Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
EpicDismemberment wrote:
Why was Rites of Daath blacklisted?

Album isn't out yet.

It's out now today 13 October 2017. So please whitelist them. Thanks.

The announcement from the label:
https://www.facebook.com/GodzOvWar/phot ... =3&theater

Link to buy:
http://godzovwar.com/shop/pl/glowna/141 ... raves.html

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:16 am 

Aristo wrote:
I was looking for info on a raw black metal band from Canada called Flešš. Les Fleurs Du Mal just released one of their tapes on the 7th. I went to search it and didn't find any entries, so I went to try and submit the band.
I was told the band was blacklisted, but I don't know why. It seems like an obscure one-man project, and I don't know why it would be on the blacklist.

The blacklist note indicates that the "release" is the problem: "limited to 13 copies that cost 666 dollars each" In other words, the band does not currently have a release we consider valid.

EpicDismemberment wrote:

Link to buy:

Done.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:02 am 

Azmodes wrote:
EpicDismemberment wrote:

Link to buy:

Done.

Thanks, Az. Now already in the queue.

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Aristo wrote:
[..] Flešš [..]

The blacklist note indicates that the "release" is the problem: "limited to 13 copies that cost 666 dollars each" In other words, the band does not currently have a release we consider valid.

I actually think that blacklist is a bit off - I believe the 13 sold-out physical copies had a more sensible price, but a digital copy costs 666 CAD. The release may very well be valid, but as far as I can tell we only have a 4 minute sample and a photo to go by..

Aristo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Aristo wrote:
I was looking for info on a raw black metal band from Canada called Flešš. Les Fleurs Du Mal just released one of their tapes on the 7th. I went to search it and didn't find any entries, so I went to try and submit the band.
I was told the band was blacklisted, but I don't know why. It seems like an obscure one-man project, and I don't know why it would be on the blacklist.

Oh, I see. Well, the $666 is apparently just the digital price, to promote buying the physical tape, as the artist is a big proponent of analog. You see the same thing in lots of places. I'm sure the 13-copy tape was a couple bucks or so.

Les Fleurs Du Mal released a pro-tape version of the demo this month: http://lesfleursdumalproductions.bigcar ... s-volume-i
That version was 50 copies, $8 CAD each. So that should be grounds for the whitelist, I believe.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 am 

Ah okay. Yeah, we've seen prices like that for digital stuff before, and for that reason. That blacklisting moderator probably mistook it for the tape's price.

Can you also link to some music, please?

Aristo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Ah okay. Yeah, we've seen prices like that for digital stuff before, and for that reason. That blacklisting moderator probably mistook it for the tape's price.

Can you also link to some music, please?

Sure, someone uploaded it to Youtube: https://youtu.be/8AwX5CH27-Y

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:50 am 

Perfect, whitelisted.

Aristo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Perfect, whitelisted.

Awesome, thanks.

~Guest 152890
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:51 pm 

fvnerals - blacklisted. why.

https://fvnerals.bandcamp.com/

thanks.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 pm 

Not metal, predominantly shoegaze.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:42 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
I know that this band was previously blacklisted for non-qualifying output, but I think their latest LP "Submersion" just makes the cut as a valid progressive deathcore album in the same way that a few others do on here. I've provided the Bandcamp link below.

https://darkwatersend.bandcamp.com/album/submersion-2

Not trying to flood this thread, just making sure that it wasn't lost in the shuffle of recent posts. I'm pretty sure this qualifies for an MA approved version of deathcore, likely progressive deathcore.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 am 

Metantoine wrote:
ndj wrote:
Hi There, I am submitting Alien Weaponry but get a message that the band has been blacklisted. I think this must be an error. can you look at the band submission please.

Yeah, all the bands currently blacklisted are there because we made mistakes! :) Alien Weaponry were blacklisted in 2016 due to being hardcore with some groove metal elements. Feel free to post some links if you want them reconsidered.

Was just about to submit this band, then came across this while searching. While I get the "hardcore with some groove metal elements", I think this is more down to their youth and possible lack of technicality making them end up sounding a bit "core"ish. The chanted haka style vocals may also be misinterpreted as hardcore gang chants, which I doubt is intentional, but integral to their cultural angle.

The band describes themselves as thrash metal, whether or not it actually ends up sounding like that is up to interpretation. On their website there a bunch of videos. It is pretty borderline. http://alienweaponry.com/ Also this... how adorable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNHdHXIfinI

As they refine their skills over time I expect they will end up sounding more like a legit thrash metal act, but given the hype and commercial push they are getting it could go either way.

hategrinder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:27 am 

Stygian Tomb was rejected for not being metal enough. Admittedly, the link provided did point to the noisier stuff of the album but i believe this link ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_6L_W1IDk ) proves the band to be metal. Its a track from the same album.

