Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
odinofasgard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm 

Hi I just got an email saying that I tried to add Justin Bieber as a band when I never did. I also looked at my account info and there's all this stuff about Justin Bieber which I can't take off. My account was hacked so I am trying to change my password but it says I don't have the proper credentials.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 pm 

You were banned. We have strict rules on sabotage and abuse by our users, especially when they submit bands for the "funnay". When you have an account with us (and pretty much the same rings true on almost all sites with similar accounts), you have the responsibility of ensuring that your account information (particularly your password) is changed when you feel it might have been compromised. You and only YOU are responsible for what actions occur when others use your account - whether they're friends, or family, or even strangers when you leave your account open on a public computer. Normally, because of that, we wouldn't and shouldn't unban you, because you failed (in some way) to maintain control over your account. However, I'm willing to pardon your ban, if you assure us that this wont happen again, and that you will - to your utmost ability - ensure that your account is never compromised or is used to break our rules again.

odinofasgard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 am 

Thank you, it definitely won't happen again. I have no idea who or how they got on to my account so I'll change my password as soon as possible. I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this.

Reply to topic