Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Airon13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:12 am 

Hey there!
I'm in a band I founded some time ago, I love the music we play, and I think we soung great. Our idea was to start playing concerts this summer and to record our first EP. But the problem is that in this last 1-2 months there have been disagreements between us that we kinda solved (because whenever there's a discussion they come back again), we almost break up once and lately I'm not quite confortable in the band because of some decisions that are not being approved by all of us because our opinions are not being listened to.

I love the music we make and I love being in a band, I strive on every rehearsal so that we sound the best possible and play almost every day to improve, and I'm afraid of leaving the band and not being able to find a new one, plus summer is not the best time of the year to find bands, but I have to admit that this situation is killing my motivation and my interest in doing new music.

What would you recommend me to do?
(PS: Sorry for my terrible english)

Thanks beforehand, Airon

Woutjinho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:45 pm 

Motivation is the driving force of good music. Sounds like you need to get out of there. Staying just to kill time is not okay unless you tell them directly where you stand

Atomization - Spotify

Ebheron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 am 

Well in cases like this what I always say is:

FIND A BETTER BAND!!!

And write solo in the meantime, really, if you are motivated don't let dead-weights drag you down

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 pm 

If your area is anything close to mine, a drummer will have 0 issue finding a new band.

Airon13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:13 pm 

Hi all! Thanks for your opinions/advices, I have been very busy with my exams so that is why i haven't answered before. I finally decided to stay to play the gigs we had scheduled and It's 90% sure I'll leave. I tried to talk to them but the situation is more or less the same as when I wrote the first message.
Again, thanks to all who answered this post. It's a tough decision since this is the band I founded and I have worked a lot to make it work.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 pm 

It's a good idea to follow through with the gigs so as to not let your bandmates down, and at the same time, you'll get that valuable live performing experience. If you want to be a pro, or anything near that level, it takes more than a thousand live shows of practice.

Reply to topic