Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:12 am 

I'm sketchy of the idea of rewriting and resubmitting a review. Would resubmitting a review mean to delete the review, rewrite it and wait for it to be accepted or is it just changing the parts needing changing and just click the little 'Submit' button? Or is it entirely different?

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 am 

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
I'm sketchy of the idea of rewriting and resubmitting a review. Would resubmitting a review mean to delete the review, rewrite it and wait for it to be accepted or is it just changing the parts needing changing and just click the little 'Submit' button? Or is it entirely different?

No need to delete it. I've resubmitted a couple of reviews before; both times I did exactly that, made the changes I wanted (one time it was as minimal as changing Freddy Lin to Freddy Lim at his request) and pressed submit again. I get the idea that the submit button fires it back into the queue whatever you've done with it. Then it's just a case of waiting for it to be accepted again.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:03 am 

sushiman is correct. That's exactly how it works.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 am 

I haven't done this yet, but if you do resubmit a review, do you lose points and gain them as if it never existed previously?

Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 am 

The_Boss wrote:
I haven't done this yet, but if you do resubmit a review, do you lose points and gain them as if it never existed previously?

I've seen that question asked a few times. If I recall, you are not supposed to gain/lose points but if the acceptor is not paying attention you will get the standard points for an accepted review.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:58 am 

You won't lose points (mechanically) when you actually resubmit the edit. Edits are not supposed to receive any new points (the menu we use has an entry something like "0 points - edit of old review"), but occasionally they do, on account of mod error. If this should happen to you, don't worry about it. It won't be seen as underhanded on your part.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:
If this should happen to you, don't worry about it. It won't be seen as underhanded on your part.

Yeah, sometimes people get all self-righteous about not wanting to accept these "unearned" points, but frankly we'd prefer you just keep them and not bother an admin with it. Admins have better things to do.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:53 am 

I just completely re-wrote my review for Soul of a New Machine and there were no dramas whatsoever.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.