Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Recapitation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:09 pm 

Does anybody know what rig Steve from Obscura-era Gorguts was using?

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/S ... tier/11424
^Picture
Here's my only lead and it looks like an Ampeg SVT head, but I have no clue about the cabinet.

I'm considering my favorite bassist's equipment now that I'm gear shopping (heyo! Financial aid!), so for further discussion. I'm considering an Ampeg SVT 4pro for my head. I really want to get a Sunn cab, but those are few and far between in these parts, so I'm considering a SWR Goliath. Thoughts?

Looking to play Death Metal, but second priority is to get some good fuzzy Doom/Sludge tone as well.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 am 

You can't really go wrong with Ampeg, really. An SVT4 and an 8x10 and then maybe some pedals of your preference for fuzz or whatever will be suitable for pretty much anything.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:00 am 

I highly recommend the Ampeg SVT 4Pro, i've gone through a lot of bass heads and this is the best one I have gotten and never felt the need to get another. And I agree with Awblaster, just get an 8x10 classic ampeg cab and your set. That's my standard set up along with an old russian green big muff pi.

I also have an Peavy 2x10/2x18 cab that I use for using just straight doom cause of the bit more low end but the ampeg cab is quite capable of handling all your needs you want. It's what I mainly use while recording everything.

Reply to topic