Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
xpsychoblissx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm 

Hi, my name is Dan, and I'm available immediately for an interesting music project. My weapon of choice is the guitar (6-string, D standard tuning), but I also play the bass (fretless) and do vocals (singing and screaming).

I have an Agile Reaper with EMG pickups as my main guitar. As far as what I play goes, I usually come up with ideas within the death metal or black metal genres, but sometimes NWOBH and traditional metal, too...think Black Sabbath. I've been playing guitar for about 10 years--5 years "professionally". I've been playing the bass for about 4 years, and vocals for about 5 years. I also have drum programming abilities if needed.

My deeper, death metal scream is modeled after early Amorphis, and my higher scream is pretty run of the mill higher register death metal/black metal, though my comfortable spot is my lower screams. I can also do a variety of clean style singing. I'm pretty good at bass, but not a virtuoso by any means--same for the guitar. My specialty is creating a "mood" in my songs.

My big influences in metal are Black Sabbath, Amorphis, Thorns, Satyricon, Agalloch, Les Discrets, and Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad. If you'd like a good example of my style and what I'm capable of, please check out my channel on YouTube.

Hopefully that gives you a good idea of what I have to offer... I'm mostly interested in adding my touch to mostly completed work, but I'm open to anything. Send me a PM with an example of your music, and I'll get back to you!

Reply to topic