Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 am 

"Powerviolence/grindcore", but that's quite old. Even so, I wouldn't say this is clearcut and substantial enough to whitelist them.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:22 am 

Depths of Black
http://depthsofblack.bandcamp.com/album/necrosis-lp
Came across this band while looking for info on multiple Necrosis"es". Anyway, it still chugs, but it sounds different than older stuff, which I checked rather briefly. The songs are formulaic - one or two songs, if not even one or two riffs, should be enough. Do consider that whatever came before this wasn't acceptable, or so I think.

BananaSuitMassacre
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:53 pm 

BananaSuitMassacre wrote:
After Faeces Factory was rejected for the VK link not working for the music, I checked the link and saw it works. I think you may need a VK account to access suchlike pages on the website. The link directs you to playlists of both of their releases.

https://vk.com/audios-76742641?section=playlists (page showing both playlists)
https://vk.com/music?z=audio_playlist-76742641_77637800 (playlist 1)
https://vk.com/music?z=audio_playlist-76742641_77637160 (playlist 2)

Got an update?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:30 am 

Antioch wrote:
Anyway, it still chugs, but it sounds different than older stuff, which I checked rather briefly.

What a glowing endorsement. :P eh, not too keen on this.

After Faeces Factory was rejected for the VK link not working for the music, I checked the link and saw it works. I think you may need a VK account to access suchlike pages on the website. The link directs you to playlists of both of their releases.

https://vk.com/audios-76742641?section=playlists (page showing both playlists)
https://vk.com/music?z=audio_playlist-76742641_77637800 (playlist 1)
https://vk.com/music?z=audio_playlist-76742641_77637160 (playlist 2)

Got an update?

Yeah, you need an account there. I think Zodi has one, will ask him.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:51 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Antioch wrote:
Anyway, it still chugs, but it sounds different than older stuff, which I checked rather briefly.

What a glowing endorsement. :P eh, not too keen on this.

You know I don't do this for the band. ;) Your answer's good enough for me, Az. Just didn't want it to slip away as I thought it could be worth checking out.

chrononaut664
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:42 pm 

Hello! Me and my fellow bandmates are trying to summit our band Today because last night we released a single and we wanted to put our band in encyclopedia metallum. When I logged in today I found out my band is black listed, why is that? We have two legitime releases, one of the them as a metal/punk band and the latest as a doom/sludge quartet. We have our own conceptual art and even more than a couple record labels (one of them, Detesta Record Mexico) is listed here. My band is called iwokk we are from Mexico and we play sludge doom. Here is the link to our bandcamp https://iwokk.bandcamp.com/album/condenar-la-sangre

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:50 pm 

Blacklisted in 2015 for musical reasons. This new release is too short to qualify for a digital release though, so unfortunately you will need to wait for a physical copy or a longer digital release before we reevaluate your band.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:33 pm 

Why is "Every Knee Shall Bow" (USA) blacklisted?
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 pm 

Predominantly core.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

mediocridad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:07 am 

Why is "Dipygus" (USA) blacklisted?

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:24 am 

mediocridad wrote:
Why is "Dipygus" (USA) blacklisted?

Hi,
blackisted since May 17 for being too punk and also very poor quality recording.

Thank you.

mediocridad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 am 

Thank you Master.

The band released a new EP: https://transylvaniantapes.bandcamp.com ... -pig-feast, i think it sound less punk...

sam1oq
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:38 am 

Quote:
It isn't our fault you failed at reading comprehension, or if you didn't even see this warning by some circuitious way of logic when submiting a band, it isn't our fault in general for other people's idiocracy. Ask first, then submit.

And for the record, eh, the second album still sounds more prog rock than metal by a good amount.

And the band was banned for an earlier album. New album, new chance, right? And Selling the Aggression is their third album by the way. Also you don't have to respond so aggressive immediately. I get more why people deem this site elitist now. I know that you're (the site) not being an elitist in the true definition of the word, but the hostile language sounds very pedantic. Immediately calling someone an idiot for misreading the rules is not a very welcoming attitude to say in the least.

