Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 pm 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
Is the new Wilderness Dream album acceptable Crossover? Their previous album is much more Hardcore influenced, but their new album has recently dropped and also in a physical format.

https://wildernessdream.bandcamp.com/al ... lysis-rise

It's been some time since I posted this and still haven't gotten a response either way.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 pm 

^ That stuff is hardcore with little metal to it.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:06 pm 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
Bonziepsycho wrote:
Is the new Wilderness Dream album acceptable Crossover? Their previous album is much more Hardcore influenced, but their new album has recently dropped and also in a physical format.

https://wildernessdream.bandcamp.com/al ... lysis-rise

It's been some time since I posted this and still haven't gotten a response either way.

I didnt see your post, by t talked about it with a mod and have it in the queue right now.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 am 

Please let me know why was Valhalla Bound from Finland blacklisted?
Digital album + tape mentioned on Bestial Burst.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:07 am 

Noise.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:06 pm 

Why was BlameGod blacklisted when bands like Nails, Joy, hell even Weekend Nachos are on here and they're very HC leaning.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:12 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Christ... seriously?
Alhadis wrote:
Raspberrysoda, next time you feel like asking why a famous band is blacklisted, try Googling them next time. Because sometimes you don't even need to click any results to find an obvious answer right in front of you.

However, as I assume this has already occurred to you, you may be under the impression that hardcore punk is metal, which it obviously isn't. This is like saying rock and hip-hop are the same thing.

There is an active debate going on rateyourmusic regarding the metalness (in this case, sludginess) of "My War" with 97 votes in favor of labeling the album as "Sludge Metal" and 64 votes against it. If you ask me, the album is thoroughly Hardcore despite the Sabbathian undertones.

Still, there is an apparently sizable contingent of listeners convinced "My War" is Sludge Metal on account of its influence on The Melvins.

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:35 pm 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
There is an active debate going on rateyourmusic regarding the metalness (in this case, sludginess) of "My War" with 97 votes in favor of labeling the album as "Sludge Metal" and 64 votes against it. If you ask me, the album is thoroughly Hardcore despite the Sabbathian undertones.

Still, there is an apparently sizable contingent of listeners convinced "My War" is Sludge Metal on account of its influence on The Melvins.

but why did you necromance this

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:37 am 

Concerning DROM (CZE)... what does the note say? Is there a date?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:31 am 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:

Even if we did base our decisions on RYM votes - which we definitely do not - do you not think that a 97-64 vote might be evidence that the music isn't predominantly metal and therefore not acceptable on this site?

Antioch wrote:

"sludge/post-hardcore" - dated July 2013

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

mystickenji
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:31 am 

Hello, I was trying to add an italian band 'John, the void', and saw that they were blacklisted. I tried searching for the reason why and couldn't find any posts, so I wanted to ask here.

Here's bandcamp samples for the curious:
https://johnthevoid.bandcamp.com/album/ii <- was released last November
https://johnthevoid.bandcamp.com/album/s-t <- I currently own a CD copy of this EP

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:07 am 

Derigin wrote:
Muhammadabbadabba wrote:

Even if we did base our decisions on RYM votes - which we definitely do not - do you not think that a 97-64 vote might be evidence that the music isn't predominantly metal and therefore not acceptable on this site?
To me, it's evidence of a lively debate that's caused plenty of confusion. Even though I share the skepticism both here and there regarding the Metalness of "My War" (to me, it's Hardcore, full stop), I felt issue of the album's compositional grammar should be addressed by a site subjecting all forms of music considered Metal to a certain standard. By no means do I consider RYM to be an authority on anything, but it's still enlightening in its own right as a democratic tool.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:43 am 

Derigin wrote:
Antioch wrote:

"sludge/post-hardcore" - dated July 2013

Thanks, man. The "sludge" element, albeit heavily atmospheric and post-ish, sounds quite metallic to me. However, I have no counterargument, as I can't tell what's predominant here. Their album Hectop is what I'd call their most metallic, but that was released in 2012, hence already assessed. Let's forget about it for now.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:13 pm 

mystickenji wrote:
Hello, I was trying to add an italian band 'John, the void', and saw that they were blacklisted. I tried searching for the reason why and couldn't find any posts, so I wanted to ask here.

Here's bandcamp samples for the curious:
https://johnthevoid.bandcamp.com/album/ii <- was released last November
https://johnthevoid.bandcamp.com/album/s-t <- I currently own a CD copy of this EP

Ambient, post-hardore, rock. 2014, I'll give the new one a listen. Edit: yeah this is still all hardcore

MGSX666 wrote:
Why was BlameGod blacklisted when bands like Nails, Joy, hell even Weekend Nachos are on here and they're very HC leaning.

punk based grind, blacklisted this year.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:04 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
https://qhwertt.bandcamp.com/ Qhwertt has a new album out.

