Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MutantClannfear
Veteran

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 3034
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:51 pm 
 

Quick question for one of the mods: if I add a band as a similar artist is it transferred over to the other artist's page?

For example, I just voted in favor of Sunn O))) being similar to Earth. Will this one point of my vote automatically be used on Sunn O)))'s own similar artists page to put one point in favor of Earth? Likewise, if Sunn O))) got five points and thus became a similar artist for Earth, would Earth automatically become a similar artist for Sunn O)))?
_________________
GLASS SHRINE - mellow major-key black metal
THE OUTER RIM - genre-fuck exquisite corpse avant-garde metal

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:58 pm 
 

MutantClannfear wrote:
For example, I just voted in favor of Sunn O))) being similar to Earth. Will this one point of my vote automatically be used on Sunn O)))'s own similar artists page to put one point in favor of Earth? Likewise, if Sunn O))) got five points and thus became a similar artist for Earth, would Earth automatically become a similar artist for Sunn O)))?

Nope, though I think it should.

Top
 Profile  
ToDreamOfUr
The Boy King of All Village Idiots

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 676
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 pm 
 

I don't know why there is this much hate, I think this new site is fantastic. Improves on everything of the original and adds more useful and enjoyable features, and the whole look of it is more comfortable as well. Those involved with the creation have done a great job.
_________________
Welcome to hell... WELCOME TO THE BURNING OF SOULS! - Aeon.

Top
 Profile  
SwarteHeap
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 410
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:16 pm 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
MutantClannfear wrote:
For example, I just voted in favor of Sunn O))) being similar to Earth. Will this one point of my vote automatically be used on Sunn O)))'s own similar artists page to put one point in favor of Earth? Likewise, if Sunn O))) got five points and thus became a similar artist for Earth, would Earth automatically become a similar artist for Sunn O)))?

Nope, though I think it should.


I don't think it should. Like I said earlier, as an example, Wigrid is similar to Burzum but Burzum isn't similar to Wigrid. (A clone band is very similar to the band it clones, but that shouldn't earn it a place on that band's page.)

Top
 Profile  
Bonged
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:49 pm
Posts: 423
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:27 pm 
 

For the labels, a ton of them aren't even real labels they are just made up ones for bands self-released stuff, therefore should not even exist.

Just my opinion.

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Veteran

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 3034
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:30 pm 
 

SwarteHeap wrote:
I don't think it should. Like I said earlier, as an example, Wigrid is similar to Burzum but Burzum isn't similar to Wigrid. (A clone band is very similar to the band it clones, but that shouldn't earn it a place on that band's page.)

Point taken, but I still think it'd be more efficient to mirror all the points for similar artists for the sake of convenience.

Bonged wrote:
For the labels, a ton of them aren't even real labels they are just made up ones for bands self-released stuff, therefore should not even exist.

Just my opinion.

Also this. The users need to go through the labels and clean out the ones with names like "S/T Productions".
_________________
GLASS SHRINE - mellow major-key black metal
THE OUTER RIM - genre-fuck exquisite corpse avant-garde metal

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 12474
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:16 am 
 

Bonged wrote:
For the labels, a ton of them aren't even real labels they are just made up ones for bands self-released stuff, therefore should not even exist.

Well duh. The label list has been generated from v1 data. A lot of them are duplicates, and a lot of them are "dummy" labels representing self-released stuff, as you said. Fortunately, we mods have merging tools to take care of that. If you see a dummy label page that represents independent bands or releases, feel free to report them and we'll clean it up.

A LOT of manual cleanup is required for the labels. This was expected due to the poor quality of the messy, non-standardized data being carried over from v1.

ToDreamOfUr wrote:
I don't know why there is this much hate, I think this new site is fantastic. Improves on everything of the original and adds more useful and enjoyable features, and the whole look of it is more comfortable as well. Those involved with the creation have done a great job.

Thank you. :) I appreciate the constructive criticism and all, but sometimes it's really refreshing to see flat-out praise. Makes it all worth it!

MutantClannfear wrote:
Quick question for one of the mods: if I add a band as a similar artist is it transferred over to the other artist's page?

No. I'm still not sure if it should or not... At the moment I'm leaving it this way.

