Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nebel_Wraith
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm 

www.myspace.com/nebelwraith

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:47 pm 

Uh, to be honest it's not entirely listenable...

It doesn't seem on time 100% of the time, guitar doesn't really fit with the piano and the vocals sound like someone screaming through a distortion pedal in the next room.

The production is really half arsed too, I know it's kind of expected for this kind of music but it sounds like there's absolutely no effort to mix it.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm 

my favorite part is the drums. i like how you there is none on the first song, then on the rest you cant even hear the cymbals, haha.
this is pretty bad. pretty cool logo though.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:19 pm 

It's not that bad, it's significantly less gay than a lot of dsbm, and of higher "quality" than a good deal of bedroom bm. I'd say it's a very good personal outlet project thing, assuming you're not trying to get a label and be popular ... etc.

And yes, very nice logo.

Whoa, I just had a deja-vu.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:50 pm 

I like it. Very lo-fi, you may wanna compress the vocals a bit more, to avoid clipping; but- can you pack the whole album up into one .rar; I'd love to hear it in full :)

aveksx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 pm 

Everything about this is poop. Not one redeeming quality.

I would call it blasphemy, but that's a compliment.

Blasphemy blasphemy!

Nebel_Wraith
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:45 pm 

Acidgobblin wrote:
I like it. Very lo-fi, you may wanna compress the vocals a bit more, to avoid clipping; but- can you pack the whole album up into one .rar; I'd love to hear it in full :)
Thank you very much i will keep that in mind for my next album,

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm 

aveksx wrote:
Everything about this is poop. Not one redeeming quality.

I would call it blasphemy, but that's a compliment.

Blasphemy blasphemy!

Say something constructive. What you wrote there is something a pre-schooler would. Come on, the guy wants hs band reviewed so to speak. Calling it poop is not really quite there.

The recording is VERY sloppy, but its somewhat endearing because of that. I would suggest that you also put lots of reverb on the vocals, maybe even the whole track (use a spring reverb to give it a watery sound....), you might make it sound better if its more dark ambient so to speak. I just like the eerie feeling of it.

Also- bass??

Aamu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:01 pm 

This is actually quite weird and unusual. Some stuff on those songs is way messed up in a very bad way, but i still think there is quite damn much potential.

Your sense of melody is quite nice and i like the compositions, mostly... as there are some pretty misfired ones in my opinion too. I just hate Desolate and Despair, sounds horrible exept the very ending and it also has like 10x worse vocals than on the rest of songs.

The guitar on Towards Nothing is good exept when you make very clear mistakes. I also kind of like the piano, but as said it wont really fit with the guitar most of time.

That kind of thin and screeching guitar tone is nice for leads but i really think you need more mass on the background guitars to get a bit thicker athmosphere.

Hmm, there is just too many things to correct for me to write now, need to sleep. Still, i think you have way more potential than many bands that have the basics handled better as with some mechanical corrections i could really see parts of your music working wonderfully.

Ahnenerbe_Werewolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:19 am 

I liked it. Like some others said, it could be mixed better and don't be afraid to use more reverb. Your strong points are the weird melodies picked out on guitar and keyboard.

I definitely think you have potential. Don't worry about people saying that it sucks. You're going to have to get used to that, all musicians have to (or else they quit).

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:37 am 

The thing that is really neccesary abou this project is getting the timing better, and adding reverb/delay (plus turning down the vocals- maybe distorting them more too, and cutting high freqencies)....The drums sound perfect for this sort of music, very distant (may wanna do that trick to the vocals) and rather epic :)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.