Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
rochestermetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 pm 

This is my first time posting so sorry in advance if I broke any rules.

After reading the noisey article "how metal is your city" and noticed that my hometown of Rochester was the 4th most metal city in the country I started trying to find more information on the local scene but was disappointed to find very little. So I decided to start work on a project to compile and organize as much information as possible on the Rochester metal scene. Please understand I am doing this in my free time and therefore would greatly appreciate any help from people that might have more information on lesser known bands (ones not featured on Metal Archives unless you have more info on them), local record labels, the history of the Rochester metal scene, basically if Rochester and Metal are involved I'm interested (yes that includes your high-school band that had one demo only on cassette from one summer).
If you have any information that you think might be of interest to this project please email me at [email protected]

also I'm teaching myself HTML atm and am using Mozilla thimble webmaker as a compiler/ide/temporary host to have friends test out the functionality of the site. So if there is anyone out there with any technical knowledge on networking or how to run a site your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

btw heres the link to the noisey article mention earlier https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/how-metal-is-your-city-graph

Reply to topic