Quote:
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you.

I missed this part admittedly. I got the latter, but I thought it was fair game re-submitting them because they released a new album since they were banned. I see I was wrong. Sorry for breaking the rules. I'll just make a new account then and keep the rules in mind for next time.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am 

sam1oq wrote:
And the band was banned for an earlier album. New album, new chance, right? And Selling the Aggression is their third album by the way. Also you don't have to respond so aggressive immediately. I get more why people deem this site elitist now. I know that you're (the site) not being an elitist in the true definition of the word, but the hostile language sounds very pedantic. Immediately calling someone an idiot for misreading the rules is not a very welcoming attitude to say in the least.

Sorry, but we get too many people actively and maliciously messing with the blacklist on a regular basis to have much patience or mince words with this sort of thing. Especially since when you try to submit a blacklisted band, there's basically the equivalent of a neon sign warning you and informing you about the proper course of action.

sam1oq wrote:
I see I was wrong. Sorry for breaking the rules. I'll just make a new account then and keep the rules in mind for next time.

ummmm, don't do that? It's not like the purpose of a ban is to punish people with the inconvenience of registering a new account. If you were to simply side-step a ban this way, you'd get banned again. Just saying.

Anyway, let's nip all this potential unpleasantness in the bud. I've unbanned the sam1oq account. I understand why you did what you did and you definitely don't seem like someone underhandedly trying to squeeze a band in. Just be more careful and attentive next time, please.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:58 am 

Convent (USA) is currently blacklisted and even though i hear more metal in their previous two realeases i can feel some "core" moments but they released a new EP with a "thrashier" feel and i was wondering if guys can re-evaluate this band

https://convent.bandcamp.com/album/rebuilt-through-fire

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

dillingerfreak
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:18 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Whitelisted Krull - go ahead and submit, this is definitely heavy/power metal.

Blindfolded and Led to the Woods sounds like deathcore. I'm not sure if this is acceptable, there's some metal in there, but a lot of core. We could use a second mod opinion.

That's promising, that BALTTW album made a Toilet Ov Hell best of 2017 and they viewed it as rooted in Brutal Death Metal...

http://www.toiletovhell.com/top-albums-ov-2017-w-spear-beargod-and-dr-k/

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 am 

Toiletovhell's opinion isn't anything. We judge the music independently.

Azmodes wrote:

JazzHands
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:41 pm 

I have a quick question about a band.
I was wondering why the technical death metal band Agoron, from WA, United States. has been blacklisted.
Thank you for your time.

-JazzHands

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 pm 

JazzHands wrote:
I have a quick question about a band.
I was wondering why the technical death metal band Agoron, from WA, United States. has been blacklisted.
Thank you for your time.

-JazzHands

They're a Deathcore band. Of the unacceptable, predominantly -core kind.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 pm 

I found a link on another website, indicating that God Enthroned from Ecuador used to have a page here (although their name was spelled as one word, for some reason)
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/GO ... 3540346225

Why were they removed from the site?
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 am 

Could be a link to a once pending submission maybe. Nothing comes up in the search and they're not on the blacklist. I believe if it was old enough to be on V1 the record might be lost, i dunno though, someone with more knowledge would know how that works.

Azmodes wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:01 am 

Yeah, that looks more like an unapproved band draft, considering the name is in CAPS too. Bands sometimes like to link those on their social media sites, not knowing or caring that the page isn't live yet. I don't think the band was ever listed.

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:01 pm 

I can understand why Lion's Pride of Belgium (post-2000s) would be blacklisted on account of their early material which was very much Punk/Oi!, but what about "Vlaanderen"? Reminds me quite a bit of the Metal albums of The Exploited.

"Dream of Flanders" and "De Vlaamse Leeuw" are just epic interludes.

ethanthedrummer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:26 pm 

Kinda wondering when Priapus (grindcore from NC, USA) was blacklisted, their latest release Depressant (and really their whole discography) is very similar to Noisear, Maruta, Discordance Axis, etc.

http://priapusgrind.com/album/depressant

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 pm 

All right, guys. Time again to re-evaluate Oceans of Slumber.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:08 am 

Why was Nightgrave from India blacklisted?
I guess because of their early, more ambient, releases.
bandcamp

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:32 am 

Schmengie wrote:
All right, guys. Time again to re-evaluate Oceans of Slumber.

