Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm 

Hi, Fragment from Switzerland has been blacklisted.
Why?
Proof of the release here : http://www.petp.ch/HeavyTrashDemo/index ... /fragment/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:58 pm 

boblovesmusic wrote:
https://yantrametal.bandcamp.com/

I'm gonna guess it was blacklisted because of djent

Yep.

Axel666MoWi wrote:
Hi, Fragment from Switzerland has been blacklisted.
Why?
Proof of the release here : http://www.petp.ch/HeavyTrashDemo/index ... /fragment/

"Hardcore/nu-metal with some industrial noises."

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 pm 

Huh? What? The Fragment I sent is Death/Thrash, not the same band I think.
Can I submit this one?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:07 pm 

Sounds like it's the same band. Besides, the proof for release is really sketchy.

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:22 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
hmmmm. Close, but no dice, I think.

why not? It has actual metallic riffs and the breakdowns were cut down by a lot. The metallic influence is quite prominent here too, and based on other accepted deathcore bands I can't see why this isn't.

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 pm 

Definitely metallic, but it still sounded pretty heavy on the -core to me. If other mods want to chip in, all the better, but I'm not certain enough to whitelist this on my own.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm 

raspberrysoda wrote:
...based on other accepted deathcore bands I can't see why this isn't.

5. Comparing bands (don't)

This may seem like the obvious course of action in some cases, but be advised that we generally frown upon arguments like "you have band A listed and band B is similar, hence you must also accept band B". Please avoid this, as it comes with the following problems:
1) We simply do not work that way. Each band is assessed and judged on its own merit and trying to compare two distinct bands is treacherous business, even if they may sound similar. And if the two are indeed sonic carbon copies, perhaps the listed one should be deleted instead.
2) Since the site lists a (very) small number of non-metal exceptions, one might be tempted to use them as a reference point. However, these are exactly that, exceptions, and not subject to our guidelines on music.
3) Slippery slope. We do not want to base further inclusions solely on one or more listed band(s) that might be questionable or were wrongly approved to begin with. We would rather (re-)assess the proposed inclusion and the compared listed band(s) on their own instead of expanding a part of the database based around repeated instances of a resigned "we'll, we have this, why not this as well?". See item 1).
4) Most importantly, the Archives can in some ways be seen as a database of metal releases rather than bands. What that means is that in order to gain entry, a band only needs one predominantly metal release (ideally a full-length), regardless of the rest of their discography. This can result in bands starting out as metal, but changing to non-metal later or the reverse. More subtle cases exist, with bands being listed based on a (possibly lesser-known) fraction of their discography. So how does this connect to comparing bands? Well, it's simple: Since we judge releases, comparing band A as a whole to band B as a whole is a fallacious argument when one is actually comparing non-metal output of band A (accepted based on their metal output) to non-metal output of band B (unacceptable because they have no metal output). Consider it one level above arguing that band B should be included because they have a few songs as metal as band A's releases.

So again, each band is judged individually and we don't do the blind approach "A, hence also B".
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Davide_Montoro
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:38 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Davide_Montoro wrote:
i wait the final response, listen to the band first :D

I'm really bad with all this post-stuff, but I think I still agree with the original blacklisting.

ok...so delete all post-core :D Neurosis et similia :D hah ,

no problem. thanks for all .. cheers

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:11 pm 

[quote="Diamhea"

So again, each band is judged individually[/quote]

I don't think that you understood me correctly. I never compared any bands; I just said that this band matches the site's criteria with its new album

stainedclass2112 wrote:

BastardHead wrote:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm 

If you aren't comparing bands, what are these "other accepted deathcore bands" you are citing as evidence, then? You mean the average sound of bands on the site? That sounds pretty nebulous, and im still not sure how it doesnt fall under the quote i provided from the "first post" that nobody reads. :P
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Ayatapuc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:32 pm 

The band Blaze Of Shadows (Peru) is on the blacklist. Please remove it from there, there is sufficient evidence to put in Meta Archives
Demo audio
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaNnpUaxoQ )
Demo 2017 CD-r format
( https://scontent.flim5-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5A499D8E )

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:14 am 

Whitelisted

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

thrashersejati
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:51 am 

Ok so this is what happened, i tried submitting 13 Krieg! earlier but i gave audio sample of first release which is dbeat / black metal. my mistake. This happened so bcos the band started as a dbeat black metal band but later on became pure black metal with no more dbeat. Their 2nd release is definitely 666% black metal, u can listen it here: https://youtu.be/jeDostWgc5Y

Proof of release in Mtd production distro: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5600033405

So i tried resubmitting it but the website says there that this band is now in the blakklist so i cant resubmit iT. Please review and revert the submission. Tq.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/13 ... 3540431224

Ayatapuc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:23 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Whitelisted

Ok, thanks.

