Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:25 pm 

Hi. You recently rejected three of my Amorphis reviews, which at the time I was a little disappointed about but I fully understood, as I knew that my standards of writing can be better than that. Having revisited today, I was pleasantly surprised to see how forthcoming and direct your rejection messages were. It took a lot of the sting out of having to figure out the issue, and it showed me that you read them well and really wanted to see me succeed in publishing them.
I just want to say thanks for that. It's motivated me to get going again and I have just finished a complete do-over of them. I'm quite excited for you to read my revisions.

(I would have sent this as a PM but the option to do so seems to be disabled). Anyway - much appreciated.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:35 pm 

: ) You're quite welcome. Having done this for a while now, I like to think I've gotten pretty good at spotting the issues with reviews that might not be up to grade. I'm glad my rejection message was informative/helpful and got to the point for you, without seeming overly harsh or demanding as I worry they might sometimes. I will take a look at your resubmitted reviews most likely later today; I'm also glad the experience motivated you some more.

Reply to topic