Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Orbitball
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:17 am 

This is for TheBurningOfSodom....

Every single one of my reviews have bogus rejection reasons because you are from Italy. All the reasons are because of that! Before you, everything went through. Now I wait 2-3 days in order to be rejected for reasons beyond the scope of America's language! I have Italian natives in Genoa but this is beyond ridiculous. Sometimes the same reason for different reviews simultaneously. Get your act together, I put a lot of effort into my texts!

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:51 am 

Wow... I hope you know this is out of line, Orbitball. TBOS is a review queue moderator and his nationality has nothing to do with it. If you mean that his English is poor because he comes from Italy, that's nonsense. I have also rejected your reviews many times because they often do not describe the album clearly, or sometimes don't have enough content to be accepted. TBOS has worked hard to clear the review queue recently, so maybe you see his name more than others', but the quality is the problem not the moderator.

Singling out one person to relieve your frustration is not cool.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

Orbitball
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:10 am 

Yeah, sorry. I'm just frustrated I want to write for this site but I'm losing my patience as I've said. I put in so much effort to my reviews just for them to get rejected repeatedly.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:40 am 

Listen, I know you love metal and that’s clear from the way you write your reviews. I know you want your writing to be on the website to show others the cool albums you’ve heard. None of the moderators want to stop your work being published, but we also want the work to be good quality. Maybe recently, because there are some new moderators, the standard seems to be high. Maybe we are very picky. But I think you can also use this as a period of improvement, by thinking about some of the reviews that were rejected. I’m sure you can think of something you could do better in your writing, whether that’s musical vocabulary, description of the album, explaining clearly, or just plain old spelling and grammar.

Importantly, especially if a review is rejected once, do your best to make some changes. Even if a different moderator reads it the second time, we can see how much the review has changed from the first time to the second time. If we see there are no changes, it looks like the writer hasn’t thought about what to make better. Also, we usually (but not always) agree whether a review should be accepted or rejected. So probably another moderator will have a similar opinion of the review. I say this so that you know no one has bad feelings towards you, no one is trying to stop your reviews being published. We just agree that the reviews don’t always meet the standards of the website.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

Orbitball
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:35 am 

Yeah, I love metal. Over 30 years of it! Just wish my reviews would go through. I try to cover everything that's required! I am going to read the rules too that were posted a while ago (2008). I printed out the 4-5 page explanation on how to get these ones approved.

Again, sorry for singling the guy out, I'm just stumped, though reading these guidelines for getting them accepted will help (obviously).

Thanks for your kind reply!

TheBurningOfSodom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:41 am 

Wow, seeing this just now. Given that I'm going to thank gas for his thorough explanation – and for being an awesome attorney – might as well toss my two cents in, even if the issue seems to be widely cleared. The key concept, however, is that the site standards are evolving with time, even if the process might have accelerated recently because of the new additions. We are all starting out and can commit mistakes or sometimes have slightly divergent opinions, but as said we usually and easily agree on the process. I bet it's incredibly frustrating to see the situation change so much for the worse, from your point of view. Just don't give up – and don't blame others, but you got the gist, I guess.

For the country matter, I reckon that we aren't exactly famous for our English lol. But I can assure you that I'm far from being the first non-American mod on the site. Also, nice that you have relatives here! (term used very loosely since I live far from Genoa and I've never been there yet)

In any case, being you the second user to take my rejections personally (the first in a PM), I guess I'm not making any new friends, either. :lol:

lonerider wrote:
Think I'm gonna go take a whiz through my fretboard now

It's the dawn of descending...

Reply to topic