GraveWish wrote:
I can already see the mess caused by the fact that the line-up should be re-added by users in V2 for instance check Cannibal Corpse's page.
What's wrong with it?
_________________
Von Cichlid wrote:
I work with plenty of Oriental and Indian persons and we get along pretty good, and some females as well.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Top
 Profile  
BlastManStanding
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:18 am
Posts: 455
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 am 
 

V2 looks great, guys... Now I can check here for upcoming releases instead of those other half-assed "metal" sites :D Also like that it totalled up my metal collection. I've always been curious but never had the patience to count them myself.
_________________
Facebook
My band

Top
 Profile  
ngwoo
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 531
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:51 am 
 

What are the odds that clicking the logo in the top-left could take us back to the archives home page instead of the main forum page? There's already a forum index link close by.

Top
 Profile  
Rivers
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 am
Posts: 19
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:05 am 
 

Napero wrote:
Definitely not. You have a good point there.

Trust me, the data is going to be just fine in two months from now. We have some very hard-working mammals around, with plenty of knowledge and drive.



My intention is not to piss off the administrators, but contribute the improvement of the web page.

Top
 Profile  
Rivers
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 am
Posts: 19
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
ToDreamOfUr wrote:
I don't know why there is this much hate, I think this new site is fantastic. Improves on everything of the original and adds more useful and enjoyable features, and the whole look of it is more comfortable as well. Those involved with the creation have done a great job.

Thank you. :) I appreciate the constructive criticism and all, but sometimes it's really refreshing to see flat-out praise. Makes it all worth it!


I hope my criticism had not ruined your satisfaction about the new design. As I said, now rhw page looks great, 1 looks very old fashioned.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 4010
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 am 
 

Just thought I'd throw my 2-cents in into this fountain:

Whenever I encounter a band member whose line-up features bands not listed on MA, I make sure to add them to the artist's Trivia section, generally along the lines of:
Also played in:
- Band A, Band B, Band C, etc...

So in future, when the exhausted admins DO get around to implementing this feature, the information will still be readily accessible. And for the time being, the legacy line-ups aren't going anywhere. Especially not this early.


Last edited by Alhadis on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
gojko88
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:30 am
Posts: 448
Location: Serbia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:40 am 
 

v1 = temple of metal
v2 = pantheon of metal

Excellent work, I've been visiting much more during the last couple of days just to enjoy the new layout and look up random information.

Top
 Profile  
Norrmania
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:42 am
Posts: 1082
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:09 am 
 

First just wanted to say awesome job with the new website. I loved the old one of course, and this site has always been a great source of info, but the layout of this one has so much more potential for housing more info, I think.

I do have a very small suggestion about the reviews tab. Under the reviews tab the albums are in alphabetical order instead of the chronological order of the discography. I dunno, it just seems a bit disjointed to me that way when comparing it to the discography, especially when checking out a band that I might not be as familiar with the discography. I think it would make it easier to navigate that section. I only say this because I actually really like the idea of the review tab in addition to having the link to all an album's reviews in the discography. I like having both options. Anyways, if the chronological order thing isn't possible, that's cool. Just thought I'd suggest it.

Top
 Profile  
Jakko
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 am 
 

The work is kinda disorganized, some pages are updated but not fully for line-ups, past members not added, only current line-ups and checking 75000 bands to see if everything is perfectly updated is impossible

ex: Enthroned line-up 3 members added now, only, drummer missing, no past members

can any user update info or still just veterans??

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 226319
President Satan

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am
Posts: 6571
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:17 am 
 

Just let me know when all the new info is up. :)

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 am 
 

Jakko wrote:
ex: Enthroned line-up 3 members added now, only, drummer missing, no past members

can any user update info or still just veterans??

Only veterans can edit info, but in your example a non-veteran would be able to add the drummer and the past members. ;)

Top
 Profile  
SwarteHeap
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 410
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 pm 
 

Maybe it would be a good idea to delete the legacy lineup (or otherwise mark it) for a band, after the v2 lineup fields have been verified and okayed by a moderator? Then you could have a page that lists only bands that still have the legacy lineup, so eventually things will get done. Of course this is assuming the old lineups were 100% accurate. It would be nice if we could somehow cite sources, oh well.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:22 pm 
 

SwarteHeap wrote:
Maybe it would be a good idea to delete the legacy lineup (or otherwise mark it) for a band, after the v2 lineup fields have been verified and okayed by a moderator? Then you could have a page that lists only bands that still have the legacy lineup, so eventually things will get done. Of course this is assuming the old lineups were 100% accurate.

Yes, we already have some plans for it.

Top
 Profile  
Rivers
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 am
Posts: 19
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:56 pm 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
SwarteHeap wrote:
Maybe it would be a good idea to delete the legacy lineup (or otherwise mark it) for a band, after the v2 lineup fields have been verified and okayed by a moderator? Then you could have a page that lists only bands that still have the legacy lineup, so eventually things will get done. Of course this is assuming the old lineups were 100% accurate.

