Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sigillum_Dei_Ameth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 pm 

Note: I don't know where else to post this topic/question so bear with me on this one.

I recently got an e-mail from this Russian label called Aesthetics of Devastation wanting me to review their only artist Grey Heaven Fall. The e-mail itself was obviously broken english enough but I understood it for the most part. Anyway, just try and follow these e-mail which I'm basically copying and pasting:

Original E-mail:
"Hello Sean. My name is Necto and I am writing from the publishing label "Aesthetics of Devastation". Late last year we released a big full-length album called "Black Wisdom", authored by "Grey Heaven Fall" band.
I have read your reviews on Metal Archives and I can tell that you adequately reach a verdict.
Tell me please, you would be interested to have their opinion on this album?
Free streaming:
https://aestheticsofdevastation.bandcam ... ack-wisdom
If you're interested, I would be happy to send you the CD.
Best regards
N.
http://aesthetics-of-devastation.com/"

My response:

"Necto,

I don't remember reviewing "Black Wisdom" for Metal-Archives.com and I double checked and it says that I didn't, but if you want me to I will go ahead and review it for my blog Esoterica Codex. And yes I am definitely interested in you sending the CD. Here's my mailing address.

*NOTE: I included my mailing address but not posting that for obvious reasons*

It's easier to contact and chat with me on there if you want to. Once I have written the review, I'll send you the link and everything so you can share it if you want.

Hails."

Here's the strange reply I got back to my original reply.

"Sean, you did not write a review for this album. I'm interested that you write for Metal archives. And could you write exclusively for Archives?"

If any of the Moderators can get back with me on this one and confirm that all this dude wants is a free review OR if Metal-Archives wants me to exclusively write for them (I know this part is bullshit, I'm not that dumb), or if anyone else has had this dude hit them up for a free review, please let me know. Thanks.

RapeTheDead
Stoned Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:23 pm 

Dude hit me up with a similar message, I wrote a review, got the CD in the mail. No real hassle there. I guess he's just interested in M-A reviews and doesn't want it to only be on your review blog? Iunno what to tell you other than that.

Album's pretty solid, too.

SKYLESS AEONS
SENTIMENT DISSOLVE
HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 pm 

Using my broken english skills i can tell you that they simply like you review style (your reviews "adequately reach a verdict") and asked for a review "paid" with one of their cd's.
But they want that review posted on metal archives, and not on your personal blog, probably because the larger number of visitors here.

That "write exclusively for archives" it's weird: it could be a mistranslation because i can't really see what issues could rise if your review will be posted on both your blog and the archives

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:19 am 

I agree with Morn of Solace. He doesn't think you wrote a review for Black Wisdom. He likes your style, is hoping you'd write one for M-A, and wants it to only be posted here. AND he's willing to send you a CD for your trouble.

Reply to topic