Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
maeglinTheDarkElf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 2:33 am 

Hell-o metal brothers,

I am a metalhead software developer, me and friends of mine during weekend do a thing called "Thrash dinner", in which we go to an isolated place and drink beer, eat chips, listen to the metal and play games.
Those games goes from the "drink each time during a manowar song you listen to 'Power' 'Sword' 'King' 'Die' 'Metal' " to one where we choose a random letter and each of us in turn has to name a band starting with this letter. The source of truth of this game (to verify bands one state to know but the others not for example) we use Metal Archives, of course.

Since I am a software developer I would like to create an app called "Thrash Dinner" (I am opened to less trivial name suggestions) that is basically a tech tool for each one of these games we do during a thrash dinner, to help making the games smoother and easier with the help of technology.

To do this I was wondering if Metal Archives provides public API for its database, just to query, talking about simple GET APIs. Are they hidden somewhere? Do they have some documentation or a GitHub Repo as implementation example? Because I haven't been able to find them.
If they are not present as public, could the MA considering the idea of exposing public GET APIs to help integration and development of third party tools and app based on this great site?

Thank you brothers of metal!
To Valhalla!

- maeglinTheElf

Reply to topic