Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:33 am 

I know that if a review for an album were to be re-written a mod will have to be contacted to see if they approved of it. But what if the review were to remain intact but for the score to be changed. Will a mod need to be brought into this or can this be done freely?

Right now I have some reviews that are in desperate need of having their scores reevaluated due to my previous [s]open-mindedness[/s] stupidity.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:39 am 

you can change your score and it doesn't need to get reaccepted, it just does it automatically.. One day I'm going to redo that with everything to try to bring down the amount of 90's I've got.

But if you're going to drop a score down by 50% you might need to redo the review too :P

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Jarnroth
hurr hurr i post whiel drunk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 am 

So even if the message appear, the score will change without it being looked upon again?

I've also thought of some sort of message-box to appear where you can write what you've changed, if you did change anything in the text. Like making a sentence run more fluently, or adding some flab to a certain part you extended, or perhaps a whole new paragraph. I've also a tendency to write something in the end of the review where I tell people to check out any new stuff that is on the way (if there are any), or something else which is only relevant for a short period of time... Yeah, I don't know, I'm ranting.

http://www.last.fm/user/Jarnroth/

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:07 pm 

If you change just the score, it doesn't need to be re-accepted. If you edit the body of the text or the title, it needs to be re-accepted. Mods can tell if it's an edit.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.