Myspace.com/hatredembraced1

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540262218

4 songs. death metal with the old spirit. based in nj

http://www.mediafire.com/?6p274yfapmhda

download it, review it, spread it

Sathanas_BM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 am 

Can someone review Ophis' "Stream Of Misery"? I am curious to see how others view this album. Thanks!

thepoopsmithmaster wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Are you that dense?
Define dense.

Twisted_Fate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 am 

I think someone should review Blatant Disarray's "Everyone Dies Alone." Their a really cool Thrash band from my own city.

Be gone, troll!

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:18 am 

Twisted_Fate wrote:
I think someone should review Blatant Disarray's "Everyone Dies Alone." Their a really cool Thrash band from my own city.

If you can get a download link, I'll definitely check the band out.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 pm 

Wow, I saw those guys live way back in like '02/'03. I was friends with one of the guys' little cousins so I got invited along to some hole in the wall bar when I was about 12 or 13 (I don't remember why they were in Illinois at the time). All I really remember was them covering Holy Wars. I had forgotten completely about them and haven't talked to that guy in probably six years now.

Kind of a useless post since I'm not saying I'll review it, I was just blown away when I saw that name. Hadn't thought of it in ages.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am 

Hello. I have a very good album for you guys to review. It's from India's best metal band Demonic resurrection and the album is called "Return To Darkness".

Here's the download link to the album:
http://rapidshare.com/files/362653602/D ... _2010_.rar

i hope some of you review it.

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/demonicresurrection

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm 

Festival of Mutilation- Gods of Infernal Desolation, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5I0N7BKC, the first full-length of the bosnian death metal band. If any band deserves reviews, it's for this great year old low profile release.

Amazing underground death metal from Bosnia.

SS_Division_Wiking
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:45 am 

Drudkh has like three times as many reviews as Motorhead and Saxon combined. And then everyone wonders what's up with "modern" metalheads.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:58 am 

SS_Division_Wiking wrote:
Drudkh has like three times as many reviews as Motorhead and Saxon combined. And then everyone wonders what's up with "modern" metalheads.

Who exactly wonders this? I've listened to metal longer than Drudkh has existed as a band so I suppose I don't count as a "modern" metalhead (whatever that means), but I'd rather listen to Drudkh than Motörhead or Saxon, even if I've written zero reviews for Drudkh and one for Motörhead. Then again, I don't listen to much of either really. Or Saxon for that matter.

SS_Division_Wiking
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:18 am 

There's probably nothing to it actually other than the general demographics of those who write reviews for the respective bands. Dedicated fans of Mötorhead and Saxon are on average older and more likely to just concentrate on catching every show by the bands that they can rather than sit and write out a review of their albums. While fans of Drudkh's music are younger and more of the "stay-at-homes" who will take the time to analyze, critique the music on a computer.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:30 am 

SS_Division_Wiking wrote:
There's probably nothing to it actually other than the general demographics of those who write reviews for the respective bands. Dedicated fans of Mötorhead and Saxon are on average older and more likely to just concentrate on catching every show by the bands that they can rather than sit and write out a review of their albums. While fans of Drudkh's music are younger and more of the "stay-at-homes" who will take the time to analyze, critique the music on a computer.

Excuse me? You make it sound like planning going to shows and actually going take the majority of one's time. You're probably on to something with that age thing. Fans of Motörhead and Saxon tend to be older and probably more working class than fans of Drudkh, who are younger, probably just going through college so more intellectual and more inclined to analyze and critique music as you said and more probable to write reviews that get accepted.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:36 pm 

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:47 pm 

I'd like to see a, shall we say, less than glowingly positive review of Slayer's South of Heaven. Reign in Blood has plenty and Seasons... gets a fair few (very deservedly in my opinion). So anyone feel like doing SoH?

I quite like the album, myself, but it certainly feels like the first awkward Slayer album. And perhaps, the beginning of their downfall.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:47 pm 

Really?? It's been so long since I've been able to see it as anything other than their peak! In what way do you find it awkward?

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:18 pm 

Well, it's just after three visionary and iconoclastic albums and one superb EP (without doubt some of the most influential and important metal releases), South of Heaven just seems like it's saying "Well, we've gone pretty much everywhere we can... let's be more...er...mature" (which seems to be missing out on a lot of the complexity/structural brilliance of their earlier stuff). And Araya's do suck quite a bit in places (see: 'Live Undead'). I think if it's not lacking vision it's certainly lacking impact. Undoubtedly, it's got fewer classics than anything before it, too, I only really love the title track.

