Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 pm 

Alright there guys. Due to not being able to afford enough time in a studio to finish shit myself (like, at all... ever.) I'm in need of a vocalist. Email me at [email protected]

The band is "Intra Tenebrae", a black metal band of sorts from the UK, you can hear samples - Here -
That's the sort of direction the stuff i'm working on is heading in. There's about five songs totalling around 50 minutes total for me to send you pretty much straight away for the demo tracks (including the two in the samples linked above). Anyway, the sort of thing i'm looking for in a vocalist is one that sounds similar to any of the following or any combination of the following -

Woe
Ash Borer
This Gift Is A Curse
Wolves In The Throne Room
M8L8Th (just on the by the wing of black album, they were psychotic)

anyway - if you could reach me at [email protected] with the subject "vocalist" then i'm more likely to get back to you quicker than on here.

edit: If your vocals are, what I would call "the generic scandinavian/norsecore sound" dont bother emailing me. I dont want to sound anything like Satyricon or Gorgoroth or Marduk or Abyssic Hate or Antaeus or Aura Noir. It's been done to fucking death, over 10 years ago. I do not want this at all, basically, avoid sounding like every other european black metal band's vocalist. You're aiming for somewhere between Woe's Quietly, Undramatically (the song, although the whole album is good), Anything by Ash Borer with a dose of Wolves In The Throne Room. Anyone that can make that exact sort of grating, razor sharp yet pained, melancholy and soulful scream is what i'm after. So yeah, What I do want is a vocalist with their own "sort of unique" style that at least reminds people of the vocals of one of the following bands (listed in no particular order): Ash Borer, This Gift Is A Curse, Hexis, Wolves In The Throne Room, Somne, Axis Of Light, Thou, Leech, Fell Voices, Woe, Mahria, Wodensthrone and that sorta thing

Last edited by Something_Inside on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:34 am 

I have sent you an email mate.

Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:30 am 

Replying to all the emails you guys have sent now!

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:09 am 

You got a inbox bro.

Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:12 am 

bump. Cheers for the interest guys.

Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 am 

bump again, still haven't "got a vocalist" so to speak, waiting on plenty of files from people interested - people reading this thinking "ah fuck it hes clearly got plenty of people interested" ... well, I apparently do, but I have no idea whatsoever if the perfect vocalist for the project is one of the people that messaged me. So if you fancy it, send me a mail.

Although I MUST add that you read this bit, and understand it:
If your vocals are, what I would call "the generic scandinavian/norsecore sound" dont bother emailing me. I dont want to sound anything like Satyricon or Gorgoroth or Marduk or Abyssic Hate or Antaeus or Aura Noir. It's been done to fucking death, over 10 years ago. I do not want this at all, basically, avoid sounding like every other european black metal band's vocalist. You're aiming for somewhere between Woe's Quietly, Undramatically (the song, although the whole album is good), Anything by Ash Borer with a dose of Wolves In The Throne Room. Anyone that can make that exact sort of grating, razor sharp yet pained, melancholy and soulful scream is what i'm after. So yeah, What I do want is a vocalist with their own "sort of unique" style that at least reminds people of the vocals of one of the following bands (listed in no particular order): Ash Borer, This Gift Is A Curse, Hexis, Wolves In The Throne Room, Somne, Axis Of Light, Thou, Leech, Fell Voices, Woe, Mahria, Wodensthrone and that sorta thing

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm 

http://soundcloud.com/blackmetalbloodho ... -throne-of Give me a listen bro. Ill let you be the judge. \;m;/

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm 

I'll send you something soon. I've been told I have unorthodox black metal vocals. Tomorrow I'll send it over, plus I remember listening to your project awhile back and I thought it kicked a lot of ass.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 pm 

bloodhornbloodfrost wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/blackmetalbloodhorn/blood-upon-the-throne-of Give me a listen bro. Ill let you be the judge. \;m;/

Just saw your mail. listening now, will PM you if you're what i'm looking for, or if I think you could do it.

@PhilosophicalFrog, thanks dude! email the gmail account above and i'll get back to you asap. Although, I have to ask how unorthodox are we talking?

kinda @philosophical but is also aimed at everyone else: (on account of how i've had to say this to /every/ vocalist apart from Jacob, most of whom apparently cant read when the first post says "dont sound like [x]") - the common trait that the vocals for all the bands I listed above is that they sound like a particular type of hardcore punk vocalist (like, the most extreme high screamer kind) rather than an actual[u] black metal vocalist. --- this is the point that my first post //TRIED// to make that people arent getting, I say this now so that you and anyone else reading it isn't confused when they send me their take and I message back saying "yeah, dude.... what about the influence bands I listed, you sound more like Marduk than any of them, didnt you see I dont want the vocals to sound anything like any late-90's scandinavian bm"

tl;dr - if you hear Woe or M8L8Th or Wolves In The Throne Room (in particular the songs, in order of artist: Quietly, Undramatically - Scum - Face In A Nighttime Mirror Part 1) and you do not immediately think "I could make that noise, or my own version of it that'll still sound as good" - then please, dont get back to me.

Is this now too specific, or am I still not being specific enough to be helpful to someone that WANTS to do vocals but instead being a dick?

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:23 pm 

bloodhornbloodfrost wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/blackmetalbloodhorn/blood-upon-the-throne-of Give me a listen bro. Ill let you be the judge. \;m;/

kinda reminded me of katharsis for a little bit

Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 pm 

bump

Reply to topic