Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:08 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Here Comes the Kraken was accepted back in the day, and then (rightfully) deleted in the Great Core Purge when it was decided they weren't predominately metal. Since then they've apparently become a nu metal band (I haven't heard any of the stuff because I don't hate myself quite enough), so yeah, they're definitely not going to be earning reentry any time soon, sorry.

That's a shame, I actually thought that they were a decent deathcore band aside from the exaggerated breakdowns. They had some pretty cool riffs that my roommate has played for me. It's fine though, I was just curious because I couldn't find much on why they were rejected before. Also, I'd like to hear more about this "Great Core Purge," which made me laugh after I read those three words.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:18 pm 

Long story short, a lot of deathcore was added on to the site back in the day when it first started exploding. A year or so later, the owners and mods agreed that it'd gotten out of control and there were tons and tons of unacceptable bands on the site, and so there was a reevaluation of several bands and many big ones got the boot (namely Suicide Silence, that's the one that seems to haunt users still). Some non-deathcore but still -core bands that were on the site disappeared around this time too, with Between the Buried and Me being the most controversial. But that's really all there is to it, it wasn't some great public crusade with tons of great stories behind it.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 pm 

This is aimed toward Zodijackyl, since he did the rejection. In regards to Your Son is Dead, the release was not valid (didn't even notice it was streaming only), but I'm curious if it met the requirements music-wise. I was unsure about the metal/core ratio.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:29 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
This is aimed toward Zodijackyl, since he did the rejection. In regards to Your Son is Dead, the release was not valid (didn't even notice it was streaming only), but I'm curious if it met the requirements music-wise. I was unsure about the metal/core ratio.

Assuming I'm remembering the right band - I only listened to about half of it, but it was borderline. It sounded like Converge with some Napalm Death 90s groove/grind, the latter mostly in the sound and vocals. I'm inclined to say it was a bit too much on the side of chaotic hardcore, but very metallic.

Charlo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:07 pm 

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, the search function didn't turn up anything.

The band Nergard (Norway) is blacklisted, presumably because people were adding them before their album came out. It came out on iTunes on April 22 (https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/memor ... d621976321) so it seems like they should be acceptable now.

Here's their Facebook for further reference: https://www.facebook.com/nergardmusic

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 am 

Charlo wrote:
The band Nergard (Norway) is blacklisted, presumably because people were adding them before their album came out.

Aaaand you'd be wrong. :p They were blacklisted for being "melodic hard rock". ;) They were assessed in late March, so I can't imagine there's been a very sudden, radical change in style since then.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:22 am 

L.A. black metal band Blackdeath has been nuked. Enough doubt about this band and their discography has been raised. No evidence at all, submitted by bandmember, no second or third hand supporting information, no useable links turning up. Even if at least some of the discography is floating around for download, it would not qualify as either valid physical release or valid digital release.

If the bandmember ever wants to try again, he'd have to make a very convincing submission.

Charlo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Charlo wrote:
The band Nergard (Norway) is blacklisted, presumably because people were adding them before their album came out.

Aaaand you'd be wrong. :p They were blacklisted for being "melodic hard rock". ;) They were assessed in late March, so I can't imagine there's been a very sudden, radical change in style since then.

Seriously? Oh well. You would be right that they haven't changed much in the intervening weeks. ;)

Northik
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 am 

Hi there, I tried to submitt the band Apocynthion some time ago but I didn't have any physical proof, so you guys rejected it,. So I waited some time and contacted the band to get a picture, they sent me one and when I tried to re-submitt the band with the proof it said it was blacklisted, I thought someone else tried to submitt the band too without the evidence, but apparently it was rejected because of "metalness"
The band is definitely metal, it is mixed with other genres like Alcest or Lantlos, but one of the main elements is still metal
You guys can listen to growls and distorted guitars in any of their songs. I think it's a great band and should be on MA
So here are some songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKc5BAkTrB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43rdAuda9RQ

Last edited by Northik on Wed May 01, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pestilence85
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 am 

Hi guys,

I tried to submit the band Kaliage (Italy), but it was rejected because it seems not to be "metal" enough.

This is a quote from the email you sent me:
Quote:
Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum.

