Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Melzas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:33 pm 

Happy 2024 everyone, just hoping to get some recommendations or tips about home recording nowadays. Around 2018 I had the urge to record some black metal and acquired what was then a decent setup for home recording on my laptop. It wasn't long until I realized that my time would be better spent improving my musicianship than figuring out recording software so I'm sure there's better options currently. Then I was using an older laptop with Reaper software, a Focusrite 2i4 Scarlett interface and my electric guitar. I'm sure I could put a demo together with what I have currently but I honestly hate figuring out computer stuff so if anyone has any user friendly recommendations for recording then I'd definitely appreciate hearing about it. When I got ready to record back in 2018 I based my recording setup on user friendliness and ease of use so I'm basically just wondering if now in 2024 I can really dumb down the recording process to make that aspect as easy as possible. I love playing music but the technical aspect of doing all the recording and producing myself just kills my motivation so I'm really hoping to streamline that part as much as possible. Thanks in advance

Reply to topic