Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bradleythevoice
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm 

Hi Everyone
Right then, it's time to put matters straight. Having read the post from MadMetalMachine regarding why Amethyst should be removed from here I just want to add a few word of my own.
Firstly, the 7" single was done in 1987, it was done by the band in an attempt to make something more commercial and 'radio friendly' so it would be played on the radio stations it was sent to. It was a bad mistake, it was never played on any station and got bad press in Kerrang magazine also.
The demo's before and after were very much METAL, ask Azmodes, he has heard all the demo's, including the single.
In fact, ask MadMetalMachine, he ALSO has heard ALL the demo's and, basically, is acting like a child now because he uploaded all of them for people to download, didn't ask permission from the band and got rumbled!
How do I know this you may be asking? Simple, I WAS the singer with Amethyst and I sent him a copy of the demo's, plus the single, IN A PICTURE SLEEVE I might add!!
Obviously, he is now pissed off with me because I sent him a message saying he could have, at least, asked my permission to upload the demo's seeing as it was me that sent them FREE OF CHARGE because he genuinely seemed he was interested in what we'd done!!
It sickens me when people take advantage of others good nature only to piss on them and say "it's raining!".
Anyone who wants to view a full band bio on Amethyst, just visit our page, I submitted it plus a complete list of all our demo's we did too, all the info is there in black and white and it's straight from the horses mouth!!!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 pm 

Yes, I can confirm that the band is metal, having listened to the demo compilation. (thanks again, Brad, by the way)

It should be common knowledge by now that MadMetalMachine is a childish idiot who is very proficient at talking out of his ass and must not be taken seriously.

Not really much more to say here. The band is valid in every way and will stay.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 pm 

Thank you for providing your input on this case. Your band would not have been removed; Azmodes was able to clarify that the discography was released and is metal. MadMetalMachine was completely wrong in his assessment of the situation, and was treated as such. I am also sorry to hear that he took advantage of your kindness and hospitality when it came to you providing him with your material. If there is any positive note that might come out of this, it may very well be that your band may (hopefully) gain some awareness in spite of this.

Reply to topic