Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:28 pm 

This is getting a little overwhelming, and I felt the need to complain. Though the mods do a tremendous job, I think maybe the law of not posting multiple threads regarding the same topics should be reiterated, or atleast strengthen the rate of warnings given out to these people. I understand that most people doing it on the forum are new, and either don't realize that they can search for the topic they wish to post, just to make sure it hasn't been done recently, or are wanting to contribute to MA's vast list of conversation pieces, but they need to understand that multiple threads dealing with the same topic can make otherwise creative and untouched subject matter get jumbled up in the infinite list of threads.

Several threads dealing with the same concept also thin out the over all discussion, making posters jump from thread to thread, trying to locate the particular conversation they are trying to find. For example, when there are three topics dealing with metal vests, it's hard to keep up with a coherent flow of the conversation. Also, people wanting to beef up their post numbers feel compelled to repost in all threads their opinion, which only keeps all of the relatively same NPs at the top of the topic list. Example, see how many threads are in the metal discussion dealing with the best albums of 2011, or the most anticipated albums of 2012.

I know the mods do alot to keep the flow of information on the site pretty clean and ongoing, I just wanted to an address an issue I have been having as of late. If any of the mods feel as though I am overreacting then I am sincerely apologetic. I just always find myself compelled to complain in the threads that I am talking about, but obviously that is counter productive, so I assumed this to be the better route. Thankyou for your time.

AH

My Ebay Store

Reply to topic