Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:58 pm 

An interesting but important question. What goals do you have with your music? Honestly, when I finally start to produce music with other people in a band, I would love ultimatly to mainstage Wacken Open Air, I know I need to get signed and have enough sails to be worth it, but it's what I want to do, don't care what day or time of the event, I just want to perform there.

mattp
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:03 pm 

I used to want to make it my career, and be famous, and be super fucking rich off of it.

Yeah right.

Now, I make the music I want to hear. If others like it, cool. If not, I don't give a fuck.

PugFuglies
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 pm 

I think it would be nice to eventually learn electric guitar and record some music. I'm a visual/video artist before musician, so right now all of my music is composed electronically through FL Studio software. I compose for guitar too, because I have a lot of guitar ideas but do not have the skill to actually play them.

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm 

Make something I really enjoy personally. Make the kind of music I would want to hear.

Grimmig
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:23 pm 

I really just want to have one thing recorded that I'm honestly proud of and enjoy listening to. That way when I'm older I can pull it off the shelf and show it to my kids or something. Whether it's a well produced full length album and sounds all nice or if it's just some home recorded demo I don't really care, just as long as I'm proud of it and it doesn't sound like shit to me. Then again, that requires a lot more effort than I'm putting into it so I guess I should get my ass on that ASAP. There's not really much more to it. I guess I kind of want to play some live shows to get over some fears I've got, but that's about it. I've heard playing live in front of an audience is truly an experience so I suppose that's something I'd like to do.

unclevladistav
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 pm 

My main goal is to continue writing and releasing music. I do this becuase this is a style of music that I love, and would like to listen to more of it. It'd be nice to play live at some point as well, but playing Wacken honestly isn't a goal I could see happen or want to see happen. I'd be just as content playing small time gigs around here/in NY with other local bands.

mattp
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 pm 

Grimmig wrote:
I really just want to have one thing recorded that I'm honestly proud of and enjoy listening to. That way when I'm older I can pull it off the shelf and show it to my kids or something. Whether it's a well produced full length album and sounds all nice or if it's just some home recorded demo I don't really care, just as long as I'm proud of it and it doesn't sound like shit to me. Then again, that requires a lot more effort than I'm putting into it so I guess I should get my ass on that ASAP. There's not really much more to it. I guess I kind of want to play some live shows to get over some fears I've got, but that's about it. I've heard playing live in front of an audience is truly an experience so I suppose that's something I'd like to do.

Have you ever fucked an incredibly hot girl with a pussy like a bear trap and no gag reflex?

Playing a good live show is better.

RuneFire_Records
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 pm 

Within the last few months our first pro-pressed release came out. So far we've gotten one review, and it was a very good review.

Then last weekend we played our "CD Release" show and there were about 100 people there (that's alot for a local show in Alaska), and they were all going crazy and chanting for "1 MORE SONG!", not to mention that 2/3 of the crowd left after our set. Which means that most of those people were actually there to see us.

That is what it is all about to me. It's a lot of hard work, but just those two things made it all worth it.

For the future? Our goal is to continue to release music and keep moving in a forward direction. Even if it means that we cross out of the Black Metal genre, I don't care. I want my music to grow with me.

Our next one is going to be a vinyl release. I feel like it makes you a 100% legitimate, established musician when you get on a vinyl. I don't know why, it just feels like that is a good goal.

Grimmig
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 pm 

mattp wrote:
Have you ever fucked an incredibly hot girl with a pussy like a bear trap and no gag reflex?

Well, damn. You've sold me. Also, sigging that to remind myself that I need to actually, you know, get off my ass and make some music so I can do that one day. Thanks for convincing me.

theRenegade498
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:57 pm 

lol, making money. THERES a laugh.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:03 am 

mattp wrote:

I believe you. I've never been in a band that was around long enough to have gained any sort of following so I can't even say that I've had that kind of "good live show" experience, but even just playing shows where everything sounds good and everyone plays passionately and without screwing up is an incredible high. Fuck, I mean, I got highs just from band rehearsals that went well, or when we came up with a genuinely good musical idea.

I would say 80% or more of my recent neglect of my music writing and playing is due to not being in a band anymore.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.