Please reconsider your opion because the band's sound is really similar to Isis's, The Ocean Collective's, Callisto's, Intronaut's, Leprous's or Gojira's one.
Maybe I used the wrong genre definition...

Here there are some links, please listen to the song and judge yourself:
http://www.reverbnation.com/kaliage
http://soundcloud.com/kaliage
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaliageitaly/videos

Thank you.

andrescnk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm 

My band was blacklisted by a mistake of mine, now i can´t add it, and the name was blacklisted, what i have to do to reenter my band ????

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 pm 

andrescnk wrote:
My band was blacklisted by a mistake of mine, now i can´t add it, and the name was blacklisted, what i have to do to reenter my band ????

It would help if you listed the name of your band.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Malediktum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 am 

Azmodes wrote:
We accept a few side-projects of bigger, well-known bands/musicians within the metal scene that seem relevant and justified to include in a metal database.

Hi! I had added band but it was previously rejected for the following reason: "This is a side project of who? Notable for what?"
Band members are also playing or played in metal bands. These metal-bands are in database of site, but its are young relatively and aren't so notable on the world level. Sorry, may be, I just don't understand the rules in full. Must bands be notable on global level?

Last edited by Malediktum on Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 am 

Malediktum wrote:
Must bands be notable on global level?

Yes.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:50 pm 

Northik wrote:
Hi there, I tried to submitt the band Apocynthion some time ago but I didn't have any physical proof, so you guys rejected it,. So I waited some time and contacted the band to get a picture, they sent me one and when I tried to re-submitt the band with the proof it said it was blacklisted, I thought someone tried to submitt the band too because of the evidence, but apparently it was because of "metalness"
The band is definitely metal, it is mixed with other genres like Alcest or Lantlos, but one of the main elements is still metal
You guys can listen to growls and distorted guitars in any of their songs. I think it's a great band and should be on MA
So here are some songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKc5BAkTrB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43rdAuda9RQ

This was addressed a few pages back:
Zodijackyl wrote:
Sounds like post-rock to me, I don't hear any metal guitar riffing in there. Not at all metal, the distorted/growled sections are basically the same thing as the clean sections but with growls and distortion as an aesthetic, there aren't any metal riffs in there.

(I agree.)

pestilence85 wrote:
Hi guys,

I tried to submit the band Kaliage (Italy), but it was rejected because it seems not to be "metal" enough.

This is a quote from the email you sent me:
Quote:
Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum.

Please reconsider your opion because the band's sound is really similar to Isis's, The Ocean Collective's, Callisto's, Intronaut's, Leprous's or Gojira's one.
Maybe I used the wrong genre definition...

Here there are some links, please listen to the song and judge yourself:
http://www.reverbnation.com/kaliage
http://soundcloud.com/kaliage
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaliageitaly/videos

Thank you.

Blacklist says "Post-rock/alternative". Don't know about the post-rock tag, but it does sound much more based in rock than in metal.

Alex_Carnifex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm 

I would like to know your intentions for blacklisting Suicide Silence. They lean to a death metal/extreme metal sound, with some hardcore influence. They revolutionized the sound for the recent flood of new deathcore/metalcore bands since the early past decade. The vocals are definitely not hardcore punk. Those are death growls and mid/highs. Their specialty is the blast beat. This isn't any two-stepping hardcore punk band. They also use thrash metal and death metal guitar riffs. To say that they are a hardcore punk band is false, and I know how much this music is disrespected and frowned upon in the "more brutal than thou" metal community, but that should not justify their exclusion.

"Suicide Silence is an American extreme metal band from Riverside, California. Formed in 2002, the band has released three full-length studio albums, one EP and seven music videos." -GOOGLE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnxaZNUyFGI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbo5GZEl_w

"We are a heavy metal band." -Mitch Lucker

This segregation needs to stop. Just because you don't like a certain sub-genre, doesn't mean that it's not metal. The times change, and they will always be changing. In an ignorant, pessimistic view such as yours, metal is sinking into submission as decades pass. In my view, along with the millions of international fans', metal has been given a new rebirth into this generation, denying the atrocious forms of pop and rap that have plagued most. This is a new wave of metal, and whether you like it or not, it will live on, for it helps us cope with the burden of the bleak future ahead of us. Stop calling these 21st century metal bands with breakdowns "hardcore punk." It's not.

