* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
bloodfeast
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:50 am 

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooslow - 30%
Written by TheHashishFalcon on May 28th, 2004

the ambient song with the samples is just about the only sign of intellegent life on this album. the rest of it sounds like the high school football team's meathead metal band.who has the time to listen to this?!! who else but someone seriously slow could tolerate listening to this? i could go run errands and be back in time for maybe the next note on most of the tracks.how can folks call this doom metal? this is playing a 78 at 33 slow, but hey this might be good to try and play along to if you are learning bass.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1191#11164

UltraBoris
Speed Metal Satan

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:24 pm 

bloodfeast wrote:
toooooooooooooooooooooooooooslow - 30%
Written by TheHashishFalcon on May 28th, 2004

the ambient song with the samples is just about the only sign of intellegent life on this album. the rest of it sounds like the high school football team's meathead metal band.who has the time to listen to this?!! who else but someone seriously slow could tolerate listening to this? i could go run errands and be back in time for maybe the next note on most of the tracks.how can folks call this doom metal? this is playing a 78 at 33 slow, but hey this might be good to try and play along to if you are learning bass.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1191#11164
what the fuck, someone approved a review by that cunt? I've been busy keeping the tide at bay... I've rejected about 20 of his "reviews". That is actually one of the more intelligent things he's attempted!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:37 pm 

o_O Who the fuck approved that? Come on, fess up so that I can fire you. :p

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:42 pm 

:ohshit:

Total brainfart. I had just rejected four or five borderline reviews and I was starting to get that "Maybe I'm being too hard on the poor fuckers" feeling.

Must remember...no more nice.

Oiras
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:04 pm 

http://metal-archives.com/review.php?id=743#148

Quote:
Great for a fanatic - 90%
Written by axman on August 11th, 2002

While Mercyful Fate's debut EP is a classic of the black metal genre now that it was reissued on The Beginning it is no longer essential. Sure the songs are great but unless your a fanatic it's easier to get this on The Beginning rather then to hunt it down and pay a jacked-up price.

http://metal-archives.com/review.php?id=920#3296

Quote:
Death Mummy BORING Metal - 0%
Written by cryingbloodevil on December 24th, 2003

One day I hear about the Art of Noise Tour which is Nile's tour and it had Napalm Death on it. So I went but I never heard Nile's stuff but i have heard alot about them being a very good death metal band. I just said to myself I'll see when I hear them live. After all the good bands put on great show these four retards come out on stage, in all like 30 people are going crazy for them out of like maybe 500 people because alot of people left after Napalm. So then Nile starts playing their "genius" music and it was the worst shit I have ever heard in my whole life. The music was so boring my knees started to give out after maybe around 5 songs, then I left. After a while I was like "Okay maybe they aren't that good live...". So I downloaded some of their crap. And I only liked one song out of all the songs I got (I downloaded pretty much all of their albums). It was putting me to sleep! And where the fuck is all the Egyptian riffs!? I don't hear any of that in their music I just hear mindless riffing and deep grunts that I could make with my ass. Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" has more Egyptian riffs than any of Nile's shit. Even Amorphis's "Tales From The Thousand Lakes" has more Egyptian riffing. Come on people like good metal not this overrated fag shit.

Stonecold
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:07 pm 

That Nile review is gold! Let it stay!

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:56 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=254#975

Quote:
No one can beat Mayhem - 95%
Written by Morteizen on June 21st, 2003

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is top quality black metal, you can't beat them. The vocals are the biggest standout on this album, Csihar does a great job and really gives this album it's raw feel. Csihar's part really makes this a very original and creative Black Metal piece. Hellhammer's drumming is also another aspect I like about this album. This album kicks ass, and some people out there are jackasses and just can't admit to it. There is a history behind this album also, with the Count and Euronymous, but if you don't know all about that already then you're stupid or something. The best tracks on this album are, Funeral Fog, Freezing Moon, Pagan Fears, Life Eternal and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. The only reason I took 5 off is because De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is a great song, and the vocalist really fucks it up halfway through it, such potential too.
Anyway, this album is a definite buy.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=840#446
Quote:
Almost Decent, but overrated - 48%
Written by EmperorDeath on March 22nd, 2003

I really don't need to review this album, about everyone should know this album blows. It isn't that fast. The ballads are horrible like "nothing else maters". I hate lars urlich, he is the biggest bitch in the metal scene. I don't find the guitar riffs appealing. James hetfield vocals is crap, too whiney soundy. There is a few songs that catch my attention like "Wherever I may roam" "Of wolf and Men" and "sad but true". Most of the songs are overrated. This is one of the albums where you can tell a band will sell out. I don't think this is a sell out album yet, but it sure is not worth keeping.

