Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 am 

I've got my second New York City show tomorrow at a place called Cha Cha's on Coney Island, right down the street from Nathan's Famous.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:29 am 

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
bloodhornbloodfrost wrote:
Sorry but I do this for me. Not for anyone else. If you like it then cool. If you dont then cool. Dosent bother me. And my bands mates helped picked the names from the list of possibles Id made. Just happens that they picked those and I agreed as well. I do agree about the z though. I just dont like the s. Horns looks worse to me then the Z. HornS? I dunno. Horn Of Iscariot?

What about Grand Iscariot's Horn?

Sorry didnt see this. Thats more of a song title I think.
But Lord Aghartha just sent me the first demo version for my other project "Gates Of Iscariot" If I can get these lyrics to work out its title will be "Blood upon the throne"
Anyways thnks guys. Look forward to getting this out so you can hear it. Shouldnt be no longer then 2 days.
-l-\;m;/\;m;/-l-

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 am 

The s just bothered me more then the z. I can live with Horn. I actualy was expecting something about being a Judas Iscariot dick rider or some shit. Love JI but not that much. Just love that name Iscariot.
But thanks man. Its nice to post about my project that I and my friends are working hard on with having to hear its not a real band cause we havent released anything yet. But thats blah blah on another forum.
Thanks again support the metal scene in general even if it isnt excatly your taste. -l-\;m;/\;m;/-l-

I don't think i would've liked a Capital letter at the end of the word regardless if it was properly spelled or not... too numetal looking to me.

Lol some people actually said that... if there is nothing released then it's not a real band? Hell then for the first 8 years I did bands many of them wouldn't have counted as existing if that's the case though I probably played 200 shows with the bands that just fall under that definition. And I don't see anything wrong with Iscariot anything. I don't particular care for Judas Iscariot but I didn't immediately think your band was inspired by cause it had a common word that's used in black metal in the band name. Now get to recording!

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 am 

But Lord Aghartha just sent me the first demo version for my other project "Gates Of Iscariot" If I can get these lyrics to work out its title will be "Blood upon the throne"
Anyways thnks guys. Look forward to getting this out so you can hear it. Shouldnt be no longer then 2 days.
-l-\;m;/\;m;/-l-

I was just making a GBK joke... heh

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
The s just bothered me more then the z. I can live with Horn. I actualy was expecting something about being a Judas Iscariot dick rider or some shit. Love JI but not that much. Just love that name Iscariot.
But thanks man. Its nice to post about my project that I and my friends are working hard on with having to hear its not a real band cause we havent released anything yet. But thats blah blah on another forum.
Thanks again support the metal scene in general even if it isnt excatly your taste. -l-\;m;/\;m;/-l-

I don't think i would've liked a Capital letter at the end of the word regardless if it was properly spelled or not... too numetal looking to me.

Lol some people actually said that... if there is nothing released then it's not a real band? Hell then for the first 8 years I did bands many of them wouldn't have counted as existing if that's the case though I probably played 200 shows with the bands that just fall under that definition. And I don't see anything wrong with Iscariot anything. I don't particular care for Judas Iscariot but I didn't immediately think your band was inspired by cause it had a common word that's used in black metal in the band name. Now get to recording!

I guess I dont pay attention enough to realize that was considered numetal thing. lol.
But ya Ive played in bands that never released anything as well. I guess they are not real. Some people just make me want to puke. But fuck it. Lyrics are almost done and getting ready to start recording the vocals today. Thanks for the kind words
Support Metal -l-\;m;/666\;m;/-l-

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:21 pm 

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
-l-\;m;/\;m;/-l-

I was just making a GBK joke... heh

Oh. hahaha. Obviously I wasnt thinking bro -l- \;m;/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:39 pm 

[quote="bloodhornbloodfrostI guess I dont pay attention enough to realize that was considered numetal thing. lol.
But ya Ive played in bands that never released anything as well. I guess they are not real. Some people just make me want to puke. But fuck it. Lyrics are almost done and getting ready to start recording the vocals today. Thanks for the kind words
Support Metal -l-\;m;/666\;m;/-l-[/quote]

You don't have to even pay attention to numetal specifically. it's apparent with any derpy teenager that you could've had contact with online or at shows... online where they type sHiT lIkE THiS like it's supposed to make them look all unhinged and I've unfortunately been on some bills with some utter shit bands that spelled shit wrong and with random capital letters.

post it up here once it's all recorded.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:08 pm 

Oh also what... last week I meantioned I had an ep's worth of death metal songs laying around that I was going to push out that weekend.. I mainly held off cause I couldn't decided on a damn name. I finally picked one so next week I'll be pushing it out. I'll start working on the layout and I've already penciled out a logo for it. I'm quite happy with my pick and it's not being used. yay.

