Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
anarchyroks666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:29 pm 

This is my first review. Help me.

I find it hard to specifically describe what I felt when I first heard this release. I think I would describe what I felt as a mix between joy at having found something so beautiful and melancholy at knowing there are very few bands out there that follow this formula (or at least that I know of). The first track opens with a nice little piano bit followed up by some guitars that create the main melody of the song. It is mostly symphonic in content with progressive elements and a melancholy atmosphere. The vocals are a little second rate in my opinion. The little bits that are wrong with this album pale in comparison, however, to the atmosphere that I can only describe as the vocalist looking back on his chaotic child hood (or at least that’s what I felt).

Another thing I find to be a defining feature about this album is that it is heavily influenced by Opeth. I couldn't tell you why but I would describe it as a modern day Opeth and the band Yes. Maybe it’s because of the heavy use of keyboards and progressive elements or maybe its the usage of clean vocals (they don't do as much clean singing as Opeth) or the acoustic passage that comes in at the middle of the first track. It is a very atmospheric and progressive EP and I love it.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:34 am 

Please, post here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16487
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.