popcorn are disgusting, or at least so disappointing that they're not worth my time. Seriously, if I'm doing popcorns I can at least give it 20 minutes instead of having that abomination. Since this realization I've pretty much boycotted them, though that boycott is not as expressed as the one my hatred for McDonald's has induced.

Mataluis90 wrote:
If it got a huge amount of spicy sauce, then count me in

Spicy sauces can detract too much from the feeling that is popcorn, though I don't mind eating one that stands out every now and then. It's hardly for even half of the bowl though.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Rivendar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:23 am 

My only qualm with popcorn is the fact that it always finds itself lodged in my throat and or gums. Quite an irritating expirience which in turn has lead to several small childrens many a busted skulls in my hayday.

I guess I'm just an amateur popcorn consumer. Pity,I must say I do wish I could shovel it down the hatch as some of you folks are able.

HateAndPlague
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 am 

Rivendar wrote:
My only qualm with popcorn is the fact that it always finds itself lodged in my throat and or gums. Quite an irritating expirience which in turn has lead to several small childrens many a busted skulls in my hayday.

I guess I'm just an amateur popcorn consumer. Pity,I must say I do wish I could shovel it down the hatch as some of you folks are able.

I had the same problem, except the popcorn would get lodged in my throat / tonsils and make me cough. Had my tonsils removed, though, and now I can devour popcorn with the best of them.

I love the stuff, but I don't like movie popcorn - I guess it depends on the theater you go to, but it's been a long time since I've had movie popcorn that wasn't days old and cold.

CheezburgerBlues
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:24 am 

I don't like popcorn either, of any type. To me there never seems to be enough flavor. I don't go to the movies very often to begin with.

Although the notion of food that is cooked by making it explode is indeed attractive :D

SludgeMetalHead983
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:27 am 

lots of melted butter is what im talking about. popcorn rocks. idk what you guys are talking about cheese popcorn its fucking amazing. and those big ass buckets of 3 different flavors of popcorn you get over the holidays, caramel, cheese, and regular...ahh amazing

Quote:
Tin foil hats on!

frozenaeons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:34 am 

Bad experience with movie theater popcorn once...

Other than that, I suppose it's alright. I'm fond of the Halloween popcorn that is stuffed into plastic hands or made into balls - it's good shit.

winterheathen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:45 am 

This is one of the strangest threads I've come across. Popcorn isn't that special.

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm 

Barbecue chips >>>> Popcorn

Berghof
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm 

Back heathens! Take your popcorn hatred and chip loving else where, this is a holy bastion of power for popcorn lovers to unite and spread the warmth of the kernel in.

I personally cannot go to a movie without buying popcorn, that liquid butter you can just pour on in droves yourself is amazing. I also always keep a stash of the mini pop personal bags around the house which I pretty much always have to have when I watch a movie.

Hail Saint Orville!

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:17 pm 

Berghof wrote:
Back heathens! Take your popcorn hatred and chip loving else where, this is a holy bastion of power for popcorn lovers to unite and spread the warmth of the kernel in.

I personally cannot go to a movie without buying popcorn, that liquid butter you can just pour on in droves yourself is amazing. I also always keep a stash of the mini pop personal bags around the house which I pretty much always have to have when I watch a movie.

Hail Saint Orville!

^haha Nice.
Personally, I love chips more of course, but I cannot stand popcorn.
I used to LOVE popcorn. Though, due to constant dates [with nothing in the bag, if you know what I mean...] at the movies and buying a large layered butter popcorn everytime, I eventually got sick of them.

Don't get me wrong, popcorn is amazing, but I can't take anymore popcorn than I have already had in my day. And note that I'm only 15, thats many a years and moments wasted without popcorn...

I think I'ma ruin my appetite just thinking of that liquidy buttered popcorn already...

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:57 pm 

Hippocrites! This is not a goddamn butter-whoring salt-orgy!

We need some more people with balls of airpopped goodness to tell you faggots that the only real popcorn is the lightly buttered. You sick fucks are drowning my poor little white clouds of awesome with your yellow pus and sodium BILE.

Give me not a bag full of butter, but take perfection to a whole new level and serve me decadent POPCORN.

Seriously though, too much butter sucks dick.

Berghof
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:13 pm 

PeachPit wrote:

We need some more people with balls of airpopped goodness to tell you faggots that the only real popcorn is the lightly buttered. You sick fucks are drowning my poor little white clouds of awesome with your yellow pus and sodium BILE.

Give me not a bag full of butter, but take perfection to a whole new level and serve me decadent POPCORN.

Forget that, when they hand me the bag of popcorn at the movies I slowly turn my head to the butter machine and I swear I can hear trumpets blast and a heavenly chorus shout my praise amongst the unwashed who piddle about buying crunch bars and goobers.

As the yellow river flows the white balls of heaven swim about in hedonistic pleasure as I prepare them for the ritual.

You betray the corn and deny it salvation by ignoring the sacred yellow nectar!

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:39 pm 

Berghof wrote:
PeachPit wrote:

Forget that, when they hand me the bag of popcorn at the movies I slowly turn my head to the butter machine and I swear I can hear trumpets blast and a heavenly chorus shout my praise amongst the unwashed who piddle about buying crunch bars and goobers.

As the yellow river flows the white balls of heaven swim about in hedonistic pleasure as I prepare them for the ritual.

You betray the corn and deny it salvation by ignoring the sacred yellow nectar!

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 pm 

Chocolate covered popcorn = win.

JohnGalt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:52 pm 

iAm wrote:
Chocolate covered popcorn = win.

That sounds ridiculously delicious.

Popcorn is scrumptious, but too much butter (especially the kind at the movies) makes it kind of sickening after a few bites. The smart thing to do is to buy some really good butter flavored salt. Best of both worlds.

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:01 pm 

Cheddar cheese or spicy popcorn for the win.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:27 pm 

winterheathen wrote:
This is one of the strangest threads I've come across. Popcorn isn't that special.

Yes, yes they are. There's a certain analogy in the cooking of puffed grains, though popcorn stand out in its violent development and quality of taste.

Mezentus wrote:
Barbecue chips >>>> Popcorn

Of all chip flavours you could choose :nono:
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 pm 

Has anyone ever tried deep fried popcorn? I think it would taste amazingly good. Maybe I'll try it one day when I'm really baked so it tastes better.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm 

Corimngul wrote:

Hey, not everyone can enjoy surströmming flavored chips.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Corimngul wrote:

Hey, not everyone can enjoy surströmming flavored chips.

I would imagine that your claim is true.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 pm 

:D

Maybe you would like them, though... haha

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm 

Well my personal favourite is the sharper kind of Sourcream & Onion taste. I'm not sure I would like them to be much more sour than that though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next