Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Artl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06 am 

Hi guys,

I know those threads emerge sometimes, but I still do not have enough information, so I kindly ask for you help.

I am not a professional musician, and do not have virtually any live gig or even rehearsal experience, so I have been almost always playing at home either via a guitar processor or via software plugins. Now, I would like to test some guitar equipment 1) for trying to record some songs on the most suitable combination of equipment I find; 2) for purchasing in the future.

What I need is to get your advice on possible combinations of 1) amp (head+cabinet) and 2) pedal (distortion or/and booster) for achieving a sound we may find on the Peaceville Three early albums. Another type of sound I would like to get is probably sime kind of funeral doom as in Worship or other similar artists.

I know that everyone finds something to his/her taste, and there might be many combinations, but at this point, I would like to get all recommendations possible for thereafter testing them myself. As for the limitations, please do not tie your advices to prices. I want to get your optimal solutions for high-quality equipment, in order to get the best (in your own opinion) sound suitable for my purposes.

So, to sum it up, what is the best combination of guitar equipment for ahieving the old Peaceville Three sound?

Cynical
Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:06 pm 

MDB supposedly used a Peavy 5150 with a Boss HM-2 in front of it. Don't know about the others.

TuckerofThorrAxe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm 

Get something loud. Peavey made a ton of amps that are less than $200 USD now because everyone thinks they suck because they're doing it wrong. Supreme 160s come to mind.
Also, Boss HM-2. If you can't find one for $100 or less, get an Abominable Throne Torcher, which is a clone of the HM-2 with a three band EQ made in North Carolina. DO recommend.

Reply to topic