Yes, we already have some plans for it.


Oh, yes, I think this is a very good idea...

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 12474
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:19 pm 
 

Rivers wrote:
I hope my criticism had not ruined your satisfaction about the new design. As I said, now rhw page looks great, 1 looks very old fashioned.

No it hasn't, don't worry about it.

Jakko wrote:
The work is kinda disorganized, some pages are updated but not fully for line-ups, past members not added, only current line-ups and checking 75000 bands to see if everything is perfectly updated is impossible

Geez, the new site's been up for less 2 days... give it time, will ya? Those 75000 bands weren't added in one day either. ;) I suspect that within a few months, most line-ups will be pretty complete.
_________________
Von Cichlid wrote:
I work with plenty of Oriental and Indian persons and we get along pretty good, and some females as well.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Top
 Profile  
PathoFaust
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 pm 
 

Well, checked out the new version of Metallum and got to say so far that its not good. First of all, when you search for a band, it takes forever to load the information page. The old site was nearly instantaneous. I hope this is only temporary, because it is definitely a problem. Also, what happened to the big beautiful band picture and logo? Now its reduced to a smaller, off to the side one. That sucks. Band info is now in tabs, which I guess is ok, but it was nice to have it all in front of you. I suppose I will get used to it, but the load speeds have to go back to normal, or the site will never be awesome as it always was.

And yes, I use Firefox.

Please take these comments into consideration and fix some stuff.

Top
 Profile  
KerberosOfHades
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 485
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 pm 
 

Everything's loading instantaneously for me.

Also, if you had read the main page: "Please note that we are still testing out this new server, so performance might not be optimal just yet. We will work out all the performance tweaks during the next few days."
_________________
BastardHead wrote:
Haikus are dang sweet
but I suck at them. Penis.
I ran out of words.

Top
 Profile  
PathoFaust
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:26 pm 
 

There is a new problem I have now noticed. The split albums. The splits only list the tracklist, but no mention of who the track belongs to. The old version had something like this: Tracks 1-10 band 1, Tracks 11-20 band 2, and so on.....

This needs to be fixed because this really messes with the whole point of making a site better. If you do away with valuable information like this, then the site is not getting better, only worse.

Please fix!!!

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:29 pm 
 

PathoFaust wrote:
There is a new problem I have now noticed. The split albums. The splits only list the tracklist, but no mention of who the track belongs to. The old version had something like this: Tracks 1-10 band 1, Tracks 11-20 band 2, and so on.....

Looks fine to me:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... way/111142

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 12474
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:43 pm 
 

Using this as the official feedback thread now. I'm going to merge some more posts with this one, sorry for the mess, but it should be easier for us developers from now on.
_________________
Von Cichlid wrote:
I work with plenty of Oriental and Indian persons and we get along pretty good, and some females as well.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Top
 Profile  
HellBlazer
Veteran

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 3493
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 pm 
 

yentass wrote:
Never ran into a case where HTML entities were anything but helpful


Yeah? And how do you search for strings containing HTML entities? No, Svarteheap is right, never use HTML entities from now on.

Top
 Profile  
nex666
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:36 am
Posts: 1095
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:52 pm 
 

Hey, I don't know if this has already been bought up, but I think there's a tiny issue, hopefully easy to fix:

The "ZOOM" Icon.

It seems that you should be able to just click on the actual title to view anything, not have to click on a tiny little zoom icon, it doesn't really make sense and I never click it first time.

EG:
Image
_________________
--

Top
 Profile  
PathoFaust
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 pm 
 

Okay, here is a case in point for the split albums problem:

http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... ure/281949

No mention of whose song is whose!!!!!
Here is another:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... ace/209464

Yeah, I know its only Lymphatic Phlegm, but at least its an example

Top
 Profile  
sofeshue
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:38 am
Posts: 254
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 pm 
 

A bug that I reported on the locked thread.
I added three tracks to this album: http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... xon/300881 (original entry has 11 tracks, should have 14 tracks). After I saved it, the last three tracks appeared twice.

Top
 Profile  
sofeshue
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:38 am
Posts: 254
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm 
 

PathoFaust wrote:
Okay, here is a case in point for the split albums problem:

http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... ure/281949

No mention of whose song is whose!!!!!
Here is another:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... ace/209464

Yeah, I know its only Lymphatic Phlegm, but at least its an example


The information if in the Additional Notes tab.

