Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
invocator2k
Forum enforcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm 

Because a lot of people still don't follow the rules or simply don't bother reading them, we'll have to be a little less tolerant.

This section is for trading only. If you are only selling, then use the "Selling and Buying Board" instead.

We used to move posts to the right section hoping users would eventually understand, but it doesn't seem to be the case. From now on, topics regarding items for sale (ie. distro list, personal list, eBay links, etc.) will be deleted without notice - we will no longer be moving them. Users who will keep posting in the wrong section will eventually receive warnings.

Of course, if you're doing both (ie. trading & selling), then yes, you're allowed to post here as well, as long as it is clear that you also accept trades and that your activity here clearly shows that you trade once in a while. This means that someone with a list of common distro stuff who will only accept trades for rare discs (Sororicide and most old-school death metal releases for example) will be considered either a seller or an idiot and will have his posts removed from here as well.

Furthermore, users are only allowed one active topic. Some of you have already been asked by PM to merge their own topics, but we'll eventually issue official warnings to offenders. There is no reason to have a topic for your trade list, and one for your want list. Both can easily be in the same post. You have a special item for sale? Simply change the subject line and first post of your own active topic to attract viewers to it. There again, users using multiple topics may see some of their posts either deleted or merged without notice.

ONLY ONE TOPIC PER USER!

Is this strict? Perhaps. Is it different from other boards? Not really. Some will forbid eBay links (we allow them in Selling & Buying), most limit users to one active topic anyway, so we don't think those rules are too harsh. It just makes it easier for users to find what they're looking for without having to go through an avalanche of irrelevant posts.

No NSBM, RAC, Hatecore, etc. music that uses the platform to push a bigoted, racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc. agenda. Anything of that description may be removed by a moderator without notice.

Last edited by hakarl on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Added note about NSBM/RAC/etc.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:43 am 

Can we make the ONLY ONE TOPIC PER USER! text in the title red + bold?
If any of you have multiple threads and want them merged or need any 'house keeping' done feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do :crash:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 am 

The description of the Trading Board has been changed to
Quote:
Forum for swapping/exchanging music-related wares with other metalheads.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 pm 

This bump-delete-bump stuff has to stop.

If you make a post then delete your comment or start a new thread but delete it before any comments are posted I might just ban you.
The whole idea is to build up a history so people can see your trading practices, adding and updating items, responding to comments/questions, posting photos, placing feedback etc is all good stuff, unless you delete it

So to sum up: bump-delete-bump = possible ban, I might lock you up till you explain to me why I shouldn't.
If that doesn't work you'll get handed to admin...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.