Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Count Rodge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:22 am 

Have an album fully recorded musically, it's been gathering dust for the past four years as we have never been able to find a vocalist to complete the band line-up. So right now we're just looking at getting the album finished as a studio project, so we're looking for a vocalist interested in getting involved.

The music can best be described as progressive metal, but I guess it's not progressive in that it's hyper-technical, more progressive in it's structures.. I guess Psychotic Waltz or Pain of Salvation might be used as pointers.

So we're looking for a vocalist with a strong and characteristic voice, I can supply any interested parties with rough mixes and lyrics.

I guess the ideal candidate should have access to their own recording facilities, as there's no money available right now to fund any further recording. This is a labour of love.

Any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

necropsyalpha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:49 pm 

Humm you should probably say what kind of vocals your looking for...

more singing / death / black /ect

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:21 am 

Yeah, if you give the type of vox you need I might be able to help out some.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

rumpusaurus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:37 am 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Yeah, if you give the type of vox you need I might be able to help out some.

Likewise. Also, if you posted a clip of a song, that would probably help attract the kind of singer you're looking for.

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:06 pm 

If you know what Pain of Salvation and Psychotic Waltz sound like, then you'll know what kind of vocals OP is looking for
Heavy Metal. No new shit.
Encloaked
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

Something_Inside
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:55 am 

Gi's a PM, might be able to help you out

Count Rodge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:58 am 

Element_man wrote:
If you know what Pain of Salvation and Psychotic Waltz sound like, then you'll know what kind of vocals OP is looking for

Thank You ;-)

Count Rodge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 am 

Have an album fully recorded musically, it's been gathering dust for the past twelve years as we have never been able to find a vocalist to complete the band line-up. So right now we're just looking at getting the album finished as a studio project, so we're looking for a vocalist interested in getting involved.

The music can best be described as progressive metal, but I guess it's not progressive in that it's hyper-technical, more progressive in it's structures.. As for vocal style, I guess Psychotic Waltz, Solitude Aeturnus, Queensryche or Pain of Salvation might be used as pointers.

So we're looking for a vocalist with a strong and characteristic voice, I can supply any interested parties with rough mixes and lyrics.

I guess the ideal candidate should have access to their own recording facilities, as there's no money available right now to fund any further recording. This is a labour of love.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:44 pm 

Count Rodge wrote:
Have an album fully recorded musically, it's been gathering dust for the past twelve years as we have never been able to find a vocalist to complete the band line-up. So right now we're just looking at getting the album finished as a studio project, so we're looking for a vocalist interested in getting involved.

The music can best be described as progressive metal, but I guess it's not progressive in that it's hyper-technical, more progressive in it's structures.. As for vocal style, I guess Psychotic Waltz, Solitude Aeturnus, Queensryche or Pain of Salvation might be used as pointers.

I PM'd you about it.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:34 pm 

Did you ever find a vocalist?

Do you have melody lines and lyrics written already or would the vocalist have leeway?

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:32 pm 

It would be really helpfull if you upload some tracks to atract a more suitable candidate. Also to describe a little bit more. (Wide range with a warm tone, prehaps some blues influences) stuff like that could be really handy. Good luck man!!

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:19 pm 

Paging the original poster. Are you getting my PMs? I've sent you two more vocal tracks within the past month and have gotten no feedback. If you're too busy or something, that's fine. I'm just womndering what's up, because I'd like to continue working on this project.

Reply to topic