Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 am 

very punkish. I like it. the name.... well okay.

doktersatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:44 am 

thhank you, yes we didnt really think about the name, just took it from a simpsons episode we watched beforehand. :)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:12 pm 

well it's also that there are a number of other christpunchers bands

guitar_metal_777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:12 pm 

I'm in a band right now. We're mostly indie post-hardcore stuff. We're playing our second show sometime this month. We just finished working on our seventh song, and we just started writing this semester.

I play guitar, and do screams occasionally, though we're probably going to phase that out so I can sing. still haven't found a good technique for it. I'll probably be posting once we have actual demo's put up.

Noktorn wrote:
I'd imagine that my parents are very tired with me saying "OH MY GOD LISTEN TO THIS RIFF HERE IT'S AMAZING why are you walking away from me. "

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 am 

Working on my double bass and learning None So Vile.

doktersatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 pm 

pff Thats a tough one! how far into it are you? flo's drums always intimidated the hell out of me, might as well quit now! ;P

anywho not much happening since my last post, just practced with my "real"band, dri worship crossover band waking the dead
www.myspace.com/wtdthrash

also still thinking of a name for the neanderthal death metal stuff! if anyone hs any suggestions?

lastly, I'm looking for online collaborators for some a tad more serious music ,
some blackened melodic death stuff I started recording while I was sick.

the programmed drums still have to be replaced with real ones, and some synth editing needs to be done. Oh and maybe a basspart, but I could do that myself too...
anywho here it is
http://www.drsatan.nl/metzooi.mp3

Bonged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 pm 

The only difficult thing about Flo is his crazy fills that he does so much and his syncopated drumming he does a bit.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:55 pm 

So basically his entire drumming style. lol @ you

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:08 pm 

I'm so happy my band is finally working out. I'm getting better at the drums and my guitar playing is getting pretty good. And when I sing (clean vocals) it doesn't sound like a dying animal anymore! If only we could find a good name...

MaloRiN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:24 am 

Recorded our first song a couple of days ago. Now working on lyrics to second one and trying to make other band members to actually learn our songs, not just tell me that they are in process of learning. Surprisingly enough, we actually took a turn from sympho BM to some really weird black\doom\death crossover.

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:55 am 

Bonged wrote:
The only difficult thing about Flo is his crazy fills that he does so much and his syncopated drumming he does a bit.

I can actually play most of the album exactly as the album except I only have two rack toms so sometimes the tom fills don't sound quite right.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 am 

MaloRiN wrote:
Recorded our first song a couple of days ago. Now working on lyrics to second one and trying to make other band members to actually learn our songs, not just tell me that they are in process of learning. Surprisingly enough, we actually took a turn from sympho BM to some really weird black\doom\death crossover.

that turn sounds like you went into a much cooler sounding band.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 am 

Now learning how to play the soundtrack of Megaman Xtreme 2. It sounds really 'metal' for a video game. :D

Some songs for the interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSVs2-PAsJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufNmphZe4HU
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:29 pm 

wrote and demoed out 2 songs for this full band i'm putting together. hopefully everyone is onboard for what I want to do.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:43 pm 

Practicing my sweep picking and pick tapping,and promoting my band Axis of Frost. Working hard to release our demo in physical form so we can get on the archives

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:20 am 

I've been playing and writing a bunch of epic, thrashy Crust tunes I have kicking around...I NEED to get a band together to play these with!

Atmospheric Black Metal (solo)

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:20 am 

CrustAsFuckExistence wrote:
I've been playing and writing a bunch of epic, thrashy Crust tunes I have kicking around...I NEED to get a band together to play these with!

Epic... crust? :???:

doktersatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 am 

there are lots of (neo)crust bands that are use "real" chords and melodies instead of just powerchords.
i'd say epic is a pretty fair description

http://youtu.be/HZfd8s5F2JU
Tragedy for instance

It seems were gonna go jam with a new drummer in a few hours. hopefully some good death metal will come out of it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
CrustAsFuckExistence wrote:

Epic... crust? :???:

never heard of Fall of Efrafa? that's exactly what it is. 20 min long songs and the only way i could describe them to anyone is melodic epic crust.

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 pm 

I was thinking of more old school influenced stuff...there's a LOT of epic Crust outside of "Neo-Crust". Like this stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp_Mnvwb32g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifRp5VDW7vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D1w4mo7Pkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpTRNJ5O9AA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVGrPg8fOGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzf5GtyhJdE

Out of those that Nausea tune and the Hellshock and After The Bombs ones are most like what I play since I have the epic feel as well as fast thrash riffs...

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 pm 

all excellent bands.

this new band i meantioned earlier is basically forming up to be epic crust death doom. so I'm hoping it all gels real well. I wrote 2 songs and spread them around the guys to get opinions on what they think of them.

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm 

Sounds awesome man, when you get some stuff recorded you should definitely post it on here..

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:12 pm 

I certainly will. the plan is to have an ep recorded by the end of may.