Whitelisted.

Shadechaser wrote:
bandcamp

Apparently not, the blacklisting is from late 2017. Predominantly ambient/post-. EDIT: Right, there's a new album. Whitelisted for re-eval.

ethanthedrummer wrote:
Kinda wondering when Priapus (grindcore from NC, USA) was blacklisted, their latest release Depressant (and really their whole discography) is very similar to Noisear, Maruta, Discordance Axis, etc.

http://priapusgrind.com/album/depressant

The blacklisting is a couple years old and says it's punk-based grind. This still sounds borderline to me, plus it's only an EP, so meh.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:44 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Shadechaser wrote:
bandcamp

Apparently not, the blacklisting is from late 2017. Predominantly ambient/post-. EDIT: Right, there's a new album. Whitelisted for re-eval.

thanks.
submitted.
please re-evaluate it's genre(s) :)

mediocridad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am 

"Sorry mediocridad, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Knight Terror (United States), for the following reason:

That is a pre-order = not valid yet, if ever"

Here: https://store.cryptofthewizard.com/Knig ... p100433516 say it was "released 03/03/18.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 am 

mediocridad wrote:
"Sorry mediocridad, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Knight Terror (United States), for the following reason:

That is a pre-order = not valid yet, if ever"

Here: https://store.cryptofthewizard.com/Knig ... p100433516 say it was "released 03/03/18.

Restored.

mediocridad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:09 am 

Thanks!

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:44 pm 

Why specifically was Deveykus blacklisted?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 pm 

Post-rock.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Slasher01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 am 

Hi there. I tried to submit a band with a demo out on bandcamp, but it was rejected like this:

This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Hi,
Too short for valid digital release.
Thank you."

Please review our submission rules before trying to re-submit it.

If it is a demo 17 minutes and something long, how can it be too short?
It's a self-released demo

Amzeboth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:48 pm 

So, apparently my band ORKA has been rejected as it's more - core than metal. Dafuq guys XD

If this is core, than I'm listening to the wrong music for alst 20ish years

https://orka-official.bandcamp.com/

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 pm 

Slasher01 wrote:
Hi there. I tried to submit a band with a demo out on bandcamp, but it was rejected like this:

This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Hi,
Too short for valid digital release.
Thank you."

Please review our submission rules before trying to re-submit it.

If it is a demo 17 minutes and something long, how can it be too short?
It's a self-released demo

Can you tell us what band please, also post the bandcamp link. Digital releases are kinda finicky...

Amzeboth wrote:
So, apparently my band ORKA has been rejected as it's more - core than metal. Dafuq guys XD

If this is core, than I'm listening to the wrong music for alst 20ish years

https://orka-official.bandcamp.com/

This appears to be an ambiguous case as there was some on both sides of the fence. I've asked for input from the mods involved.

Azmodes wrote:

Slasher01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm 

The band is called Ragnarök, here is the bandcamp link: https://ragnaroek.bandcamp.com/releases.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:38 pm 

Mmmkk, this was deemed to be an insubstantial release based on a few factors, length and recording quality.

Azmodes wrote:

~Guest 384806
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:33 am 

I would like to make a case for the band $lutrot. I was told the band was rejected numerous times for not having a physical release and ended up getting blacklisted. They recently released a split with the band Nephrectomy and CD's are being sold through Pathologically Explicit Records. Any possibility of the band being whitelisted since they have physicals?

CD's: https://pathologicallyexplicit.bandcamp ... -split-mcd

Slasher01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Mmmkk, this was deemed to be an insubstantial release based on a few factors, length and recording quality.

Ok I see, but this is a demo anyway so obviously the length and the not so good recording quality shouldn't matter that much, right?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490 ... 541  Next