Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SextonMetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:58 pm 

This is the video teaser for my upcoming EP due to be released in early 2018. Vocals will be coming soon.

Sexton is my solo metal project after years of playing in bands with little to show for after they each fell apart. I had always wanted to release my own music and I finally made up my mind that I would finish at least one release or die trying. When I write music, I don't think too hard about what sub-genre of metal it is going to fit into or about trying to stick to one particular sound. I just record what I think sounds cool and hope that others will enjoy it as well.

The "Reformation" EP is still a work in progress currently but is close to being finished. The original inspiration for the EP title can be seen in the cover art. A supernova explodes violently and leaves behind the elements that eventually make up new celestial bodies by "reforming". I think the concept of reformation is as alive in the human condition as it is in an exploding star.

Let me know if you like what you have heard in the teaser, and don't be afraid to follow me on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/sextonmetal

Reply to topic