Thanks!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:12 am 

hells_unicorn wrote:
hells_unicorn wrote:
I know that this band was previously blacklisted for non-qualifying output, but I think their latest LP "Submersion" just makes the cut as a valid progressive deathcore album in the same way that a few others do on here. I've provided the Bandcamp link below.

https://darkwatersend.bandcamp.com/album/submersion-2

Not trying to flood this thread, just making sure that it wasn't lost in the shuffle of recent posts. I'm pretty sure this qualifies for an MA approved version of deathcore, likely progressive deathcore.

mhmmm, I guess this warrants reevaluation. Whitelisted.

hategrinder wrote:
Stygian Tomb was rejected for not being metal enough. Admittedly, the link provided did point to the noisier stuff of the album but i believe this link ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_6L_W1IDk ) proves the band to be metal. Its a track from the same album.

Thanks!

It was rejected for insufficient sampling. This is pretty noisy, so we need more than two songs here, preferably the entire release.

Dmitrij
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 pm 

Hello, I got this message about my Space Black Metal project "Cosmic Isolation"

Sorry Dmitrij, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Cosmic Isolation (Germany), for the following reason:

The two tracks we could listen to sounded mostly ambient. Are you able to provide more songs or, better yet, the entire album so we can make a better determination?

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the "Suggestions and Complaints" sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this. If you need help digging up more information about a band for your submission, you can try posting about it in this thread.

Sincerely,
- TheStormIRide, Encyclopaedia Metallum

How can I show you other songs? They are not uploaded anywhere, so maybe I can send an email to anyone to show that it is Black Metal aswell?

Regards

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm 

I can't remember, why was En Kriger blacklisted? I know it's digital-only, but the album definitely meets the time requirements, and while it's kind of experimental, it seems pretty straightforward as far as "metal" goes.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 pm 

Dmitrij wrote:
Hello, I got this message about my Space Black Metal project "Cosmic Isolation"

Sorry Dmitrij, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Cosmic Isolation (Germany), for the following reason:

The two tracks we could listen to sounded mostly ambient. Are you able to provide more songs or, better yet, the entire album so we can make a better determination?

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the "Suggestions and Complaints" sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this. If you need help digging up more information about a band for your submission, you can try posting about it in this thread.

Sincerely,
- TheStormIRide, Encyclopaedia Metallum

How can I show you other songs? They are not uploaded anywhere, so maybe I can send an email to anyone to show that it is Black Metal aswell?

Regards

Yes, you can email me the songs. The address is at the bottom of this post, the "email" button.

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
I can't remember, why was En Kriger blacklisted? I know it's digital-only, but the album definitely meets the time requirements, and while it's kind of experimental, it seems pretty straightforward as far as "metal" goes.

Blacklist says it's predominantly noise/ambient, but that seemingly predates that album. I'll have a listen later.

SodomaniacGermany
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:55 pm 

Why is the band "No Mercy" from Hochmössingen, Germany, blacklisted? I got a tape to proof they were existing back in the day. Genre is Thrash Metal, so there should be no problem.
Hope you can fix this! Thank you!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:15 pm 

The blacklist says "hard rock", so might be this is a different band? Can you link to samples and proof of release?

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:17 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
The blacklist says "hard rock", so might be this is a different band? Can you link to samples and proof of release?

Pretty sure this is the band they're referring to:

VirusVI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:36 pm 

Hey guys, it still says when I try to make a submission for labooulalagazza, it says it is blacklisted and the submission will not go through. The funny thing is I did not try submitting this band until last week, then I came on here and posted a couple times. The only other bands i have submitted were Necrosomnium and DTI (both rejected). Can I have the name labooulalagazza whitelisted? Thank you for your time.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 pm 

Kjetter wrote:
VirusVI wrote:
Why are my bands blacklisted?
EDIT: I apologize if I had an attitude when I asked several months back, I appreciate everything you guys do.

labooulalagazza? Not predominantly metal on sub-20 minute release.

Not unless you released something since the blacklisting.

Azmodes wrote:

VirusVI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 pm 

That was about DTI and yes something for that band has been released since the blacklisting, I have it under the band page just waiting for the submissions to go down. I havent submitted labooulalagazza at all
https://labooulalagazza.bandcamp.com/releases

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:03 pm 

Well just because you didn't submit the band doesn't mean somebody else didn't.

Edit: either way I agree with the original blacklisting, so no, this won't be coming off the blacklist based on this new EP sorry.

Azmodes wrote:

Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 pm 

U.S. band Beerwolf - Blacklisted?

https://beerwolf.bandcamp.com/

VirusVI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:58 pm 

So all DTI needs is a longer release to be on here? This is definitely an extreme metal band

Also you guys originally said I submitted labooulalagazza, which i didnt. So why does that mean because someone else got blacklisted forit that i can't submit it? album length again? Thanks man.

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 am 

Moderator wrote:
U.S. band Beerwolf - Blacklisted?

"Stoner rock". Listed in late 2015.

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:17 am 

VirusVI wrote:
So all DTI needs is a longer release to be on here? This is definitely an extreme metal band

DTI is listed as "experimental rock with noisy vocals". I don't think the length was an issue, but as you can see the internal blacklist notes are pretty brief affairs.

VirusVI wrote:
Also you guys originally said I submitted labooulalagazza, which i didnt. So why does that mean because someone else got blacklisted forit that i can't submit it? album length again? Thanks man.