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:41 pm 

I think Suicide Silence is metal too. not only breakdowns or chug chug.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:52 pm 

There's a difference between hardcore and hardcore punk, and anybody calling Suicide Silence punk is just as delusional as you are.

Look, we understand that they're very heavy and a big influence on deathcore in general, but the fact of the matter is that they are based more in the hardcore side of the deathcore equation than the death metal side. It doesn't matter that they've ushered in this new style that so many media outlets like to refer to as metal, they're not predominately metal and that's that. It's not a matter of the site's taste (believe it or not, we're not a hivemind bent on keeping metal pure, like so many kids seem to think), nor is it a matter of them "[giving] a new rebirth into this generation, denying the atrocious forms of pop and rap that have plagued most", it's purely based on the fact that they are not a predominately metal band.

If it's a really well known deathcore band you're going to lobby for, just know that we've heard it hundreds of times before and you quoting google isn't going to make us suddenly change our minds.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:00 pm 

maxy666 wrote:

Please, don't reply to posts like these, you're not a moderator.

Alex, Live with the fact we don't consider them metal and we'll live with our segregation and pessimistic views...ok? Please don't post in this thread unless you have a valid reason to do so.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
maxy666 wrote:

Please, don't reply to posts like these, you're not a moderator.

?????

that's my opinion. doesn't matter i'm not moderator. this is a forum.

really dont understand your comment. :S

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm 

maxy666, this thread is not about everyone randomly expressing their opinion regarding bands, it's strictly about users specifically bringing up rejected/deleted/blacklisted bands which the staff then responds to and deals with. No offense, but let's not clog up the thread with irrelevant posts. There's a difference between just posting "I think they're metal too" about a band that has been brought up a billion times before and actually contributing links or other relevant, helpful info for a certain rejection or deletion.

Check this thread, if you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76277

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
maxy666, this thread is not about everyone randomly expressing their opinion regarding bands, it's strictly about users specifically bringing up rejected/deleted/blacklisted bands which the staff then responds to and deals with. No offense, but let's not clog up the thread with irrelevant posts. There's a difference between just posting "I think they're metal too" about a band that has been brought up a billion times before and actually contributing links or other relevant, helpful info for a certain rejection or deletion.

Check this thread, if you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76277

i'm not offended and i dont want to be mini-mods, big-mods, greater-mods. relax, every time i want to write something in some topic here, I'll ask if it's allowed to write or not. hahaha

btw i dont want to messing up anything.

pestilence85
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 am 

Azmodes wrote:

Blacklist says "Post-rock/alternative". Don't know about the post-rock tag, but it does sound much more based in rock than in metal.

I really don't agree. The sound is really close to bands like Callisto or Intronaut and they are in your database.
I can't understand the way you judge a band.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:29 am 

The sound? As in the production, how the instruments sound, etc.? Would Adele be metal if her sound was close to Iron Maiden?

Generally, we judge a band based on what they play.

pestilence85
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 am 

RonimuZ wrote:
The sound? As in the production, how the instruments sound, etc.? Would Adele be metal if her sound was close to Iron Maiden?

Generally, we judge a band based on what they play.

"Sound" doesn't mean the production or the "weight" of the guitar's distortion... It's the aesthetic proposal of a band.
And I still don't understand why Isis or Callisto are ok and Kaliage not (on a "metalness" level, of course).

Callisto and The Ocean are tagged as "Atmospheric Sludge Metal/Post-Hardcore"... If it's a matter of popularity, it's ok, fine: I understand it, just tell me.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:12 am 

It's all about what they're playing, not the sound or the production. Just as deathcore bands sound "heavy" and have the same production as death metal bands, with blast-beats/downtuned guitars/chunky Mesa/5150 tones, tuning down to C and playing through a fuzz pedal and an Orange amp doesn't make a music heavy/stoner/sludge metal.

It is NOT a matter of popularity, never was, never will be. We judge bands primarily based on their guitar riffs. There is no simple written definition, but your best bet is to not look to compare a band to those on the archives, rather to those who are not on the archives. I can tell you that Intronaut's guitar work, at their most metal, is certainly metal guitar riffing, while non-metal riffing tends to focus more on simply chugging/droning/strumming on power chords, repeating the same chords rather than riffing.

