Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aoshikakashi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:09 pm 

Hails to the legions,

My band, Cemetery Filth, is working on our debut album and as we get closer and closer to having the music finished, the impending need for art grows.
We're trying to find the right artist to create an original painting for us that compliments our musical style of riff-driven, crushing death metal, and the lyrical themes of macabre and spiritually condemned horror.
If you're interested, you can check out our last release's tracks here.

We're of course huge fans of the old school styled acrylic and oil paintings by masters like Dan Seagrave, Michael Whelan, Brad Moore, Raul Gonzalez, etc. and would like to find either a new, or lesser known artist with a style influenced or comparable to that style to work with. We like chaos, but highly detailed and profound chaos, if you catch my meaning!
If any of you guys have some suggestions, please list some artists.

Thanks in advance you sickos!

RichardDeBenthall
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:37 am 

My advice would be to get on Instagram and find some art in the style that you're after, preferably on the page of the actual artist and not just someone reposting it. Then DM them and let them know that you'd like to collaborate/order a painting!

There's a lot of good artists online!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:23 pm 

I really liked the art Moonroot did for Illusions Dead's debut.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... nce/553756

Milovan Novakovic did a good job on Halberd's artwork, as well as others.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... res/432067
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... and/557546

projectfear22
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm 

Aoshikakashi wrote:
Hails to the legions,

My band, Cemetery Filth, is working on our debut album and as we get closer and closer to having the music finished, the impending need for art grows.
We're trying to find the right artist to create an original painting for us that compliments our musical style of riff-driven, crushing death metal, and the lyrical themes of macabre and spiritually condemned horror.
If you're interested, you can check out our last release's tracks here.

We're of course huge fans of the old school styled acrylic and oil paintings by masters like Dan Seagrave, Michael Whelan, Brad Moore, Raul Gonzalez, etc. and would like to find either a new, or lesser known artist with a style influenced or comparable to that style to work with. We like chaos, but highly detailed and profound chaos, if you catch my meaning!
If any of you guys have some suggestions, please list some artists.

Thanks in advance you sickos!

At the very start of listening to Devoured by Dread, I imagined a underfed corpse-like human screaming into the sky from the inside of a ruin-like cage (just imagine turning a cave into a prison, mad max style) while in the distance through dusty holes (p.s. scene is on a high location) we can see the Tower of Babel or something similar to it overwhelmed by ghastly and vengeful presence. All in a strange color palette. But hey that's just a vision. I ain't an artist, I try to be, but am far from skill.

All talk here though, just wanted to comment something.

Good luck finding someone :)

RichardDeBenthall
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:59 am 

I'd also recommend Agostino Arrivabene. His paintings have always really unnerved me.

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 am 

Art Hamer. This guy has been doing highly detailed death metal covers for decades. https://www.facebook.com/death.hammer.graphix

Aoshikakashi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am 

Thanks, to all of you legions! I appreciate all of the input (even the vision from ProjectFear22 haha)
We're working with some of these, and I hope you all check out the album when it's released in the next 6 months!

Reply to topic