Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
godzillalance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 pm 

I had posted a thread a couple of months ago about this, but didn't get much buzz. So, I'm trying again. I'm looking to start a metal review web show on YouTube, but I don't have any audience or interest from anyone. Here's the link to the pilot episode.

http://youtu.be/8YBhQt1OZVk

I'm possibly trying to go for a AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) or JonTron style of show, except for metal music. I have all the means to produce the show, so I don't need any donations or anything. I just need fellow metalheads to give me an honest opinion of the video and idea as a whole.

Thank you all! \m/

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 am 

If you want to be like AVGN or JonTron, then you'll want to start reviewing shitty albums. I know from experience that people are more interested in negative reviews than they are in positive reviews. I know exactly where you can start.

godzillalance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:26 am 

Thank you for the suggestion good sir! I have thought about reviewing shitty metal or metal I don't like and call it shitty, but I don't own any of such CDs. I see the show as a means of bringing together metalheads to enjoy (mainly) underground, non-mainstream/radio metal and anyone who might want a good laugh. Oh and I see what you mean about a starting point....reading the comments and listening to the song gave me a much needed chuckle.

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 am 

Was the first part from the Hodgetwins? I can definitely see the AVGN approach in there. I do wonder if that way will be too schticky or gimmicky for metal, but maybe this'll grow on me. I subscribed and will be watching.

godzillalance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:24 am 

If it is, it wasn't intentional. The thing that will be a challenge here is that with video games, there's not too much bias involved and most people will agree that a certain game(s) is shitty when they see it. Music on the other hand is subjective, especially when it comes to the True Metal vs. Poser Metal legacy, or the "because I can't understand the singing, doesn't sound like anything, too fast, etc. etc., this sucks" and so forth. Behind filmmaking, music is my other big passion and, if possible, I hope that this series can blend those two passions and make something great. Surely, there's as big of metal community online as there is video gaming community......

Reply to topic