Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
skullchrist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:55 pm 

This was my 'Reign In Blood' review that was rejected. I'm not going to change it but I thought some of you armchair Encyclopaedia Metallum academics and nit pickers would like to tell me why. This is a fucking metal site not a literary forum. It's completely asinine to reject this review. And yes I read the FAQ and the Rules to ensure I adhered to the specifications. I will never post anything on this site again:

'I was troubled by the percentage of this legendary and iconoclastic album when I was perusing the Slayer page and so was compelled to explain something to the whimpering Generation Zero maggots that would dare give this album anything other than the 100% is deserves.

This album is almost single handedly responsible for creating an entire genre of music and inspiring countless musicians and bands that now glut the scene and market. When this album was conjured upon the unsuspecting world it was a truly terrifying experience. I remember hearing this when it first came out and remember thinking that is was the most demonic, evil, satanic and pulverizing music I had ever heard. This was FUKCING 1986. There was no Venom campiness in this music, this music was not funny or comical. This album caused FEAR! It was unrepentant and unrelenting! This kind of impact is lost on the younger generations because they don’t understand how nearly impossible it was for a band that was patently the antithesis of the music industry to actually reach such a large audience. When they played the Warner Theater in DC for this tour the first 10 rows of seats were obliterated and they were band from ever playing there again. These were not fold out chairs, these were not comfy bean bag chairs, THEY WERE FUCKING METAL CHAIRS BOLTED TO THE FUCKING FLOOR! This is the kind fanaticism and frenzied chaos this album created. So when you speak of this album you better speak in hushed tones, reverence and respect! If you rate this album any thing other than 100% you deserve derision and scorn.'

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:57 pm 

Shut the fuck up.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.