The blacklist note says "questionably metal on a sub-20m demo". We can't see what users submitted the bands that are on the blacklist, so I just guessed that it was the band you were initially asking about based on your previous forum posts about the band. And yes, if a band is on the blacklist then no users can submit it.

In both cases the blacklist entry is from 2017. But it is not personal, nor is it necessarily permanent. Both projects can be reevaluated based on new material, and you are free to bring it up at that point. And you can submit other projects meanwhile.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 am 

S9NE wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Pretty sure this is the band they're referring to:

No doubt metal and an interesting find, but what about proof of release/distribution? If it's a recording unofficially shared on Youtube only now, that wouldn't count. The description briefly refers to a tape, but that's hardly conclusive and somehow I doubt that it would have been titled The Demo Back in 1989.

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 am 

I've contacted SodomaniacGermany to remind him we need a picture of his tape. Hopefully he'll get back soon.

Xenotath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am 

Hello,
recently i have tried to add the band Fliegerfaust (ITA) but it was rejected for those reasons:

"Gonna need proof of distribution or of a physical release outside of just a clean scan of the front and back."

Now i have uploaded on Google Drive: Songs, JPG original booklet, two photos of my copy

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byksr ... UNtNWlobXM

I have no way to get more copies because it was printed many years ago and evrybody print his copy at home (poor local distribution). But if moderator need to get in contact with Ulfhednir (founder of the band) i can give Facebook, mail and Whatsapp contact.
S.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:39 am 

Xenotath wrote:
evrybody print his copy at home (poor local distribution)

You mean this was basically a digital release people had to burn to CD-Rs and print out the covers by themselves?

Xenotath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm 

not exactly, the band have printed many copies(like mine,cdr+xeroxed inlay) ,probaly not more than 50 copies but i have to ask.but never put in distros or labels, than quickly become hard to find.
than now after about 10 years if you ask to M.aliprandi (founder of the band) he gives to you all the files but in digital, never re-printed.

ThaRKiuS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:37 pm 

Could "Old Soul" be reconsidered to enter MA? Their most recent album "Tidal Lock" is pretty metal, and it's got quite a lot of physical releases in multiple labels, according to discogs. Some links:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/2683075-Old-Soul-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDqlqhBrVnw

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm 

Hey guys would you mind check ComaCluster Void new EP? sounds a bit more death metal and less math-y like mid-era Gorguts

https://youtu.be/c3nh7TyFfaw

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

VirusVI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 pm 

Lolwtf DTI listed as experimental rock? I never put that there, i DID put That there is a sort of rock vibe ala Darkthrone, satyricon, Carpathian forest. Etc. Anyways, thanks guys! Once i have new material to submit we will go from there. Hail!

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm 

VirusVI wrote:
Lolwtf DTI listed as experimental rock? I never put that there, i DID put That there is a sort of rock vibe ala Darkthrone, satyricon, Carpathian forest. Etc. Anyways, thanks guys! Once i have new material to submit we will go from there. Hail!

I just want to clarify that what it says on the blacklist has nothing to do with how you describe the band in the submission. Writing that it has a rock vibe is fine, and shouldn't change anything.

And don't worry too much about the specific phrasing of the blacklist note either; it's a one-note summary of the issue left by a moderator for other moderators. It's not a review.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 am 

Xenotath wrote:
not exactly, the band have printed many copies(like mine,cdr+xeroxed inlay) ,probaly not more than 50 copies but i have to ask.but never put in distros or labels, than quickly become hard to find.
than now after about 10 years if you ask to M.aliprandi (founder of the band) he gives to you all the files but in digital, never re-printed.

Alright, but having listened to the demo now in full, this is barely even metal. Very borderline at best; I don't think it qualifies as a predominantly metal release. Mix between raw black metal and bedroom electronic/industrial, more of the latter. Thanks for the info/link, though.

Azmodes wrote:
Of_This_Night36 wrote:

Blacklist says it's predominantly noise/ambient, but that seemingly predates that album. I'll have a listen later.

Blacklisting stands, I'd say.

ThaRKiuS wrote:
Could "Old Soul" be reconsidered to enter MA? Their most recent album "Tidal Lock" is pretty metal, and it's got quite a lot of physical releases in multiple labels, according to discogs. Some links:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/2683075-Old-Soul-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDqlqhBrVnw

The blacklisting appears to be from after the release of that album. "post-rock mixed with Converge-style hardcore"

NARAKU666 wrote:
Hey guys would you mind check ComaCluster Void new EP? sounds a bit more death metal and less math-y like mid-era Gorguts

https://youtu.be/c3nh7TyFfaw

Doesn't sound all that different from the stuff that got them blacklisted.

lycanwrath2012
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 am 

So I know there's a hardcore band named legend from the USA but I know of another band named legend from east Los Angeles that are metal. What I don't get is why is that band name blacklisted from that country does it not matter if it's not the same band? They don't have a release so that's understandable but the fact of just that name being banned is kinda wrong. https://youtu.be/gTzF02NTsBA

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473 ... 541  Next