RiffWorship
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:13 am 

Writing new fingerstyle acoustic guitar pieces I'll play live and eventually record.

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:13 pm 

I decided last night (while drunk haha) that I'm gonna do a solo Atmospheric Black Metal/RABM (Red & Anarchist Black Metal) project to "tide me over" till I can get a Crust band going (not that I'll just stop this BM thing when I have a band though)...all I have for drums is a machine, so I might actually need to find someone else to do drums, but then if the drum machine sounds good in context I'll just leave it at that.

MrDeadRaven
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 pm 

Well, I just moved to Canada about three months ago. I've been trying to find myself a band to jam with. I was going to try out for this college band called a hopeless lie, but they are way to br00tal for my taste.

By myself, I've been trying to learn some hardcore songs by august burns red. Specifically, Thirty and Seven and Composure. I've also worked my way around Parkway Drive's unrest, sleepwalker and deadweight. In terms of metal drumming, I've been trying to work my head around meshuggah. haven't even tried playing along on my set yet.

User16533
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:27 am 

Got some pretty rhythmic, syncopated, noisy, jazzy, melodic doom-type metal in the works.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:45 am 

A complete list of stuff being written, recorded or about to be released:

(with reservation of forgetting something...)

Rocka Rollas - The War Of Steel Has Begun
My one-man (however I have a volunteer for the vocals) speed metal project. Going to be a full length in the Judas Priest and Riot vein.

Rocka Rollas - Metal Strikes Back
The next album, it is ready to be recorded and it's pretty much the same as the former but more Running Wild inspired at times, but the songs have been improved and are less simple and there's even two 8 minute epics on it...

Rocka Rollas - Loud Enough To Kill
Now the Running Wild influences has become all-out Running Wild worship. It's not ready to be recorded, there's a few songs left to be written.

Rocka Rollas - Spikes And Metal
Now it's more back to the Judas Priest stuff, but it still sounds like the later ones a whole lot. I have made a few songs for this one, but there's no hurry until the others are released.

Rocka Rollas - Metalive
I have not decided yet if it will be a real live album, but then I have to hire some good musicians who can play every song worthy of being released as a live album. Otherwise, I will just fake it myself, but that feels kinda bad to release something like KISS would do. But then again, Slayer did it. Otherwise a live DVD would be really cool if there was others contributing to the live show.

Rocka Rollas - Return To Port Royal
This was written for another project which was a complete Running Wild ripoff with pirate lyrics and everything, but since the albums took that direction... I couldn't resist taking it under the Rocka Rollas name anyway. Now there's nothing else than as said, complete Running Wild-ripoff all the way through, hence the name Return To Port Royal which was what I think it was an internet rumor about a last Running Wild album called Under Jolly Roger 2: Return To Port Royal. It is ready to be recorded but I must wait until the other albums has been finished.

Rocka Rollas - Lord Of Destruction
This one takes a whole another direction. I'm a fan of the PC game Diablo 2 and just thought to myself... "What if I make a whole album about the Diablo 2 story, and make it like a full length version of Manowar's Achilles, Agony And Ecstacy In Eigth Parts??!?". Yeah, that song is something most people hate, and it does have a few bad moments (looking at you, cymbal solo) but I REALLY like that one, and the actual song structure with a few short songs within the same one. So that's how I'm going to forge this one, and I haven't started at all with it but I think I can manage to make up something decent actually. I just have to put way more time into this one than the rest I have made, and going to.

Mortyr - Screams Of Death
This my one-man thrash metal project, much inspired my Slayers Hell Awaits as well as Show No Mercy.

Nuclear Splatter - 7"
I play drums, bass and guitars in this band and my friend is doing the vocals, and he says he will release it as a 7" EP. It's basically simple thrash metal, fast as Dark Angel but not as "evil". One lyric is about Luke Skywalker and Leia having sex...

Anger Burning - When 12"
I'm the drummer in this Discharge inspired band and... Yeah, it sounds just like every other Disclone around even if we took our name from a very bad Discharge era.

Anger Burning/Widespread Bloodshed/Giftgas/GIMU - Split LP
This has been recorded and now it's only up to GIMU to finish the tracks, which is another band I play drums in. I don't know what to call it but it's like grindcore or power violence or something. Quite odd stuff, but great and the songs are about 10 seconds each but we still have the time to have like 4-5 tempo changes.

Raw Hate/Livet Som Insats - Split 10"
This is another hardcore punkband, but this is the last recorded I did myself before it turned to a full band. The other band on the split is a grindcore band.

Raw Hate - Fuck Off And Die 12"
Same band, now with full line up. I don't think it counts as a full length since it's a bit shorter but it's going to be a 12" vinyl at least.

Raw Hate - Untitled 7"
We have started making this four track 7" but it's far from being recorded since our guitarist has moved away for a while.

DH Pamoash - Kissa Är Silver Bajsa Är Guld
Poop punk joke project, all by myself. Going to be a full length.