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:04 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Oh also what... last week I meantioned I had an ep's worth of death metal songs laying around that I was going to push out that weekend.. I mainly held off cause I couldn't decided on a damn name. I finally picked one so next week I'll be pushing it out. I'll start working on the layout and I've already penciled out a logo for it. I'm quite happy with my pick and it's not being used. yay.

Awsome man let us know when its out.

So today I didnt get to work on the song I ended up working for the lady next to me all day. Anyways I found a mic. I freaked out cause I badly need one. Only thing is I need a converted to fit it in the jack. I get paid monday so im going to hold off till monday on finishing the song vocally.
Oh and the mic I was using is a built in mic. So im looking at a monday night release of the song.
-l-\;m;/666\;m;/-l-

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 am 

Oh I will. I always let everyone know.. haha.

You should have a Pm./

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm 

Currently working on two piano songs and a dark ambient track that will open up my first EP. Also practicing drums as always and more and more piano. Practicing with a prog rock band here, learned about 45 minutes of their material already and I'll be helping them with production on their second album which has their old drummer on it.

Also starting to think about the way I'll need to compose music for a video game I was asked to work on. I should also start thinking about how to do some solo drone/ambient/experimental concerts since I'm always getting asked to do some. I might also be working with a rather well known band for remixing some of their songs. Hopefully that'll work out!

Too much stuff to do, not enough time!

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:02 am 

Writing stuff for a raw d-beat crust band. Going to be scuzzy as fuck.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 pm 

Started writing some doom, and coming up with all the riffs on the bass. Kind of going for a Reverend Bizarre/Grand Magus/The Wandering Midget kinda vibe.

bloodhornbloodfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm 

Got a job today which pushed me back on finishing my bands first song "Blood Upon The Throne Of Iscariot" But I will be able to get it done tomorrow. Fuck I cant wait to get it done and out there so people can hear it -l-

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 am 

Wrote 2 post-black songs, 3 'epic' BM songs (greatly influenced by Blut aus Nord), and a 12-minute song that sounds like Mastodon or something. It's been a pretty productive 3 days or so.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am 

I edited everything was needed to finish the Forestfather album. It was a living hell but it's done and now just the final mix and master lasts to release the fucker!

SLK, check your mail.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 pm 

RELEASE THE FUCKER!

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:30 pm 

Someone wants to commission me to do the music for a Russian language audio book. This is such an odd and unexpected project I think I’m gonna have to take him up.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:08 pm 

I checked and responded I'm glad it's over finally.

I'm writing out my drums for the black/doom band I signed up for last week so I can knock out the entire album this weekend.
Also writing lyrics for that 3 song dm cd.
seeing what else I have to or might try to squeeze in.

sourlows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 pm 

went back to school, left all my equipment at home scared I was going to get a prison cell as a dorm room. instead i ended up getting a huge room in the tower (seniority = better rooms?) so next time I go home I have to bring back my equipment. in the time i don't have instruments i'm keeping myself busy experimenting with VSTis/eq which I generally neglected in past recordings.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I checked and responded I'm glad it's over finally.

Today at 3:00 am I finished sending the files over the studio. Now it's up them to get it done soon, what a relief!

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
RELEASE THE FUCKER!

14 years with no official release it's too much time for any band/project. From now on I'm determined to release something at least 1 album per 1 1/2 years (I have a bunch of songs already written and writing more shit constantly).

If I find the time to do it, I would go on the Varg's killing spree all the way and record everything the next year and release them 1 album per year (adding the 98-03' scores, 1 unreleased demo and 1 unreleased ep, I have enough material for roughly 3 albums).

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 am 

The good news is that after 14 years you're going to come back like some forgotten demon and totally own. Good luck, man. On the subject of Varg, I can't say that his prolific output did much to improve his quality, so if it isn't up to par, don't beat yourself up over not keeping a schedule. Quality is king. And you make cool stuff, so it's worth the wait.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 am 

Oh, no! I'm not rushing anything! the music is already written, so I just need to check some parts that I might not like much now but the core aspect will remain intact (for the better or the worst). I'll be moving to far north and I might find some free time to kill, which, if happens, I'll spend recording stuff. The Ep (4 tracks, 40 min length) it's very promising. I recorded everything in 08' but I had poor equipment and the results were very bad IMO and I think I'll re-record it somewhere in the near future.