Top
 Profile  
ksevile
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 pm
Posts: 1632
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm 
 

Just a quick question about etiquette with the report system. Is it OK to mark an issue as resolved yourself when it HAS been already resolved by another user (though they did not mark it as resolved after amending the issue)? I've seen 5 or 6 instances of users not marking issues as resolved when they've fixed them already.

Secondly, the "Request a moderator's attention on this report" check-box can be used to report issues that solely moderators themselves have the ability to fix, right (ie certain fields on the individual artist pages)? This might be wrong, but I think that field is intended for that and also in instances wherein a moderator's judgement is needed to reach a decision, especially on more important updates/issues.
_________________
Instinct is no match for reason.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 pm 
 

PathoFaust wrote:
Okay, here is a case in point for the split albums problem:

http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... ure/281949

No mention of whose song is whose!!!!!
Here is another:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... ace/209464

Yeah, I know its only Lymphatic Phlegm, but at least its an example

Those are Legacy split that need to be re-added.


ksevile wrote:
Just a quick question about etiquette with the report system. Is it OK to mark an issue as resolved yourself when it HAS been already resolved by another user (though they did not mark it as resolved after amending the issue)? I've seen 5 or 6 instances of users not marking issues as resolved when they've fixed them already.

Yes

Quote:
This might be wrong, but I think that field is intended for that and also in instances wherein a moderator's judgement is needed to reach a decision, especially on more important updates/issues.

That's alright.


Last edited by Evenfiel on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Thumbman

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 4372
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:52 pm 
 

Before, on your profile for the forum, there was a link to the profile that had your points and reviews. It doesn't seem to do that on version 2. I found it very useful and convenient.

Top
 Profile  
LegendMaker
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1710
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:54 pm 
 

Hello,

Congratulations and thanks for your hard work on this global improvement of the site! :metal:

Now, on to a few issues/questions/suggestions that sprung to mind while browsing it and, more importantly, while trying to humbly contribute to filling the new fields, more specifically the line-up ones. I've been doing this for Helloween for about a couple of hours, and I'm not quite finished or satisfied (by my own mistakes on top of what I'm about to bring up). Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'd rather get some advice before trying to fix/improve it any further.

1/ Complete the line-up field for just one release, and you get one point for each band member? :scratch:

Before starting adding line-ups to individual Helloween releases (2 hours ago), I had a total of one point. I've just checked and I now have 78 of them! I'm not sure how they're counted exactly, but it seems a tad much to me, especially if the other point ratios remain unchanged. Beyond the fact that I'm now unwillingly looking like a "point whore", if this isn't fixed soon, you might want to prepare for the upcoming arrival of a shitload of overnight "veteran users"...

Question: Is there no other way to enter line-ups for individual releases, except one line at a time? I don't really have an issue with having to select, click "Edit" and complete the line-up screen for each release individually. I do, however, dislike the fact that each line in each line-up is treated as a separate update. It's likely at least in part responsible for the system currently giving away so many points for these updates, and on top of that it sort of defeats the purpose of the whole "don't do tiny edits one at a time" philosophy, doesn't it?

2/ As a non-veteran (I suppose), you can add members to the line-up, but you can't edit/delete them. You can't move them around either. :???:

So for instance, when I realized I forgot Roland Grapow in the line-up for Pink Bubbles, the only thing I could do to make up for it was adding him after the bassist, and I can't fix the order; while not ideal, it's not a huge problem, I know. How about when I accidentally entered "Vocals" for Weiki's role on Windmill? Now that it's done, I can't fix it myself. Neither can I fix whoever's wrong/misleading entry of Kai Hansen's role as "Guitars, Vocals" for Heading... and Insanity..., among others.

I suppose/know a similar issue already existed with the previous version of the site, but with the otherwise very user-friendly way the Line-Up feature works, it's much more frustrating, possibly for both myself (or anyone in a similar position) and the mods. Shall a formal report be sent every time there's a typo, slight mistake or other tiny detail entered, even by accident? I'm afraid the mods working the reports queue will start hating my guts real quick, if I do that. Of course, if I'm to reach "veteran status" after completing a couple of bands' line-ups, then this won't be a problem for long... :lol:

Suggestion: Could you add a "Draft" screen in between the moment I click on "Edit Line-Up" and the moment I've added the whole line-up? Ideally with a "Submit" button, much like a forum post? The current way each band member's entry takes effect instantly and is impossible to change after that (again, for non-veterans) isn't really practical, and I feel it makes mishaps much more likely to happen, especially after a few releases in a row. I'd have a lot less pressure and I think it'll be much easier to do with a draft beforehand.

