Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
logan6511
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 pm 

Greeting my brothers and sisters of metal;

Like the title reads, I was wondering how bands promote in different places and get people to their shows. What has worked and what hasn't. I've been in several local bands in Maryland and Puerto Rico, and both scene have very similar pros and cons.

-In Maryland we have a "pay to play" Culture that has made many musicians find their Fortune else where. A good night can host up 300 fans other nights can bring 20 paying.

-The local metal scene is relatively small, but tight, so its not uncommon to find your self playing in front of the same crowd over and over.

-The most popular style is Death Metal (Dying Fetus, Misery Index).
-Only big show every year is the Maryland Death fest.

Let me hear whats happening in other parts of the world. Any success story you want to share?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm 

I record myself and release it myself and sometimes post it up on here. Amazingly people find it and buy the albums, hell i'm surprised that there are people that are willing to go through the time of ripping it and then uploading it to be downloaded.

logan6511
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I record myself and release it myself and sometimes post it up on here. Amazingly people find it and buy the albums, hell i'm surprised that there are people that are willing to go through the time of ripping it and then uploading it to be downloaded.

Damn, its quite impressive the amount of "do it yourself" artist we find nowadays. Maybe its a sign of the times. Good stuff my friend!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm 

it's sorta cause I know what I'm capable of and that i can depend on myself to finish and present a product in a way I want presented. And since I actually do so many projects it's easier for me to do it this way since i've never been great with promotion otherwise I would've probably gotten something out on something bigger...

Progtronic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am 

I'm also a D.I.Y'r.. creating everything myself.

Sites like youtube and soundcloud are pretty much the 'new radio' for independent, underground artists and bands.. and that's mainly how I promote the final product.

Reply to topic