About the new stuff I'm writing... it's more varied I think. There's a lot of (neo)folk, maybe a doom component and black metal, of course. I guess the new material will show my classical guitar skills the most, I only need a couple of guest musicians (piano, violin/cello) to get the whole lineup. The ex-vocalist of Forestfather will be doing flutes and other wind instruments as well and if I'm living at north, I'll record everything directly in a pro studio.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:32 am 

Well I'm definitely looking forward to hearing classical guitar style skills. It'll be awesome to record in a legit studio. You probably slept pretty damn well after that 3am send-off, eh?

Glad you're alive. You were stabbed in my dream last night (or some completely wrong guess my brain took at what you look like). Story's in the FFA. :(

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:01 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
Someone wants to commission me to do the music for a Russian language audio book. This is such an odd and unexpected project I think I’m gonna have to take him up.

Sounds awesome. I'd love to hear this when it's done. :D

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:36 pm 

^+1 .. likewise. How did that come your way, cf?

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm 

Fairly random actually. I’ve got a co-worker who moved to Canada from Ukraine in the early 90s who writes short fiction in Russian. He’s doing alright for himself, he’s sold a few decent runs in Ukraine, and now his agent got him a contact to turn some of his stories into audio books.

Although they’ve got a place that does their music for them I guess he really wants me to do it instead. We’ll see how it goes, I’m not sure yet exactly what he’s looking for and even then it’s possible that the publisher will decline to use my music. If they do use it I’ll get a small sum of money and possibly more work in the future. Plus it’s completely different from what I normally do so I’m looking forward to giving it a go.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 pm 

Well, the mix and master of the album will be done not before the second half of October. For instance, the artwork is on the works.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:13 am 

Built two didgeridoos, got down how to do the basic drone but I still know only a few of the other techniques. Of all the instruments I have tried to pick up casually so far, this little project has been the most difficult. I hope to make some primitive black metal and incorporate unusual sounds, like the didgeridoo, without it all coming off as a gimmick. The sound was surprisingly good when I recorded it given the extraordinarily inauthentic materials and lack of care put into the construction.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:16 am 

My band auditioned our new drummer this week. I wasn't present though, pulling some military duty and whathaveyou. Apparently the guy's got some good feel and is pretty tight. Problem is he's an old-school thrash metal kinda drummer, can't really blast or grind. Which is a problem because consistent blast hits are like the most basic element of the drumming on our songs, especially the newer, unrecorded ones. My vocalist(also self-styled dictator) has given him a few months to get up to shape.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:53 pm 

Hell yeah, it's going well again!

Auditioned a new drummer who turned out to be even better than the previous! I will let him sweat for a while before I give him the positive answer.

I also made it official just now, that Johan Klevenskog, former guitarist of Godphobia (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Godphobia/82285), is now our new bass player!

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 pm 

Well, Psychic Faith has been put on an extended hiatus due to conflicts we had last weekend. However, the guitarist and I have started a new project with a different drummer under the name of Parrilla. It's going to pretty much pick up from where Psychic Faith left off so we're hoping to get some shows and such together within the next couple months. Mostly going to be using songs that were originally meant for Psychic Faith and will keeping up the blues/doom metal sound. Hopefully there will be a little more progress this time around...

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 pm 

I think I've got the structure and tempo tracks sorted for two new doom songs. Going to write a third (probably for the songwriting challenge) and then get to work on an EP. I'm planning on covering Solitude by Candlemass as well.

Poe Ohlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 pm 

I've started to put word out about my band and it's need of members more. I actually posted an ad on here to see what would happen. Other then that, I've just been writing more metal stuff, as for a while I was writing some stuff in vein of Joy Division.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:38 pm 

Drummer got the spot! Now we only need a new permanent vocalist...

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:05 pm 

Soon as you have that. someone else will leave.

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm 

Finished my bands 15 sec compilation song today just need to add vocals on it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:40 pm 

I was sick over the weekend I couldn't do shit.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:36 pm 

Nothing surprises me anymore, but this time I have a solid line up. At least the three of us on guitars and bass are staying put!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm 

there will be an unfortunate accident.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 185  Next