Youth Against Christ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 pm 

Kjetter wrote:
As Azmodes said, the reason the band is on the blacklist is because it was evaluated as "not predominantly metal" based on the first release. It can still be reevaluated based on this new February release.

The blacklist is not a permanent ban of a project or some kind of punishment, it's just a way to avoid dealing with the same evaluation multiple times.

Did you reevaluated the ban based on my second release?

https://youthagainstchrist.bandcamp.com/

Thank you...

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:26 am 

Hi,

Why was Five the Hierophant (UK) blacklisted?

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:25 pm 

Why was Unreqvited banned?

stainedclass2112 wrote:

BastardHead wrote:

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm 

Bachstein wrote:
Hi,

Beibg more a genre hodgepodge, not predominately metal. Blacklisted 2015.

raspberrysoda wrote:
Why was Unreqvited banned?

More ambient/post-rock than metAl. Blacklisted 2016
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

lucasbrum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm 

Hi, my name is Lucas Brum and I'm guitarist of Brazilian Metal band Reckoning Hour, please re-evaluate our music. I would like so much make part of Encyclopedia Metallum.

This is one of song of our full album realesed by Famined Records (USA):

Our Last Official Video Clip:

Thank you so much!

reply the answer:
The band is blacklisted for being too -core in the end. If you think the full length is more Melodeath than Deathcore, when it comes out, shoot us a link to listen to it and we can re-evaluate.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:46 pm 

Sounds ok but we will need to hear the whole album. I'll take this off the blacklist for the time being. Just make sure to include ththe whole thing when you resubmit so we can judge it properly.

Azmodes wrote:

Cudnoredje
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:31 am 

Haggus blacklisted...why? more crust than grind? lots of similar goregrind bands are accepted.

Tyler_The_Terrible
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:39 am 

Hello. I had attempted to submit my solo project "Giraffe Cock Impalement" from the U.S. earlier and received a notification after I typed in the name that it had already been submitted and blacklisted. I feel this was heavily due to somebody submitting the project during the days when it was a cybergrind project, and it has over the past year significantly changed its style and taken a brutal death metal approach, and yesterday I had released the first full length under this musical style. It's my main project and I would love for it to be featured on the archives. I'll leave a link to the recent full length. Thank you.
https://gxcxix.bandcamp.com/album/the-disposal-process-of-societys-execrable-feminine-domain

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am 

Cudnoredje wrote:
Haggus blacklisted...why? more crust than grind? lots of similar goregrind bands are accepted.

Each band is evaluated on individual merits. Blacklisting is from 2015 though so if they have something decidedly more metal than gurglegrind shite post it here.

@giraffe cock boy: noisecore. I'll check your new album shortly.

Edit: I'm leaving this blacklisted.

Azmodes wrote:

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 am 

PDS wrote:
Bachstein wrote:
Hi,

Beibg more a genre hodgepodge, not predominately metal. Blacklisted 2015.

They have a new material which you can check below;
http://five-the-hierophant.bandcamp.com/album/over-phlegethon

It's still a 'genre hodgepodge', but I'd say it's mainly metal with other genres mixed with, not a musical medley with some metal.
Could you please check?

Thanks!

thrashersejati
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 am 

Double post, pls delete

Last edited by thrashersejati on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
thrashersejati
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:34 am 

thrashersejati wrote:
Ok so this is what happened, i tried submitting 13 Krieg! earlier but i gave audio sample of first release which is dbeat / black metal. my mistake. This happened so bcos the band started as a dbeat black metal band but later on became pure black metal with no more dbeat. Their 2nd release is definitely 666% black metal, u can listen it here: https://youtu.be/jeDostWgc5Y

Proof of release in Mtd production distro: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5600033405

So i tried resubmitting it but the website says there that this band is now in the blakklist so i cant resubmit iT. Please review and revert the submission. Tq.

Hello,

So no one bother to take aktion nor reply regarding this?

