Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:10 am 

yea that was the one I was talking about. I wasn't too sure if was me or not but I'm glad you see what I was talking about. I was like Oh shit.

today I'm going to be painting more cause next weekend I have a show and hope to offload a decent amount of paintings if only to offset all the gear I've bought.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:13 am 

The midi for that piano file was above 100, so it was like someone stabbing their fingers onto the piano keys. I lowered all the high piano stuff on that part down to 90 and it's a lot better now. Softens the overall tone also. Now to re-upload it.

So you sell your paintings at concerts? That's pretty awesome

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:28 am 

Nice. and no it's not a concert it's an outdoor art and craft show that is held yearly. It's one of the two I do a year. This is the small one and the one in Nov. is where I make mad bank. last year the 2nd day got rained out but the first day I sold 2100 worth of paintings.

I like the artwork you picked and the title. Very nice.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:34 am 

Damn, that's awesome, and a great idea. I need to start painting or something.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:47 am 

it's all in finding an audience. I've built mine up over the last 5 years. but really if that first time I did a show I didn't sell out I probably wouldn't have continued to paint. I didn't have much and made 400 bucks. I was hooked from then on. The most I made was 4g from one weekend.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 am 

God damn, that is awesome. I can buy lots of old guitar shit for $4k!

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:52 am 

Okay I've ordered stuff from Kunaki before, and I'd like to do this Licrest album on my account. When I log in it takes me to that main page, where from there do I go to make a new album? I can't find any links that say something like "make a new cd"

edit: nevermind, found it. Just gotta use the software, duh.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:54 am 

You need to download the Kunaki_CD-DVD_Publishing_Service.exe" that runs off your computer before.. basically compiling your project and once it's all said and done then it uploads it to Kunaki. you don't even have to be logged in on their site to do so.

the new customer part explains that even though you are not new:

http://www.kunaki.com/new.asp

Quickest method: You download our software and use it to design and upload your product. Click here to continue with this option.
You upload your digital artwork and mail us a copy of your original cd or dvd. This is the best option for publishers who do not use a PC, do not wish to download our software, or do not have access to a high speed network. Click here to continue with this option.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:55 am 

hahaha you retard.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:07 pm 

Yeah I totally forgot about the software for a sec there. Designing the rest of the CD stuff now and ordering a few copies today.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 pm 

cool deal. and I found out it's kinda handy to not order all at once cause sometimes it's easier to just have kunaki ship a cd overseas be it cause I'm out of town or just don't want to go through the aggrivation.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:12 pm 

So do you just have them ship the CDs, or when someone orders one do you ship it?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:27 pm 

90% of the time I ship it. but in the last 2 months I've had them ship it cause I got some orders in while I was out of town so it was just easier for me to have them ship it than me email the person who ordered and tell them they will have it shipped when I get home. I might as well just have them ship it and keep that person happy than in the past just make people wait.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:44 pm 

I think with this one I'll try shipping a few physical copies from Bandcamp and see how my lazy ass fares.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:52 pm 

Usually it's when it's going out of the country that takes more time for me. If I have everything on hand. I can package it that night and one of the post offices I go to has an autopost one where you can just ship anything that's relatively small anywhere in the country at any time. so I can stop at 5AM when I'm going to the gym and send it off, but if it's going out of the country now I have to go stand in line and fill out a customs.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:54 pm 

There's a local UPS store and they have those padded envelopes the perfect size for a CD. I have a handfull of them. I think it just costs a buck or two to ship stuff, and it's pretty close to work, so I'll probably go with that.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:56 pm 

it's on average about 2-2.50 I have a bunch of padded envelopes that I reuse from shit I got in.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:57 pm 

Shouldn't be too hard then. When someone orders a physical CD on bandcamp I'm assuming it gets their address and everything?

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 pm 

So I found this online in my bass amp quest. The reviews for it seem a bit mixed, apparently some people have had issues with the speakers blowing fairly easily, but who knows if this is just an issue with them cranking a 450 Watt combo amp and wondering why the speakers blew out. Any of you guys have experience with Behringer amps in the past?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:26 pm 

Yea you get all that information sent to you so you don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to.

