Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm 

Check it out... you'll find this pretty interesting. :)

http://hornsuprocks.blogspot.com/2013/03/strychnia-to-collaborate-with-member-of.html

*Edited my post because a forum troll decided to move my thread and change the title. Apparently telling people in the "Metal Discussion" thread to read an article about a death metal pioneer recording with a local band... is promoting!

Last edited by K oLauGHLiN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peroy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm 

K oLauGHLiN wrote:
Check it out... found this pretty interesting.

Of course you did... XD

TK95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm 

I didn't. You sound like generic deathcore:/ Still doing a somewhat good job.

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:11 pm 

Peroy wrote:
K oLauGHLiN wrote:
Check it out... found this pretty interesting.

Of course you did... XD

LOL shhhhh!

@TK95 It's all good man, everyone's free to their own opinion. I honestly wouldn't label it Deathcore, but as I said, it's your opinion! Mind if I ask what song you listened to?

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:15 pm 

John Gallagher of Dying Fetus should join Raven.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:54 pm 

You mean, "John Gallagher of Dying Fetus to record with my band."

Anyways, decent tunes, awesome cover and congrats on working with Gallagher.

It's got some modern death/thrash sounds with groovy chugging and high/low vocals that are sometimes associated with deathcore, but that doesn't make this deathcore.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:02 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
John Gallagher of Dying Fetus should join Raven.

:lol:

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm 

ld50 wrote:
You mean, "John Gallagher of Dying Fetus to record with my band."

Anyways, decent tunes, awesome cover and congrats on working with Gallagher.

It's got some modern death/thrash sounds with groovy chugging and high/low vocals that are sometimes associated with deathcore, but that doesn't make this deathcore.

Haha, well hey... I just figured metalheads would find interest in a story like this and I really don't think it belongs in the promotion thread because I'm not doing it to promote my band. I'm sure to some it may seem like that, but I didn't intend it. Thanks for the compliments though! I'm glad you realize it doesn't make it Deathcore just because the vocals resemble that style. Actually Deicide is my main influence for adding high-pitched screams and overlap patterns to our songs.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:58 pm 

You should have the sense to disclose that you're talking about your own band, perhaps people will find it interesting but there's a promotional forum for promoting your own music.

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:10 pm 

Did I not just say that I didn't intend on "promoting" my band? If you ask me, I clearly DIDN'T come in here promoting like a jack-ass. If I came in here posting "Hey check out my band! We're from NJ and we've released an album in 2011... blah blah blah" ... THAT'S promoting. What's with you forum trolls anyways? You treat your boards like they're a sacred vagina. HOW DARE someone post an article RELATED to their own band in the "METAL DISCUSSION" thread. No one would be complaining if it were a different user posting the same exact words.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 pm 

You basically went in around about way of trying to be sneeky about it. It's still promoting, if you really didn't want anyone to think it's your band you should've have thrown in the "LOL shhhhh! " like you are trying to pull one over on your parents.

Won't be checking.

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
You basically went in around about way of trying to be sneeky about it. It's still promoting, if you really didn't want anyone to think it's your band you should've have thrown in the "LOL shhhhh! " like you are trying to pull one over on your parents.

Won't be checking.

Guess you're a stranger to sarcasm? Just because I SARCASTICALLY said "lol shhh" doesn't mean that I was trying to hide the fact that it was my band. In fact, I wouldn't have said anything if I were trying to hide it. Again, please crawl back into your cave. I really don't understand you people. You've been a member of a forum for 6 years and you whine about the smallest things. Who cares if it's my band, I clearly wasn't promoting it. The post got nearly 300 views in a couple of hours, people were obviously interested in it which is why I posted it. IF I wanted to promote my band, I would've tried A LOT harder.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 pm 

You are promoting and are mad you were called out on it. views =/= anything of value. Good bye.

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
You are promoting and are mad you were called out on it. views =/= anything of value. Good bye.

Lol your perception of anger is amusing. I can tell you that the article also received 1,000+ views in a couple hours and I can also tell you approximately 25% of the traffic came from this forum. Thanks, and goodbye ;)

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 am 

It doesn't matter what your apparent intent was, this is a promotional thread, just as all of your posts prior to this have been promotional. Yes, it would garner some interest, but if you're going to post in a forum, you have to post within the rules just like everyone else does.

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:36 pm 

ld50 wrote:
It doesn't matter what your apparent intent was, this is a promotional thread, just as all of your posts prior to this have been promotional. Yes, it would garner some interest, but if you're going to post in a forum, you have to post within the rules just like everyone else does.

And that's my argument lol. If you ask me, I was following the rules. I don't consider this post promotional. Compare it to my other posts which are all properly placed, and they are promotional. HUGE difference.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm 

Oh you guys. He's just excited that some dude people might care about is going to be working with him. No need to be dicks about it.

Still, whether you realized it or not, this would constitute as promotion, since you made a specific thread about YOUR band working with some death metal dude. No harm in that.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 pm 

K oLauGHLiN wrote:
ld50 wrote:

And that's my argument lol. If you ask me, I was following the rules. I don't consider this post promotional. Compare it to my other posts which are all properly placed, and they are promotional. HUGE difference.

If you're posting about your band, it's automatically considered promotional. You're one of hundreds that this has happened to and if you lurked a little more you would realize this. It's not a big deal. Anyways, redundant redundancy is redundant. Save your energy for updates which will serve your purposes better than complaining about nonexistent discrimination. Yeah? Yeah. *group hug*

K oLauGHLiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 pm 

Haha, we can agree to disagree, and although I'm new to these forums I can already tell you that I have way more respect for people on here than most other forums. Especially Ultimate-Guitar because they've got way too many trolls who think they know it all. I had kids who listen to Coheed and Cambria and Bring Me The Horizon telling me my band isn't Death Metal when they don't even listen to it.

Goreguttz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:14 pm 

Holy shit this is fucking awesome... just realized you guys are about to release this song today. Pretty stoked!

Reply to topic