If you are a metallica fan or a collector of metal cds, then this album is for you. If you don't have this and don't like slowdown thrash metal, then consider yourself lucky.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Osmium
The Hateful Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:53 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=3032#5547

Quote:
A True Taste Of Evil - 100%
Written by Samana88 on February 22nd, 2004 [ delete review ]

This has to be one of the most amazing cds ever done by Bethlehem. This album deserves the 100 percent rating more than any other album out there! Every song is a solid 10 out of 10, every riff, every drum beat, every scream of agony will please ANY listener and at the same time send them into ecstacy...

Right from the beginning you know youre in for something special, something unique. You encounter slow paced sections, fast paced sections, they just give you a slew of techinical yet dark metal!

The vocals found on this album are mainly screams of agony and also numerous strong grunts, and yes, all songs are sung in German, which yes, adds to the darkness and hate in every song.

Schatten Aus Der Alexander Welt has to be the best song on the entire album, in 2nd place comes track 2 (because of its long length it allows lots of atmosphere and plenty of change in song structure).

I suggest the purchase of this album, Dictius Te Necare to anyone who is a fan of technical/evil black metal...

He gives the album a 100%, but barely describes it. In fact, he makes it sound silly (see bold text). For any regular review, I guess it would be acceptable, but for a 100%, this is quite weak.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:09 am 

I'm not sure if THIS meets the minimal standards or not...

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=3798#4456

Quote:
Into the reject box with you - 15%
Written by burnthepope on January 8th, 2004

at first i liked this, and thought it was the most evil cd that ever existed but now i see that dark funeral are what is generally known as a try - hard.
all this going on about satan only proves one thing, they think they are evil, but are not, if they even knew what they were talking about, they wouldnt call jesus nazarene, he wasnt, they dont know what theyre talking about,
its like the old sex lies syndrome: the more you talk about it, the less you get shitheads.
As for the music, there is one almost good song on this album, the start of thus i have spoken for about ten seconds, then the musical diohrea starts again.
I suppose its the way that everything in it sounds, well, lets say if there was a genre called pop-black-metal, this is it, its about as mallcore as extreme metal gets. The drumming isnt too bad, but the guitar sounds so candyapple/industrial like (yes i made that up).
And the voice of "emperor magus caligula" is also shit, he even sounds like almost mallcorish, so my conclusion is nothing but blackened nu metal with the word satan thrown in around 20 times.

would anyone like to buy my copy of it?

As well as this:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=2925#170

Quote:
Well it's black metal alright.. - 95%
Written by HawkMoon on August 11th, 2002

'Panzer division marduk' is definitely the most brutal and monotone creation from the swedish black metallers. Yet.. it is one hell of a listening pleasure. The most primitive form of black metal - litterately full speed all the way through with exception of some intro or something. And do NOT look this way for beautiful solos or intelligent lyrics.

That's about it, I could give this full rating since the whole album is equally good but it just wouldn't be fair to 'Opus nocturne'. Nr. 2 Marduk album to get.

Exkretor wrote:

CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:46 pm 

wow, that's poopy

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:18 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=11430#3249

Quote:
Respectable Release from Mortician - 77%
Written by the_MoRTiCiAN on February 15th, 2004

Although this release is not as good as their "House by the Cemetary" EP, it is still very decent. It features some of the best Mortician songs, all of which are viciously fast and brutal as fuck! Will Rahmer has one of the most brutish growls in the business. sometimes i swear he is turning into a werewolf on stage. He is definitely the highlight of this record. THe songwriting is not super original or varied, but when listening to Mortician all you want to hear the raw savageness of Will's throat. When you in the mood for a good choke hold, pop in this record and think sick thoughts for a little while. For fans of Mortician this is a must have. Their best full length release to date. Features 50 mins of sadistic barbarity. Good violent fun!