Maybe I should actually write a review here. I think I'd give it about a 70, it's cool enough, but Slayer's best? Nah, fuck that! :P

Twisted_Fate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:29 pm 

I really think someone should review Nothing Exceeds Like Excess by Raven (gbr). Most of their stuff is NWOBHM/Speed Metal, but this one is definately thrash. I'd review it myself, but eh, I got other stuff to review.

Be gone, troll!

wartia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:43 pm 

Death 'n' Thrash from Sweden. EP downloadable here: http://www.everwhere.se/?release=4

Oh, and: http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=rtfm

Mantis44
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am 

I was browsing through some of those "old school death metal gems" topics and found a few that have no reviews:

Cianide - A Descent into Hell
Exoto - Carnival of Souls
Gangrena - Infected Ideologies
Sorrow - Forgotten Sunrise
Suffer - Global Warming

Just wondering if anyone has heard any of these albums and would like to review them.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 pm 

Requesting positive reviews of any releases from Zarach'Baal'Tharagh (yes, POSITIVE)! It's not that I'm a fan, but it's that his work overall doesn't seem as horrible as it's made out to be (definitely heard some neat bits myself), and it also seems that most of the hatred tossed his way in the form of extremely low scored reviews is for reviewers to blow off some steam by zeroing in on a very easy target due to the large number of releases released in short periods of time. Fish, barrel, etc. I know there have to be some people out there who enjoy some amount of his stuff, and I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!

I know there are some lukewarm reviews, mostly from oneyoudontknow, but that's not good enough!

dmerritt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm 

Would someone please review Ceremony(Nid) - Tyranny From Above?

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:34 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Requesting positive reviews of any releases from Zarach'Baal'Tharagh (yes, POSITIVE)! It's not that I'm a fan, but it's that his work overall doesn't seem as horrible as it's made out to be (definitely heard some neat bits myself), and it also seems that most of the hatred tossed his way in the form of extremely low scored reviews is for reviewers to blow off some steam by zeroing in on a very easy target due to the large number of releases released in short periods of time. Fish, barrel, etc. I know there have to be some people out there who enjoy some amount of his stuff, and I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!

I know there are some lukewarm reviews, mostly from oneyoudontknow, but that's not good enough!

Well ... someone could write a positive review but with blatanly fake arguments. Would this be something you might be satisfied with? ZBT is an extreme band in a lot of ways and to put his art on the same level as releases from 'good bands' just does not seem right. It might be that you did not get the 70 point review I wrote for ZBT ... and how it is supposed to be read; you might understand it a bit better would you be familiar with the history of this band on the MA board.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Leviathan27
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:54 pm 

Can someone write a review for Öde - Schimmenwoud? The dont have a review yet but i think they deserved one. I like it very much, but my english is too bad for a review.

Here is the MA bandpage ...

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=124959

And here is a download link ...

http://suicidal-depressive.blogspot.com ... -2008.html

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
Well ... someone could write a positive review but with blatanly fake arguments. Would this be something you might be satisfied with?

No, I want to see genuine opinions as to why it is good from actual fans.

oneyoudontknow wrote:
ZBT is an extreme band in a lot of ways and to put his art on the same level as releases from 'good bands' just does not seem right. It might be that you did not get the 70 point review I wrote for ZBT ... and how it is supposed to be read; you might understand it a bit better would you be familiar with the history of this band on the MA board.

Not a complex history. Someone posted a link, people started ripping on it.

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:13 am 

www.reverbnation.com/aggressus

Could do with another couple of reviews/opinions.

ALSO

www.myspace.com/psychoanalysismusic

First 3 songs on the myspace player make up the In Transcience demo, needs a review.

LASTLY

www.myspace.com/nerruskordeathmetal

2008 demo, someone ought to review it as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes an interest. :)

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:37 am 

I think it would be pretty cool if someone were to review Sear Bliss' first album, Phantoms, firstly because it's yet to be reviewed yet and secondly because there really seems to be a lack of any in-depth reviews on it on the internet as a whole.

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
Well ... someone could write a positive review but with blatanly fake arguments. Would this be something you might be satisfied with?

No, I want to see genuine opinions as to why it is good from actual fans.

oneyoudontknow wrote:
ZBT is an extreme band in a lot of ways and to put his art on the same level as releases from 'good bands' just does not seem right. It might be that you did not get the 70 point review I wrote for ZBT ... and how it is supposed to be read; you might understand it a bit better would you be familiar with the history of this band on the MA board.