If you don't understand a judgment, we can't always explain it, there are countless examples of both included and excluded bands, as well as past explanations in this thread of what the site considers metal - I know that I have acquired a precise indication of this and its nuances in my time as a user, it's certainly possible, and a broad knowledge of both metal and non-metal both highlights what is and is not metal in one's mind and separates distinctive traits that are much more specific than simple references to bands that may be brought up whenever a band is excluded and it is reviewed.

pestilence85
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
It's all about what they're playing, not the sound or the production. Just as deathcore bands sound "heavy" and have the same production as death metal bands, with blast-beats/downtuned guitars/chunky Mesa/5150 tones, tuning down to C and playing through a fuzz pedal and an Orange amp doesn't make a music heavy/stoner/sludge metal.

It is NOT a matter of popularity, never was, never will be. We judge bands primarily based on their guitar riffs. There is no simple written definition, but your best bet is to not look to compare a band to those on the archives, rather to those who are not on the archives. I can tell you that Intronaut's guitar work, at their most metal, is certainly metal guitar riffing, while non-metal riffing tends to focus more on simply chugging/droning/strumming on power chords, repeating the same chords rather than riffing.

If you don't understand a judgment, we can't always explain it, there are countless examples of both included and excluded bands, as well as past explanations in this thread of what the site considers metal - I know that I have acquired a precise indication of this and its nuances in my time as a user, it's certainly possible, and a broad knowledge of both metal and non-metal both highlights what is and is not metal in one's mind and separates distinctive traits that are much more specific than simple references to bands that may be brought up whenever a band is excluded and it is reviewed.

Ok, this is what I've understood when I read the policies for band submitting.
So, please, tell me the elements that objectively make Kaliage "not metal".
The band has quite complex riffing (ex.: the main riff after the intro in "White Oblivion" or in general the song "Love Child") and a heavy rythmic structure ("Naturalized Citizien" and "Braindead", in particular the central parts), with lyrics that cover tipical "metal" themes (religion, social problems).

I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass... But I really care of this issue ;)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:31 am 

I also checked the band and it was really not metal. Callisto's last album wouldn't be acceptable on its own anyway. We judge bands individually, don't compare them with each other. Now, like 4 mods told you the same thing, let it go please.

pestilence85
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:39 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I also checked the band and it was really not metal. Callisto's last album wouldn't be acceptable on its own anyway. We judge bands individually, don't compare them with each other. Now, like 4 mods told you the same thing, let it go please.

I don't agree and now I don't understand what you consider "metal" or not.
But, seeing that there's no way to make you change your mind, I'll let it go as you said.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 am 

The songs on Soundcloud remind me more of neo-prog/alternative rock stuff like A Perfect Circle, Breed 77, Jolly or Coheed and Cambria than progressive metal. There's very little to practically no metallic riffing, which is what we primarily base our definition of metal on. "Complex riffing", "heaviness" and "metal themes" don't necessarily make a band metal.

Some examples of progressive METAL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmozVRLZfdg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R_d9-ZmO68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7ffJDHPCs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNvyCbVZh0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDKaSJd3rMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pIWePrZepU

Some examples of progressive ROCK, with varying degrees of "heaviness":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AxE0i0Y0AE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDf3k_bm4Kw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlNantlznCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0H3RlaQVrM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYpqWmPBlvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-N7g6Ke-Gk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPg

Thanks for respecting our decision.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 am 

pestilence85 wrote:
If it's a matter of popularity, it's ok, fine: I understand it, just tell me.

No, it would not be okay and it's. Simply. Not. The. Case. I just like to stress that again because that silly misconception seems to be so widespread, for whatever reason.

MatheusOliveira
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:11 pm 

Hello,

I want to know why the band Oficina G3, from Brazil, is blacklisted. It's a band that have several records released worldwide. Most of the records are metal, however they have some non-metal albums. Good band with great musicians.