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=11430#3336

Quote:
Mortician are THE brutal death gods! - 99%
Written by Gortician on November 2nd, 2003

What can I say?, this is my favourite release from my all time favourite band! I just love every second of this album, from start to finish the listener is subjected to an onslaught of cruel grinding death. There is no sign of remorse at all from these two barbarians that make up Mortician.
The only reason I have not given this 100% is becuase the horror movie samples tend to get a bit tedious after then 10th time you have heard them.
Ok, enough said, Mortician know how to create some brutal shit. Buy them album, drink a keg of beer and murder your neighbourhood with a chainsaw.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=1306#5434

Quote:
I now know why i hate jets - 35%
Written by katatonia_are_gods on December 28th, 2003

Mortician comes back with an album that sounds, well, just like every other album they have. They do covers of Pungent Stench's "Pulsating Protoplasma" and Disastrous Murmur's "Extra Uterine Pregnancy" which is semi-cool, but nothing to really excite me. Now, don't get me wrong, Mortician is a good band, just to monotonous for me. They seem to resemble the sound of a jet engine... The one decent part is all the cool horror movie intros. The drum mahcine is rythymless, the riffs all sound the same, and the vocals are sometimes so deep i can't hear them. If your just getting into heavy shit, don't start with this album....

Exkretor wrote:

Manchester_Devil
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:20 am 

Graveland Made It All Worth Buying It - 100%
Written by Samana88 on June 1st, 2004

Its a sad thing that the only split Graveland has done so far was done with Honor... In my opinion it shouldve been Graveland & Moontower split!!! The sadness however ends when Honor's portion of the split is over and Graveland begins. Beginning with the trademark Graveland sound, raspy vocals, synth that gives feelings of being inside of a Pagan Temple, pounding war drums and crash cymbal that compares to the violent crashing of ocean waves. It is indeed worth it. Production is actually pretty good, you can hear Darken clearly, you can hear the churning buzz of the electric, its just awesome! Unlike Honor, the lyrics (except for into deaths arms) are in English. It was suprising when Darken did the vocals in Polish for Into Deaths Arms, even took some time to get used to haha, still it all remains with the highest grade! There was no bad song, no moment of peace, this is indeed Pagan War Metal. Just wish there had been more Graveland songs than Honor songs!!!

-Clear production
-Not a dull moment
-Into Deaths Arms is sung in Polish
-Why Honor?!
-Nice artwork and some good pictures of Darken with members of Honor
-Each song is unique

RAISE YOUR SWORD!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The reviewer can't seem to make his mind up over this split and gives 100% to Graveland, he just doesn't describe Honor's half of the split yet gives Graveland a blowjob.

INTO THE OVENS!

Manchester_Devil
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:23 am 

Reminders From Past Style... - 75%
Written by Samana88 on June 1st, 2004

I am only going to go over the Honor portion of the Honor/Graveland split Raiders of Revenge. First of all Honor does not play NSBM in the way we all are expecting. So right off the bat dont expect Honor to be playing "dark" Black Metal, yes it is metal but there are certain things that are missing...

-The vocals are NOT in the style of the majority of Black Metal singers. Vocals closely compare to the singing of a drunken sailor haha.

- In each track Honor has some sort of "chorus" unlike the majority of Black Metal songs.

- Blast beats do not exsist. Drumming is rather simple. Compares to a "early" Graveland style of drumming. Mostly pounding out marching beats.

Honor still however has numerous good-points! Vocals may suck but they are all in Polish which really isnt done that much. Riffs at times are impressive even though drumming is simplistic. At times Honor attempts a more evil, more black metal sound, for example, on track 2, "Wrath", Honor uses sounds of lighting etc to convey a feeling of perhaps Paganism, who knows! By the way, Wrath has some damn good riffs in it...

Overall, the tracks were good, its just a shame that the vocals are not what was expected. Track 4, Thousand Years Bonds was rather WEAK! Unlike the other tracks which were RAC/Oi inspired NSBM. In the end we are given a taste of a Honor, a band that still cant shake its past style...

----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on his Graveland/Honor split review, but I still have this feeling that the reviewer is just complaining about Honor in spite of the rating he gives.

Orphaned_Light
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:08 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=28592#5547
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=28591#5547

Links for Manchester if you decide to delete them.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:00 am 

Oh my...

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=2614#7272

Quote:
primitive evil and ugly!! - 90%
Written by Devil_Pig on April 2nd, 2004

God damn!!! why everyone likes there later stuff the most and bashes this i don't know. This is my favorite release of Beherit (along with all there demos.) It's so evil and primitive it almost sounds like grindcore at times musically, but manages to be evil enough to stay black metal. Every song on here is a classic, the vocals are awesome hell grunts saying things like "Metal of Death!!" over and over, how could you not like that!!?! This sounds like Blasphemys Blood Upon the Altar played by satanic cavemen. If that makes any sense. Compare this to there later stuff and its like night and day. This is so fast and brutal it's strange to think that they turned so slow and atmospheric. I like all there stuff though (besides the techno) Beherit Killz!!