Not a complex history. Someone posted a link, people started ripping on it.

Like a lot of other bands: Animae Capronii, Heirdrain and countless other crappy bm bands.
A lot of the reviews were written during the review challenge, because they provided easy targets for pushing the score.

My podcast:

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:22 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

Can you tell me or can anyone else here tell me where I can get a hold of his material? I did a few searches and did not come up with anything.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:39 pm 

hells_unicorn wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

Can you tell me or can anyone else here tell me where I can get a hold of his material? I did a few searches and did not come up with anything.

Contact THE MAN himself. He speaks English... not excessively, but fairly well. From what I have heard, he does not spread promos anymore.

My podcast:

aruzo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:50 pm 

We don't have a page on here yet as our demo isn't on a physical release, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post here but still looking for some feedback, perhaps someone has a website which reviews bands where they can stick it.

Anyway,

http://www.myspace.com/bludvera

The demo is available for free download. Please give us some feedback.

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:47 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
hells_unicorn wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

Contact THE MAN himself. He speaks English... not excessively, but fairly well. From what I have heard, he does not spread promos anymore.

I will write two reviews on ZBT soon ... those releases with real drums.

My podcast:

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm 

aruzo wrote:
We don't have a page on here yet as our demo isn't on a physical release, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post here but still looking for some feedback, perhaps someone has a website which reviews bands where they can stick it.

Anyway,

http://www.myspace.com/bludvera

The demo is available for free download. Please give us some feedback.

I've had that demo downloaded for a few months now and have given it a couple of listens. Unfortunately, I do all of my music reviewing here on MA so the demo would have to see a physical release before I could write up a review for it.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:05 am 

I'd like to see more reviews for Sigh's Infidel Art, myself.

Makaveli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:59 pm 

Would any serious reviewers be interested in reviewing my label's material ? (physical copies of course, I'm not into this DL style, I can spare a few copies of the CDs so I'd appreciate the reviews)

Mostly all Thrash Metal, the album links from MA are available below, please PM me if you wish to get copies of any of the CDs for review and I'll get the ones you request sent out, please don't abuse the system by wanting a copy of each of them if you have no interest in reviewing them.

Convicted - Convicted (Thrash Metal from Greece)
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=276591

Fatal - Cast into Filth (Thrash / Death from Flordia)
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=274905

Mutilated Messiah - Total Fucking Slaughter (Thrash from Ireland) in the vein of Slaughter (Canada) & Motorhead
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=282830

Snake Eyes - Beware of the Snake (Thrash Metal from Poland)
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=274848

Outbreak of Metal Vol. I (Vindicator (USA) / Metal Witch (Germany))
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=233602

Outbreak of Metal Vol. II (Destroyer (Poland) / Violated (Norway))
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=249952

Thanks.
K.

Releases from Adrenicide, Kaiju & Suicide Watch due shortly.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm 

jizzomatic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:35 am 

jizzomatic wrote:
Before I get around to it, I want to see what others think of this album:

Hangnail-Clouds In The Head
maybe I'll be the first

devoidindia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 am 

Any Old School Thrash fans would like to review our Debut Album titled - A God's Lie . We recently released this album and are a death thrash band from Mumbai, India. You can get back to us if interested.

Thanks,
Roydon Bangera
Mangager - Devoid
www.myspace.com/devoidindia

DecayingMyYouth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 am 

I'll be releasing The Fall of the Heretic's new album, Hate Asylum, as a download only version within the next few weeks. If there's anyone who could review it, PM me.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:57 pm 

Darxon don't have any reviews. They are a nice German traditional metal band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRFVcP_ ... re=related
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:07 am 

Hey guys, I'm looking for a few people to write reviews on Disfigure The Insane's Ouroboros album.

PM me if interested, but note, I'll only be able to send you a download link.

Makaveli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:21 pm 

Ok guys I'm back, there wasn't much of a take up on the offer of the other CDs for review but I'm hoping that may change with this release, what I have to offer for reputable reviewers are copies of the brand new ADRENICIDE CDs entitled "War Begs No Mercy", this is the finest Crossover / Thrash to come out of the United Kingdom in many a year.

So anyone wishing to review a physical copy of the CD then please get in touch and I'll get a copy out to you, as I said I'm looking for reputable reviewers.

Thanks

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 78  Next