Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HeathenmetalleR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 am 

Dear everyone,

A while ago I posted my Post black metal project Melancholie, and was of course thinking of approval on the metal archives site. But to my surprise Melancholie was rejected due to it being labelled an 'ambient project, not metal'. If one listens only to a few songs by Melancholie, this misconception is understandable, as Melancholie does have quite a few ambient songs. However, it is still a Post black metal project and therefore has quite a few metal songs on the debut album. I hereby aim to prove melancholie's 'metalness'.

If one would listen to the following song, it was posted on youtube as a promotional video for the first fullength. the fullength was released physically, but I will prove that later. the following link will lead to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-oscn_kGU Indeed, the song has a lengthy, non-metal intro, but after about four minutes, the song progresses towards it's Post black metal part. If one would listen the entire song, one would draw the conclusion of this being indeed Metal.

Of course, there are more metal songs on the first fullength, samples of this can be found via the album sampler, also posted on youtube as promotion. The following link will lead to the sampler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryGkPJiYwtw And again, the sampler starts with a sample from an ambient song, as the first song on the album is and ambient composition, same goes for the last song. But the samples from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th song clearly show that Melancholie is indeed also a Post black metal project.

To prove that these songs have indeed been released, you can check the label Zwaertgevegt, check 'Releases' and then click on release 046: Melancholie - Verlangen. The coverart on the tape/physical release differs from the coverart used in the video, as the album was initially to be released as a CD, this has now become a tape release. It was released limited to 66 copies. A link to the Zwaertgevegt site: http://www.zwaertgevegt.blogspot.nl/

To prove that the songs on youtube posted by myself (as Melancholie is my project) are the same as the songs listed on the Zwaertgevegt site: the label Zwaertgevegt also posted the album sampler on youtube, first showing the tape coverart and then the same video I made for the album sampler. this video can be found via the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qNWf7Fz ... gQ&index=2 Again, the sampler starts with an ambient sample but later in the video you will hear Metal samples playing.

I hope, that after people have carefully read this post and viewed the evidence for Melancholie's 'metalness', that Melancholie will be approved in the archives. If still some pieces of the puzzle are missing, I would gladly like to hear it. To everyone that read this entire post: I thank you for your time and patience!

Kind regards, Robbert van Rumund

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:11 am 

Post here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985

HeathenmetalleR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am 

Done! I Hope I've done it right this time...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.