Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PaganiusI
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:23 am 

Hey there,

I just made some changes to the lineup of XIV Dark Centuries based on a facebook post they released earlier this day. Now I came across a problem. It is unknown when Tobald aka Celler left the band so it shows "Guitars 2000-present; Guitars 2017-present".

I tried it with "~" since that works for bands, but apparantly the field is too short and "?" is not a numeric entry. I searched a little in the help space and the forum, but haven't found a solution.

How does this site handle these cases? What to enter? Would be great if that could make its way into the "Help" section even though it might be a rare case.

++++++

While I'm here, I made a report earlier this year for the Imperium Dekadenz/Vargsheim split, because there is no band credited for track number 3. (see report with sources here). Since that report hasn't been closed yet, I assume you're not too sure about how to handle that either. Just wanted to ask if there are news about that (and to create a post for people with similar issues) :)

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
Hey there,

I just made some changes to the lineup of XIV Dark Centuries based on a facebook post they released earlier this day. Now I came across a problem. It is unknown when Tobald aka Celler left the band so it shows "Guitars 2000-present; Guitars 2017-present".

I tried it with "~" since that works for bands, but apparantly the field is too short and "?" is not a numeric entry. I searched a little in the help space and the forum, but haven't found a solution.

How does this site handle these cases? What to enter? Would be great if that could make its way into the "Help" section even though it might be a rare case.

Guitars (2000-?, 2017-present)
This is how I do it. It's the clearest and cleanest way you can enter the data until further info is known. Appearance-wise, it looks consistent with the general layout. Others do it differently, though.

PaganiusI
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 pm 

That's indeed pretty smart! Thanks, will save that somewhere.

Azmodes
Est un Satananas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 pm 

Yeah, unfortunately wildcards do not work for lineups (it's been requested, however). I use Antioch's method, it's not exactly pretty, but it's preferable to the alternatives and gets the job done.

About the report, how's this look? :)

PaganiusI
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 pm 

Azmodes wrote:

Looks fine to me :)

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:40 pm 

Azmodes wrote:

Definitely more accurate especially with the note. However, having thought about it, here's a wacky suggestion:
How about we list 4 tracks only and add a note saying there's an uncredited intermezzo titled "...in die Tiefe" in between the two band's tracks? I could also add a collage of both the front and back cover (vertically aligned) in this particular case.

Azmodes
Est un Satananas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:46 pm 

I'd prefer to keep it in the tracklist, honestly. It's listed on the backcover and even assigned a numeric value.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:49 pm 

Yes, sir. :)

Reply to topic