Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Milk_Man22
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 am 

My band was recently accepted, when I returned a while later, our logo was changed and an outdated band picture was added (from our facebook page). None of the members (including myself) made any of these changes. Do moderators and/or admins reserve the right to edit the page without the original member knowing about it? And if a new band picture were to be uploaded to FB for example, how would one change the old band picture to a newer one?

Thanks for the help \m/

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 am 

Submitting a band grants you no special editorial control over the content. You need to be a member with a sufficiently high rank in order to edit existing fields of information.

If you can't modify something that needs to be changed/corrected, please file a report on the band page using the button titled "Report an Error". A user will answer the report eventually. :)

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 am 

Also, even if it's not just a band you've submitted, as Alhadis there assumes, but your official own band, it still grants you no special rights or authority over its entry, everybody can edit it. Just keep the logos and whatnot up to date on your FB profile, and someone will change them; filing a report is in any case the best method to make changes.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 am 

Napero wrote:
... as Alhadis there assumes

Didn't assume anything, mate. ;)

Anyway, yes, Napero's absolutely right. Even if it's your own band, we don't grant users any "special powers" in managing their own pages. Best you can do is file a report, as I said.

Feel free to PM me for updates at any time, though, it might be quicker (and I'd be happy to help). Don't go bugging just any user to do edits for you, though. :p

Reply to topic