3/ You have to search for each band member individually, for each and every release? :ugh:

Well, at least adding a musician to the line-up of a release automatically adds said release to the musician's page, which is nice. But wouldn't it be even nicer if you could select the releases from the musician's page? And/or if you had, say a drop-down menu with the existing band members from the band's page when you click on "Edit Line-up" for one of this band's releases? I'm not sure how much work this would require to implement, but let's just say having to type each member's name in the "Search" box for each release is a bit tedious.

4/ What about line-ups for Split releases?

I've read that split entries are now handled far better by the system than they used to, which is great, but how about the line-up? I don't see any difference between the "Line-Up" screen of, say the 'Death Metal' sampler and a regular album. So as of now, especially considering what I mentioned above, I'm reluctant to even try to add anything there...

Thanks for your time and, again, for this great upgrade! Sorry for the big ass post. I might continue adding the line-ups until told otherwise. Please feel free to remove the ridiculous amount of points I "earn" this way as you see fit. Please let me know if I should send a report for the mistakes mentioned above, or if there's a better solution. Also, please note that I have no intention to practice "point-whoring".
_________________
Osore wrote:
I would like to hear some recommendations of black metal bands/albums that sound depressive, yet sad and melancholic at the same time.


Last edited by LegendMaker on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 pm 
 

dystopia4 wrote:
Before, on your profile for the forum, there was a link to the profile that had your points and reviews. It doesn't seem to do that on version 2. I found it very useful and convenient.

Wrong thread.

Quote:
A bug that I reported on the locked thread.
I added three tracks to this album: http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/albums/ ... xon/300881 (original entry has 11 tracks, should have 14 tracks). After I saved it, the last three tracks appeared twice.

I fixed it. Report it again if something similar happens.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 pm 
 

LegendMaker wrote:
Before starting adding line-ups to individual Helloween releases (2 hours ago), I had a total of one point. I've just checked and I now have 78 of them! I'm not sure how they're counted exactly, but it seems a tad much to me, especially if the other point ratios remain unchanged. Beyond the fact that I'm now unwillingly looking like a "point whore", if this isn't fixed soon, you might want to prepare for the upcoming arrival of a shitload of overnight "veteran users"...

Now you need 1000 points to become a veteran, not 500. This was probably one of the reasons behind the change.

Quote:
2/ As a non-veteran (I suppose), you can add members to the line-up, but you can't edit/delete them. You can't move them around either. :???:

That's correct. If you commit a mistake, send a report.

Quote:
Suggestion: Could you add a "Draft" screen in between the moment I click on "Edit Line-Up" and the moment I've added the whole line-up? Ideally with a "Submit" button, much like a forum post? The current way each band member's entry takes effect instantly and is impossible to change after that (again, for non-veterans) isn't really practical, and I feel it makes mishaps much more likely to happen, especially after a few releases in a row. I'd have a lot less pressure and I think it'll be much easier to do with a draft beforehand.

Interesting idea. I dunno if it can happen.

Quote:
3/ You have to search for each band member individually, for each and every release? :ugh:

Yes, it sucks. We'll look into a way to make the process less tedious.

Quote:
I've read that split entries are now handled far better by the system than they used to, which is great, but how about the line-up?

Yeah, we'll need to tweak those. It doesn't look so good at the moment, but you should add line-ups for splits just as if you were dealing with any other album.

Thanks for the output and enjoy the site! ;)


Last edited by Evenfiel on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
LegendMaker
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1710
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 pm 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
Thanks for the output and enjoy the site! ;)

Thanks your quick and nice reply! All duly noted. I'll at least try to send one report per band, with all the line-up mistakes regrouped, to make it more practical for us both. Cheers! :)
_________________
Osore wrote:
I would like to hear some recommendations of black metal bands/albums that sound depressive, yet sad and melancholic at the same time.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6145
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm 
 

LegendMaker wrote:
Evenfiel wrote:
Thanks for the output and enjoy the site! ;)

Thanks your quick and nice reply! All duly noted. I'll at least try to send one report per band, with all the line-up mistakes regrouped, to make it more practical for us both. Cheers! :)

No! It's much more practical if the reports are not grouped, otherwise we need to enter the band's page, search for the albums and so on. It's way faster for us if you send one report for each album.

Top
 Profile  
LegendMaker
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1710
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:35 pm 
 

Oh, I see... Okay, I'll do just that, then. Thanks again! :metal:
_________________
Osore wrote:
I would like to hear some recommendations of black metal bands/albums that sound depressive, yet sad and melancholic at the same time.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EpicDismemberment and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group