Exkretor wrote:

Egregius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:53 am 

Stickyshooz, what do you have against these reviews? Most of them describe the album. For example..
Quote:
Well it's black metal alright.. - 95%
Written by HawkMoon on August 11th, 2002

'Panzer division marduk' is definitely the most brutal and monotone creation from the swedish black metallers. Yet.. it is one hell of a listening pleasure. The most primitive form of black metal - litterately full speed all the way through with exception of some intro or something. And do NOT look this way for beautiful solos or intelligent lyrics.

That's about it, I could give this full rating since the whole album is equally good but it just wouldn't be fair to 'Opus nocturne'. Nr. 2 Marduk album to get.

..captures the essence of Panzer Division Marduk.

What are you expecting, a detailed analysis of the symbolic significance of these albums? The other reviews are just as short. Some of them shed most of their light on other aspects of the album, but that's it.

I'm agreeing that the Mortician reviews don't deserve teh prize, but they're like many reviews I see out there on review sites.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:21 pm 

Quote:
'Panzer division marduk' is definitely the most brutal and monotone creation from the swedish black metallers. Yet.. it is one hell of a listening pleasure.

To me, that's one of the most minimalistic ways to describe an album. How is it a listening pleasure, and how is it monotonus? DESCRIBE SOMETHING FOR ME. Brutal? How?

Quote:
The most primitive form of black metal - litterately full speed all the way through with exception of some intro or something.

Primitive and speed, that tells me something, but still...not a lot. A lot of black metal is primitive.

If I've never heard Marduk before I'd like to know what to expect before I go buy something instead of wasting my money on something because of a bad review. However, if it meets the standards of the site, then okay. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Exkretor wrote:

bloodfeast
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:15 pm 

What...is this?! - 10%
Written by OlympicSharpshooter on June 4th, 2004

Wow... metal's officially been dethroned as the fastest, loudest genre on earth. I'll be honest with you, I didn't really grasp how much difference there was between say, extreme black/death metal like early Napalm Death and Limbonic Art and grindcore like Anal Cunt. Well, on a lark after reading the other reviews of this humourously named band, I decided to grab some of the tracks from this short EP off of a download server and see what I could see. I downloaded every track, waited til I had all of them, burned it to a CD and sat down for a listen.

I will never, ever, question the Encyclopedia Metallum rule regarding what is and isn't metal, as far as grindcore goes. This isn't metal, it isn't even music as far as I can tell. I've heard more tuneful industrial accidents. This is, simply put, grotesque and garish bashing put to record and foisted on an unsuspecting public. Anal Cunt is more musical! Cock and Ball Torture can't possibly be doing this on purpose; it's like they are building something and decided to take a tape recorder along for shits and giggles.

I destroyed the CD. I took the files out of my shared folder and deleted them. I thought about sending messages to the people who had CBT files ordering them to cease and desist. Then I realized something: I can't judge this. I don't understand it. My mind cannot grasp it. Perhaps there are submerged complexitites, hidden rhythms and an alien beauty beyond my primitive cranium. All I know is that 10 up there in the score box is a placeholder. I won't give it zero, because that score is for something I understand and hate with all my soul. This though... simply put, Zoophillia should not be on this site.

Christina Aguilera has more in common with metal than this.

(If for some reason this review makes you want to listen to this, try tossing your computer into a giant blender while screaming about how you want to fuck your sister while having your throat scraped with a cheese grater. Not only will it be more satisfying artistically, it'll hurt less)

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=8278#5599

ENCYCLOPAEDIA METALLUM Submission Guidelines
FOR REVIEWS

1) Stick to the music

2) Stick to the music

Janssen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:49 pm 

BOOM!!! You don't know what it's Like!! - 94%
Written by OceanMech on May 14th, 2003

TSiB was my first exposure to the frightening collective of the Neurots. I got it roughly at the same time that I stopped listening to Ænima so intensely, which is funny, since TooL wishes they could make an album as generally apocalyptic and hopeful and dire, and evolutionary as this one. I can't quite say anything about the tracks in themselves, as this was meant to b as a whole full document. However, Æon, should be the music playing to begin the new Matrix movies, not that they're going to, anyway

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=192#852

Glemte_hage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:51 pm 

Why the hell did he even bother?

I ended up getting punched in the face and my lip started bleeding all over my shirt. IT WAS AWESOME!

