Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Revenge_Cult
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:59 am 

Greetings, fellow blasphemers.

You might know me from r/Metal or BLACK METAL Facebook page. I thought that this might interest people feom this community, so I decided to post the final update here.

Greetings. The interviews are nearly finished, and the scenario is over. Once again, I want to thank you for your support and suggestions, and I want to say that every one of you who helped the documentary with your suggestions, contacts for people to get interviews, etc, will have their names in credits.

The documentary will focus mainly on the begginings of Black Metal genre. The real begginings, not the Norwegian one. We are going to talk about Venom and Mercyful Fate(although this was done numerous times, it is a must so we will include it) and the first-wave , where we will cover influential bands that are rarely mentioned. Some of the bands that are going to be covered are early Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, early Sodom and Destruction, Tormentor, Bathory, early Mayhem, Master's Hammer, Samael, Beherit, etc. for Europe, Sarcofago, Holocausto, Maleficarum, Parabellum, Mystifier, early Sepultura, etc. for South America, Sabbat, Sigh, etc. for Asia, and Blasphemy, Antichrist, etc. for North America.

That part, by rough estimation, is going to last for an hour, including the talk about philosophy behind the music, main ispirations for music, and, for South America scene, story about bands struggling amidst brutal civil wars, dictatorships, and poverty, while still expressing and creating Black (Extreme) Metal in an actually evil environment.

The second part is going to focus on the different scenes in the 1990's, and their different approach to the genre. Some of the bands that are going to be covered are Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Thorns, Emperor, Immortal, Enslaved, Satyricon, Hades, Ulver, Ancient, Gorgoroth, Carpathian Forest etc. for the Northern Europe scene, Rotting Christ, Varathron, Necromantia, Thou Art Lord, etc. for the Hellenic scene, Blasphemy, Conqueror, Archgoat, Bestial Warlust, etc. for the "Bestial/War Metal" scene, etc.

That part, by rough estimation, is going to last for an hour, including the talk about philosophy behind the music, main ispirations for music, while skipping the controversy talk, and only giving source for that information if someone wants to read more about it (It will be on our website, including the information not only on Norwegian stories, but Canadian, Indonesian etc. which are rarely being talked about).

After that, the focus is going to be on further development of the genre, and a short talk about it. The plan is to continue this talk in a YouTube series, that is going to cover each subgenre by an episode that is dedicated to it. We are going to include every band and genre that you suggested, going from Dimmu Borgir, to Deathspell Omega, to Nyogthaeblisz, to Anaal Nathrakh, to Lantlos, etc.

In order to realise this, I am going to collect funds through Indiegogo crowdfunding website. The cause has collected \~2000$ since the start through personal donations. Every donation will have it's rewards, which are going to be revealed when the crowdfunding campaign starts. The costs are reducted to bare minimum, and I hope that the goal will be reached. The campaign is going to start in a few days, so, if you are interested, stay tuned.

Thank you a lot for your support, your suggestions, even negative ones, since it has affected the documentary in a good way.

Looking forward to hear your opinions.

Reply to topic