Minister Död - LP
This is one of my older hardcore punkbands, more primitive in the Swedish kind of Moderat Likvidation and stuff like that. I have planned this LP for a while, I just need to get the shit together and actually do it. The drummer lives pretty far away (he's the drummer in Livet Som Insats otherwise) and the band has been inactive for about two years, but this final recording is something I really want to do before I actually call the band dead... Even if I wont do that either because I can of course do some live gigs if there is an opportunity for it.

Medley - Running Wild
This is by far probably my most stupid idea ever, it's basically a Running Wild medley clocking in at one hour and fifty minutes in total. I started it a while ago, and I really want to finish it, but just thinking about playing nearly every fucking Running Wild song on drums (even if only parts of them) feels like something that could make me cry if I don't finish it in time and have to go away and then start the shit all over again.

Medley - 80s/90s synth/eurotechno/pop
This one is soon finished. I don't really like the music itself but the melodies are often very Running Wildish if played with electric guitar and double bass drums.

Medley - Metal
I do those on occasion, and it's just what it says... Random metal riffs and melodies. This is being recorded at the same time as the 80/90 medley, so they can be heard soon both of them.

Lector - Full length
This is my band with two others from another city and it's basically metal, but we don't lock ourself to a genre, and the songs can take any direction at any time, and there's even some reggae parts, and just plain weird stuff.

Pop/new wave/synth/whatever - Something
I have decided to actually record something that I don't usually listen to myself, but it's fun to play. So I will make a full length with some of these kind of music, and we will see what direction it takes.

I have also contributed with drum tracks for a local black metal band which I don't even know the name of since the guy who wanted me to do it plays in like 10000 black metal bands/projects
Also a Riptide demo which is the Rocka Rollas singers main band which is old school speed metal as well
Also I'm going to record drums for another Running Wild inspired band from Argentina called Skulls & Bones.

I will also be recording engineer for local death metal act Corrosive Carcass on their full length, as well as some black metal band in two weeks.

So yeah... There's quite fucking much going on right now.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:

:o

With a work ethic like that, how are you still alive? You are indeed a braver man than me...

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 pm 

it's nice to see someone as actively writing and recording as my scheduel does.

just wrote and recorded a 25 min ep. it's a single piece, broken in 5 themes based around a medievil torture/execution method.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Rocka_Rollas wrote:

:o

With a work ethic like that, how are you still alive? You are indeed a braver man than me...

It just keeps coming... Can't help it. :)

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 am 

Just thought up a bunch of cool (in my probably worthless opinion) lyrical concepts for concept albums. So that's 3 more albums I have planned...

I haven't done any riff-writing for quite a while now, though I did hum up (and record too, of course) a pretty funky Iron Thrones-esque tune yesterday. I've yet to throw it into GP. School life kills. :/ Can't wait for Good Friday; I plan to finish up a couple of songs by then.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:12 am 

trying to finish up two more songs for this crusty doom thing for an ep as soon as the rest of the band learns the songs and we can play them tightly.

possibly knocking out a 2 song demo for this other stoner doom band in the next 2 weeks so while the drummer is out with a couple of bands photographing their tour he can shop it about.

other than that currently writing for this discordant death metal stuff i've been meaning to get around to since last year.

Screamingvagina
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:46 pm 

Trying to get rid of writers block.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:52 pm 

i'd recommend listening to music you hate cause sometimes it'll inspire you to make something utterly disgusting as in a way to wipe it out from your mind.

I'm just mixing tonight. decided to spend the day at home relaxing after the bit of work I had this morning.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am 

Just decided I want to start a sort of Opeth-worship band, after crafting a climactic outro with tons of layering and chords. Haven't been composing in a long while, so it feels great to have done so.

Bonged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:55 am 

I just joined my friends band, and I started 2 more bands. One is a first wave black metal/speed metal band and the other is a Black Flag Damaged Era/B'last worship band. I play guitar in those two and bass in the others.

For my Black Flag band I wrote a song and we recorded drums and guitars and the other members think it sounds like Black Flag/B'last. We are going to write a few more songs and show the owner of our local record label Reel Time and see if we can get something rolling.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:32 pm 

Currently learing Dream Theather's ''Pull me Under''. Man, that riff that's all over the fretboard is a bitch to play. :lol:

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 am 

Got the main guitar part(s) recorded for the first song in my solo Black Metal project done, very happy with the results so far, the combination of heavy reverb, setting the mic up a few feet from the amp, and of course distorting the shit out of the tone and cranking the treble gave it exactly the atmosphere I was hoping for :D . Tomorrow I'm gonna get the bass and drum machine tracks down, maybe the keyboards as well, then some more guitars and the vocals done as soon as possible (ie when I have the house to myself for a few hours). Now, once this is done I just have to record this one other song (which I'm still arranging though) and I'll have a demo ready...

Impetigo666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 pm 

I have finally gotten around to starting to record the doom songs I have been writing. Have been having trouble finding like minded musicians in my area so I am doing the recordings alone. Here's my bandcamp page with the first song I did.

http://gohrdoom.bandcamp.com

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 185  Next