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:07 am 

That "BOOM!" was rather prophetic. It's nuked now.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Egregius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:48 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:
Quote:
'Panzer division marduk' is definitely the most brutal and monotone creation from the swedish black metallers. Yet.. it is one hell of a listening pleasure.

To me, that's one of the most minimalistic ways to describe an album. How is it a listening pleasure, and how is it monotonus? DESCRIBE SOMETHING FOR ME. Brutal? How?

Quote:
The most primitive form of black metal - litterately full speed all the way through with exception of some intro or something.

Primitive and speed, that tells me something, but still...not a lot. A lot of black metal is primitive.

If I've never heard Marduk before I'd like to know what to expect before I go buy something instead of wasting my money on something because of a bad review. However, if it meets the standards of the site, then okay. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

The essence of PDM is that it's unrefined and unrelenting blasting black metal. It doesn't have any nice frills, it's just brutal. Some hate it, some love it, the reviews all reflect this.

Egregius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:48 pm 

Ok, that was some weird forumbug. This post isn't even indicated by 'last poster'.

Last edited by Egregius on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tharamyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am 

OMG BOOHOO MY REVEIW FOR FUNERLAL MIST - HAVOKK GOT REJCETED WAH WAH :cry: I WNAT TEH MOD REPSNIBLA FOR THIS :fuck: :cry:

I was expecting it. Was a bit minimalistic that's why I submitted it between my other Funeral Mist reviews. When you've read the others the Havoc review was enough, really.

*shrugs* Oh well, I'll rewrite it with some more description sooner or later. Probably later.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:21 am 

Meh...

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=92#4062

Quote:
Majestic Blackmetal - 98%
Written by Lord_Phobos on October 23rd, 2003

This is the only CD that, to me, fits like a glove in the category of majestic Blackmetal, in part dve to the best keyboard work ever. The guitars combined with the epic keyboard melodies, and the excellent drumming of Trym provide a very brutal and grandiose opus. The only problem I find here is the ride plate sometimes being too high when compared with the rest of the instruments around, and that takes some dimension from the music. Ihsahn must have been in a really inspired moment when he wrote the music and lyrics to this album.

Exkretor wrote:

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:18 am 

stickyshooZ wrote:
Meh...

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=92#4062

Quote:
Majestic Blackmetal - 98%
Written by Lord_Phobos on October 23rd, 2003

This is the only CD that, to me, fits like a glove in the category of majestic Blackmetal, in part dve to the best keyboard work ever. The guitars combined with the epic keyboard melodies, and the excellent drumming of Trym provide a very brutal and grandiose opus. The only problem I find here is the ride plate sometimes being too high when compared with the rest of the instruments around, and that takes some dimension from the music. Ihsahn must have been in a really inspired moment when he wrote the music and lyrics to this album.

Include this one as well.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=3117#8499

Death Metal Masterpiece! - 90%
Written by StoopidPreacher on April 8th, 2004

I hadnt really heard Vader much when I bought Revelations, but what I had heard I liked.

I put "Revelations" into the CD player expecting to hear a great death metal album with plenty of furious drumming and great guitar pieces, what I got was a masterpiece in death metal."Revelations" belongs to sit among "Black seeds of vengence", "Scream Bloody Gore" and "Temrinal Spirit Disease" as an album that will pass the test of time.

"The Code" is an amazing and unusually catchy track that beats the listeners face in with a death metal sledgehammer that only Vader could weild....from there there isnt a disappointing song on "Revelations". From beginning to end this album has very little in terms of flaws, and though I am sure there are some, this listener heard none, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this album over the last couple of years as I will again and again for years to come!

Exkretor wrote:

Tharamyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:49 am 

Wow, langstondrive's Demilich review is pretty fucking clueless. It meets the standards though.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:59 pm 

I incinerated Stoopid Preacher's Vader review, but left that 'Majestic Blackmetal' thing.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Faustcoven
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:01 am 

One day I hear about the Art of Noise Tour which is Nile's tour and it had Napalm Death on it. So I went but I never heard Nile's stuff but i have heard alot about them being a very good death metal band. I just said to myself I'll see when I hear them live. After all the good bands put on great show these four retards come out on stage, in all like 30 people are going crazy for them out of like maybe 500 people because alot of people left after Napalm. So then Nile starts playing their "genius" music and it was the worst shit I have ever heard in my whole life. The music was so boring my knees started to give out after maybe around 5 songs, then I left. After a while I was like "Okay maybe they aren't that good live...". So I downloaded some of their crap. And I only liked one song out of all the songs I got (I downloaded pretty much all of their albums). It was putting me to sleep! And where the fuck is all the Egyptian riffs!? I don't hear any of that in their music I just hear mindless riffing and deep grunts that I could make with my ass. Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" has more Egyptian riffs than any of Nile's shit. Even Amorphis's "Tales From The Thousand Lakes" has more Egyptian riffing. Come on people like good metal not this overrated fag shit.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=920

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:10 pm 

Faustcoven wrote:

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=920

That was posted here on the last page...but yeah, it's not a very good review.