Worldfall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 am 

This is to inform that my submission got rejected. I wasn't aware that there was a duplicate. I respect your desicion; however, the person who uploaded the band I tried to upload is missng some info. Should I send that info directly to that user or do I have to send it over to you? Please, advise. Thanks.

LordIxion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 am 

Hello, Waal have physical copies here http://www.mysterion.gr
so please list them

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:59 pm 

LordIxion wrote:
Hello, Waal have physical copies here http://www.mysterion.gr
so please list them

Go ahead and submit.

Azmodes wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm 

Worldfall wrote:
This is to inform that my submission got rejected. I wasn't aware that there was a duplicate. I respect your desicion; however, the person who uploaded the band I tried to upload is missng some info. Should I send that info directly to that user or do I have to send it over to you? Please, advise. Thanks.

Don't resubmit. On the band page there is a button that says "report an error" click that and send a report. Please include proof of whatever you're submitting.

Azmodes wrote:

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:15 pm 

Could Frozen Night be revisited? This meets the time requirements and definitely seems to be metal, to me.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Mou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:24 am 

WTF guys, how is this not metal? What is this to you then???

https://hysteria-dsbm.bandcamp.com/albu ... -suicide-2

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 am 

Terrible headache inducing noise is what I'd go with.

There are a myriad of problems with this. For starters the "riffs" are so far burried that you can barely even make them out the majority of the time. Once you can actually hear them they don't sound metal. The quality of the recording is bedroom to say the least, which would disqualify this on its own merit. And the last major point is that this is only 13 minutes long, yet another reason it wouldn't be accepted.

Azmodes wrote:

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:25 am 

MaziKeen (Australia) have been blacklisted for not having physical release. Now they have it (http://depressiveillusions.com/items/ta ... -mazikeen; https://ironbloodanddeath.bandcamp.com/album/makizeen), but I can't resubmit them for being black listed. How to solve that?

Mou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Terrible headache inducing noise is what I'd go with.

There are a myriad of problems with this. For starters the "riffs" are so far burried that you can barely even make them out the majority of the time. Once you can actually hear them they don't sound metal. The quality of the recording is bedroom to say the least, which would disqualify this on its own merit. And the last major point is that this is only 13 minutes long, yet another reason it wouldn't be accepted.

Terrible headache inducing noise is what my mother says to 99% of bands included in MA. Totally subjective.

I didn't know the quality was a point to reject a band. And the other major point makes no sense as they have physical releases. So only 1 subjective point and 1 objective (but which is not in the submission rules). So much logic. But not surprised, tbh.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 am 

Well physical distribution would change things if it was indeed metal. We judge digital only bands on a different scale, so in that case things like length and quality of the recording do matter. As to your point about subjectivity, we put aside our personal feelings when it comes to judgement calls. Surely we don't enjoy all the bands on this site.

Azmodes wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:24 am 

Mou wrote:
Terrible headache inducing noise is what my mother says to 99% of bands included in MA. Totally subjective.

You can't eliminate the subjective element. As already mentioned, obviously personal taste doesn't come into the equation (as much as is humanly possible anyway). But what would pure objectivity even mean here? The difference beween your mother and Erosion_of_Humanity is that the latter is a vetted and appointed moderator of a heavy metal database telling you how he, as a person invested and with considerable experience in the genre, perceives the presence (or lack) of metal riffs, which is our basic musical criterion for accepting bands. Not to put too fine a point on it, the former is probably less "qualified" and obviously I'm not just referring to mod status. So the analogy doesn't really work. It's about judgement calls based on some level of informed intersubjectivity.

thrashersejati
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:03 pm 

thrashersejati wrote:

Hello?????? No one even bother to reply to my post? Whats wrong?

zamoht
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:08 pm 

Hi,
I wanted to contribute a band to the archives, but it immediately said it's blacklisted (not metal) and i was redirected to this thread.

It's about the dutch band Hologram Earth.
High gain guitars, Grunts, double bass drumming, sounds pretty metal to me tbh;
https://youtu.be/U-9Gw9ovXkM

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:17 pm 

zamoht wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to contribute a band to the archives, but it immediately said it's blacklisted (not metal) and i was redirected to this thread.

It's about the dutch band Hologram Earth.
High gain guitars, Grunts, double bass drumming, sounds pretty metal to me tbh;
https://youtu.be/U-9Gw9ovXkM

Djent and non-metal prog wankery. Blacklisted in May.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471 ... 541  Next