Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SacrifyX87
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:32 pm 

I’m seriously looking for old MuchMusic Power Hour tapes recorded back in the day.
I have literally hundreds of full episodes, plus countless Headbangers Ball episodes and other various metal shows.
I’d be willing to trade or buy your tapes.
I’ve been collecting for years, so I have somewhere around 10,000 DVD’s, most of which I’ve transferred myself on my own high end equipment.
I’m really looking for full episodes with commercials and videos intact (that’s the majority of what I have in my collection).

Tapes rot, regardless of how well you take care of them.
Unfortunately I’ve already encountered several tapes from 1990 that were taken the best possible care of, and they have still started to rot.
I’m working on a project to restore the old videos and interviews that aired on the Power Hour back in the day, and this would seriously help me out if someone were able to contribute in any way.
Even selling me their old tapes.
At this point I don’t have much use for DVD-Rs because I’m doing everything in a very specific way, and I really can’t use 2nd gen tapes either (I’ve already tried a couple and they turned out terrible to say the least).

If you’re hesitant about getting rid of your old tapes, not only will I purchase them from you, but I’ll even make you high quality copies of everything you send me (this is something I’m doing for a few different friends, and so far they’re very happy with my transfers).

I’m using the best equipment to playback and transfer tapes. In fact, there’s really no difference in quality between EP, LP, and SP Mode tapes on my equipment.
I have some EP Mode tapes that look way better than the same exact SP Mode recordings that I have.
I can also adjust the volume and sound on tapes that are mono sound.
I’ve been able to improve the sound quality to near Hi-Fi sound.

I have quite a few Blue Spotlight specials too.
I’m mainly just looking for early Power Hour and Toronto Rocks from 1984 to 1991.
But I’d also love to trade for some MusiquePlus Solidrok episodes as well.
You can check out what I’m working on doing by searching on Facebook for ‘Pepsi Power Hour Fan Page’.
I’m working on restoring as much as I possibly can, because from what I can gather, Much (City-TV) will most likely never do anything with their archives. I’ve been in contact with them over the years, and they really don’t know how to go about it.
If you’re interested in selling or trading your old tapes that you’ve had at your parent’s house for decades, please contact me at: [email protected]

Reply to topic