Exkretor wrote:

Egregius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:40 pm 

I believe the consensus is that it sucks donkeynuts, but Boris seems to like it somehow.

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:48 pm 

Half of the review doesn't even apply to the album, and the other half is a lame as fuck generic description. BLITZ IT!!

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:07 pm 

If he's going to give it a 0% he should at least give a GOOD REASON WHY.

Exkretor wrote:

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:29 pm 

It's gone.

Janssen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:06 pm 

Eh - 83%
Written by HealthySonicDiet on December 14th, 2003

This is the third song from Master of Puppets and it doesn't do much for me. It just doesn't grab me by the throat and make me want to kill something or jump around. It's not really bad musically, as the album Master of Puppets collectively is their most technical to date, but it's a bit of a letdown after hearing the greatness of Battery and Master of Puppets. The chorus drags on at a very aggravating pace and the soloing is subpar. If I actually heard the song by itself, I would enjoy it more. It's certainly better than any of their newer songs(St. Anger era), but it's a bit average for old Metallica standards.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=22080#10786

This review wouldn't be that bad if the single he was reviewing was "The Thing That Should Not Be" Instead of "Welcome Home Sanitarium" which he obviously has it confused for...

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:31 pm 

Janssen wrote:
Eh - 83%
Written by HealthySonicDiet on December 14th, 2003

This is the third song from Master of Puppets and it doesn't do much for me. It just doesn't grab me by the throat and make me want to kill something or jump around. It's not really bad musically, as the album Master of Puppets collectively is their most technical to date, but it's a bit of a letdown after hearing the greatness of Battery and Master of Puppets. The chorus drags on at a very aggravating pace and the soloing is subpar. If I actually heard the song by itself, I would enjoy it more. It's certainly better than any of their newer songs(St. Anger era), but it's a bit average for old Metallica standards.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=22080#10786

This review wouldn't be that bad if the single he was reviewing was "The Thing That Should Not Be" Instead of "Welcome Home Sanitarium" which he obviously has it confused for...
OUCH!

BARD_Jean_Pierre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:44 am 

HAY GUYS! ALL OF SOULSEEKJAY'S REVIEWS ARE COMPLETELY FUCKING ANNOYING!!!!!11

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=44828#12684

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=39754#12684

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=44806#12684

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=21340#12684

Yes the reviews describe the music, but completely inaccurately most of the time. Actually read the reviews and you'll see just how obsolete they are.
Son don't hurt me only for that...ok!?!?!?!?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:57 pm 

Some people need to check the original post of this thread again...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

CandideCamera

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:11 am 

BARD_Jean_Pierre wrote:
HAY GUYS! ALL OF SOULSEEKJAY'S REVIEWS ARE COMPLETELY FUCKING ANNOYING!!!!!11

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=44828#12684

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=39754#12684

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=44806#12684

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=21340#12684

Yes the reviews describe the music, but completely inaccurately most of the time. Actually read the reviews and you'll see just how obsolete they are.
wow i don't know about the rest but the bottom one is really shitty, and i like TBDM. the thing that really bugs me is that ALL THE REVIEW TITLES ARE IN T3H CAPZ0RZ, CUZ COOL THAT IS REALLY!!!

Osmium
The Hateful Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:02 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=46#2575

Quote:
The Best Carcass Album Ever. - 100%
Written by Catacombs on July 30th, 2003

Pure and simple this is the best carcass album and grindcore album for that matter that you will find.
Jeff walkers volcals are his best ever,coarse and ear peircing,his dreads look fucking kick ass also.
The guitars are brutal as hell but they have managed to make it melodic adding Mike Amott as a second guitarist.
Steer and Amott often trade licks to make one huge motherfucker of a solo. The drums are really good as well ken owen often adding flurries of double bass kicks wich sounds great.

To sum it up Necroticism is a must have for any metal fan.
But in my opinion this should be in everyones cd collection.

This is quite lame for something he gave 100% to.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 239  Next