Evidences of physical release:
*Humanos album picture: http://static.mercadoshops.com/cd-ofici ... 151xIM.jpg / http://bimg1.mlstatic.com/cd-oficina-g3 ... 082012.jpg

*Depois da Guerra: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWh7Zi4x7Gc/T ... ficina.jpg

*Histórias e Bicicletas: http://noticiandogospel.com/wp-content/ ... ina-G3.jpg

*O Tempo: http://img1.mlstatic.com/cd-oficina-g3- ... 112012.jpg

Thank you.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:52 pm 

Blacklisted for being rock.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:52 pm 

Is that a joke? They're like a Brazilian Creed...

MatheusOliveira
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:39 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Is that a joke? They're like a Brazilian Creed...

Hello,
As I said, they released some non-metal records, but most of it are metal.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v69JK7BFfiw

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:34 am 

What I really don't understand is how people try to get bands into the archives when they can suspect these bands are borderline.
If everybody posting here about bands that should be accepted (while they are not) would watch the documentary: Get thrashed: the story of thrash metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYQP8lJH00 they would know that this site is stretching the limits of what is metal already quite far:
Original Hard Core is no more than Punk Music with the slight difference that these guys do know how to play their instrument (which wasn't the case for most beginning punk bands) and they belonged to a certain scene at the time which made them the Hard Core of that scene because they played music to articulate their feelings about all kinds of political issues.
Thrash Metal is a blend of Punk and Heavy Metal (as stated in above mentioned documentary, a fact everyone witnessing the birth of these styles of music knows for themselves).
Death Metal is not much more than Thrash Metal with some more aggression and grunted vocals instead of screaming and singing.

Anything with a name derived from a metal genre combined with a core suffix should therefore automatically be more on the wrong side of the metal expansion i.e. on the core side of music.
This automatically makes them not eligible for this site.
The fact that the Moderators of this site and it's owners still allow the Metal expansion to be stretched further than this is amendable but it still is stretching.
Be glad a lot of bands are still here instead of bitching about why your favorite band isn't listed here.
The fact that people who don't know shit about Metal call certain bands Metal bands is no reason to believe they are!
If the record company calls a band Metal it is because they think it will sell better.
If Google calls a band Metal it might me because that has been told by various sources who like to profile a band as being Metal.
If you want to be sure a band is Metal: Ask here and the chances are you get the right answer instead of some answer some Record Company exec thinks will sell more copies!

ToLiveALie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:00 am 

In reference to the rejection of Don Garnelli.
Quote:
Can you please provide proof of metalness (a link to song samples) and proof of a valid release (see here)?

http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/grindcore-death
http://dongarnelli.bandcamp.com - contains some noisecore-only albums though

And and here is proof of physical releases:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am 

Erm, first of all, please don't double-post. If there's something you forgot to include in your original post, just use the "Edit" button (it's located on the right-hand side of the page, just above the post you want to edit). I've merged the two posts for you, but... just something to remember for next time, okay? :) Thanks!

Second, all I'm hearing is noisegrind, mate... this isn't metallic. As a matter of fact, Anal Cunt is looking like Celtic Frost in comparison...

Urano
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:59 pm 

Ridiculous, ludicrous!! For the 10th time I tried to archive the CEREBRENITZA, and always came with crap talk, you sayd that Srebrenica ábul has no guitar!!!! There are super distorted guitars all the time!!! They sound like a rain storm, becouse they are too distorted with reverb. Its a shame do not recognize them! Every time, ever the same thing:REJECTED! You could listen with care the sound, only the 1rst and 8th tracks have no guitar...Its really pathetic you that have listend to milions of black metal bands do not recognize a distorted guitar, with tremolo picking all the time, and with fulll reverb.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:30 pm 

Calm down, please.

And sure, the guitars are distorted to a point where they run together to become nothing but atmosphere. Fine, we understand. That's not metal though, that's guitar ambience. We define metal by metallic riffs, and there's a huge difference between raw black metal bands that have thick, distorted riffing and your music.

Speaking of your music, the Bandcamp link suddenly appears to be dead. :rolleyes: Let me guess, you only put that online for the moderators to listen to? Doesn't even sound like you're too serious about releasing your music digitally, anyway. So even if your music WAS considered metallic by the site's guidelines, I doubt it'd qualify as having a valid release.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 541  Next