Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llqcVC9v1vE

So, I recorded this quite a while ago, probably about a year. Since this point, I've fallen out of the practice of my distorted vocals, focusing instead on instruments, music theory, and clean vocals. Lately though, I've been attempting to get into songwriting with a few of my friends. Now, distorted vocals are something I would like to incorporate, and as the only one of us who can do them, I'd like your feedback. Really, anything I could improve on, a specific style I should try, or whatever you think would improve the sound.

Thanks in advance, cheers

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 pm 

It sounds like you were too loud for your mic :P (it seems to have that distortion that happens when the recording software clips it for going over -0db.)

angilesam
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:24 am 

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 pm 

I think you have the vocals good enough to start working on how to integrate them into the project you are working on with your friends. It would be easier to provide feedback with a higher quality audio upload and with something that wasn't a cover so we can all hear how your style is working. Try out different styles to see if you like them or just stick with whatever you think will be best for the project. The main areas of improvement would be with mixing at this point, maybe some more control over how to use volume and smoothing out the differences in your voice between the higher and lower notes.

Reply to topic