Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CosmicFury
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:05 am 

I never really seen any mention of Black Messiah here on the forums, but I think they are just great. They've been going since 1992 so there must be more fans, no? Let's talk about Black Messiah. Oath of A Warrior and Of Myths and Legends are some damn great albums. Artistically inspiring folk music and killer metal in one package, they remind me of Windir except with more keyboard riffing. Die Sühne Des Feuerbringers is the best example of this in my opinion. Wonderful epic bm; I wish they had more than 3 full-lengths...

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:29 pm 

I like Black Messiah, though I only have OM&L. They're on my extensive list of albums I need to get. I guess I'll throw on OM&L now.

Ostepolse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:26 pm 

Funny that i found this post right now, i was going to find the viking\folk metla thread to recomend this band.

Right now im listening to the album "Oath of a Warrior", its good, but i think that "Of Myths And Legends" are the best.

"Due to rumours on the net it´s true, we´ve entered the studio to record the first half of our new CD.We hope it will hit the shops in the end of 2008"
Looking so forward to the new album.

paskogen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:13 pm 

Black Messiah is great, OF&M is my favorite by them..I'm also surprised how under the radar they are; I wrote one of the reviews for them on here because they had zero recognition among my good friends who all like the genre.

I'm definitely excited for the new full length.

Manowar is fucking your chick regardless of the condoms.

BurningASinner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:40 pm 

LEGENDARY MOSKAU COVER! Good band.

CosmicFury
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:18 pm 

Ostepolse wrote:
Funny that i found this post right now, i was going to find the viking\folk metla thread to recomend this band.

Right now im listening to the album "Oath of a Warrior", its good, but i think that "Of Myths And Legends" are the best.

"Due to rumours on the net it´s true, we´ve entered the studio to record the first half of our new CD.We hope it will hit the shops in the end of 2008"
Looking so forward to the new album.

Haha I actually recommended Black Messiah in that same thread some time ago :p

I think both albums are incredible in their own right, really. Myths and Legends has more folk elements (which allows for more cultural experience and atmosphere) while Oath has more of a distinction between having folk elements and merely being folk influenced (which makes for more of a ''Metal'' focused experience, in my opinion). Either way, both are GREAT. :metal:

... And I actually didn't know about the new album progress! That just made my day haha deinitely looking forward to that.

Ostepolse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:34 pm 

New song on their myspace, to be honost i didnt like it so much, it was OK, nothing more, nothing less. Lets hope that the picture when the song is playing is the album cover, its horse ugly.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.