Behringer makes meh gear. I used a head for awhile for bass and soon as I could afford something that worth a fuck I got rid of it.
Also got a 412 cab and ratted it out, it wasn't loud or powerful. I sold it real quick to an idiot kid and made all my money back.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 pm 

Yeah 450 watts would destroy 2 10 inch speakers. I've never used Behringer before personally, so I can't say anything. Here's a few reviews:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Bass-A ... p/34967442

Looks like you're right, the speakers blow. But as I said, 450 watts through 2 10 inch speakers is asking for it. I think the one guy in there has the right idea, get the head instead. That combo weighs 90 pounds and it's speakers are the weak spot anyways, so you might as well get a head and pair it with a good speaker cab.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:35 pm 

Yeah, I've already read quite a few mixed reviews and I'm thinking it's probably not worth it, I can put that $400 towards something better! Thanks for the input guys, it's much appreciated.

Let the quest continue!

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:42 pm 

Get an old used ampeg svt head. I bought an SVT-140TC head for $250 and it had plenty of volume and a very very good tone, and sounded crystal clear. Plus a very high build quality.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:27 pm 

Where did you find it? I still have to check the local music and pawn shops (riskier for pawn shops, I know) for amp stuff, but so far online all I've tried for my local area is kajiji and some local classifieds. I want to find something local, honestly, but I don't know how fruitful that will be.

Enjoying the album by the way, infinite. Glad you found good cover art to pair with the music.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:33 pm 

Guitar Center online. It was at a guitar center about 100 miles away and they shipped it to the store by where I live. Also don't forget eBay. I've gotten a ton of good deals on there.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm 

Does Guitar Center only ship to other Guitar Centers or do they ship to smaller, locally-owned stores as well? There's an awesome independently owned music shop (Electron, if anyone reading this happens to go to Prince George, B.C., they're good people) that I could have them ship to.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:42 pm 

as far as I know only to other guitar centers anywhere else then you'll be paying shipping and you might as well just have it shipped to your house at that point.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 pm 

Yeah, they ship to other GC stores and they'll ship to your house.

Going around and submitting my new doom album to various websites, trying to get some listens and hopefully a review or two. Maybe even a facebook fan.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:48 pm 

You've got yourself a fan :wink:
And thanks for the help with the bass stuff guys, it's really appreciated.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:53 pm 

you're welcome. glad we could offer some assistance and wish you all the luck in getting a good rig for yourself.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 pm 

Decided to make my doom album free. No one pays to download music anymore. I'll just charge for the physical copies when I get them (just ordered them)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:14 pm 

amazingly I have a few people who pay for my digital ones. I know they can get them elsewhere for free, I have to charge because of making it a pre-order for the physical album.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:31 pm 

I've had a few people buy my OSR stuff, but it's pretty few and far between. The one album I made free, I got 10X the downloads, and a few people even paid a buck for it. It's just a sign of the times I guess, the download age.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:36 pm 

The ass age. I don't live in that age. So when a band choses to only release something digitally.. I just don't even bother listening. I don't frankly care, it seems the laziest fucking thing ever to do.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:39 pm 

If there were no pirating of music I wonder how much money I would have made by now? I'm sure not a ton more, but it would be something.

Interesting little side note, I bought a Sunn O))) album from their bandcamp page and they personally emailed me a thanks. It's not much, but it was a very nice touch.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 pm 

I still buy digital music and don't pirate. I prefer to buy digital and haven't bought a physical cd in years (nothing against physical though). Nobody's ever bought my music on bandcamp and barely anyone downloads it for free. I'd make some physical copies again if there was a demand for it, but it's kinda pointless to go through all that and get excited about it just to have a stack of unsold cds at my house like I do now. So these days it's just fun to do a music project now and then and put it on the internet for free if anyone else is interested.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm 

Most of my music is on my computer. The only time I use CDs is in my car. The local metal shop here seems to have a halfway decent following, so I'm hoping I can sell a few albums there. Maybe I can give them a free copy to play in the store or something. Who knows.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:01 pm 

it's worth a shot, I release my music for myself so that's why I don't care if I have some unsold copies of shit. I want the physical copies for myself and if anyone else enjoys it then that's just an added benefit. I'm more than happy to put my time and effort into something and then have that finalized product. that's more than enough for me. I'm just thrilled quite a few other people get excited about it as well. Even if I'm on the computer I rather put a cd in and listen to it than listen to some mp3 or rip. That does nothing for me. Hell only this year I bought an mp3 player to take to the gym. I haven't even used it yet.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:18 pm 

The format doesn't matter to me, I'll listen to something regardless of format. I don't use an mp3 player/ipod either, just the computer (whether cd or digital).

Yeah, let me know how it feels if you ever have no fans. :)

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:31 pm 

I actually would like to release some music via cassette, but I think the target audience is too small for that one. Who knows, maybe some old school death/thrash on a cassette tape. Someone's got to want that.

And hey, I have one like on facebook, so I have a fan!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 185  Next