Is there any acknowledgement of Qhwertt's album "Sympathetic Horror"? The riffs are ultra slow and distorted but still riffs in my opinion.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

OrientBlue
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:02 am 

No Led Zeppelin on Metal Archives yet there is an entry for Deep Purple? Isn't that just a bit retarded?

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:51 am 

OrientBlue wrote:
No Led Zeppelin on Metal Archives yet there is an entry for Deep Purple? Isn't that just a bit retarded?

I'm not a mod, but dude, the search this topic feature is a thing for a reason.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
MGSX666 wrote:

punk based grind, blacklisted this year.

And Weekend Nachos isn't?
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:32 pm 

Weekend Nachos also has releases that are full-on sludge metal, like the Bleed EP.

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 am 

I had tried to add Wonders of Nature a couple of months ago, I think it was, but didn't push further when I saw that it had been blacklisted. Wasn't sure if it still was, so I entered in that name again, to see that it still is. Now, I do understand why, as far as the majority of their albums go.. however, I honestly think that one partuicular album is being overlooked? "In Quiet Silence" came out last year, and even though all ambient, the entire album is honestly black metal.

Any chance someone would take the time to look into this, at least this one album? If this wasn't so heavy, honestly I wouldn't be asking. I think with at least this album alone, they should be in here. Whatever is the answer, I will accept. I just do not know if this album in question has even been looked at before. Thank you to whoever will check this out. (And, I have used the search feature, and nothing came of it.) I did read up about "covers", and while this album is strictly black metal cover songs, their other albums are their original work.

https://wondersofnature.bandcamp.com/al ... et-silence

I hope that it is alright to ask about this?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm 

Spider_X wrote:
I had tried to add Wonders of Nature a couple of months ago, I think it was, but didn't push further when I saw that it had been blacklisted. Wasn't sure if it still was, so I entered in that name again, to see that it still is. Now, I do understand why, as far as the majority of their albums go.. however, I honestly think that one partuicular album is being overlooked? "In Quiet Silence" came out last year, and even though all ambient, the entire album is honestly black metal.

Any chance someone would take the time to look into this, at least this one album? If this wasn't so heavy, honestly I wouldn't be asking. I think with at least this album alone, they should be in here. Whatever is the answer, I will accept. I just do not know if this album in question has even been looked at before. Thank you to whoever will check this out. (And, I have used the search feature, and nothing came of it.) I did read up about "covers", and while this album is strictly black metal cover songs, their other albums are their original work.

https://wondersofnature.bandcamp.com/al ... et-silence

I hope that it is alright to ask about this?

So, this is a cover album, consisting of Black Metal songs only? And this is their only Metal release? If that's the case, then it's not gonna cut it. A band needs to have an undisputable Metal release consisting of original music, so if there's a bunch of Ambient releases consisting of original music yet their only Metal release is a cover album, the band can't be added.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

TrogDawn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 pm 

I have just resubmitted the band BUZZARD from Sauk Rapids, MN - USA.

They recently have a new album out on my label Stone Groove Records and I would like them to be reconsidered based on
this new release.

https://buzzard1.bandcamp.com/album/buzzard

*Correction: I tried to resubmit this band, but I believe the blacklist warning is preventing me from doing so. Please check the link I provided above and get back to me regarding this band...thanks!

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records is a label specializing in doom/stoner,
heavy rock, classic metal, ambient, experimental and reissues of lost underground classics.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 am 

Why was Sleuthfoot rejected?

https://sleuthfoot.bandcamp.com/album/sleuthfoot

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:25 am 

EpicDismemberment wrote:

I rejected it for being a) sample-heavy and b) more focused around the stoner-rock groove-fuzz sound than actual metal riffs.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 am 

I'm pretty sure they are predominantly metal enough to be added on here. To be specific, they are obviously southern metal. May I have another opinion from anyone who specializes in this kind of genre?

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 am 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
I'm pretty sure they are predominantly metal enough to be added on here. To be specific, they are obviously southern metal. May I have another opinion from anyone who specializes in this kind of genre?

With the greatest of respect, we have had this chat before, privately and publically. It is considered disrespectful to ask for another mod to over-ride an opinion. Bear that in mind.

Don't take that as me saying "I'm never wrong", as even us mods can occasionally get it wrong, but out-and-out calling for another mod's opinion is a trend that cannot be allowed to continue.
We do, as a matter of formality pick things up like this, and if I (or any other mod) ever does make an incorrect judgement call, it is dealt with and corrected.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:56 pm 

Why isn't "Year Of The Goat" band enlisted here on MA?!
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2268205-Year-Of-The-Goat

in seafull of retro, mystic and occult heavy metal music, they deserve their place here...

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 pm 

Xymosys wrote:
Why isn't "Year Of The Goat" band enlisted here on MA?!
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2268205-Year-Of-The-Goat

Spoiler: show

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Torquia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:25 pm 

Are Soundcloud EPs (5 songs) accepted as a digital release for a band submission?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:10 pm 

Torquia wrote:
Are Soundcloud EPs (5 songs) accepted as a digital release for a band submission?

If there is cover art, it is all downloadable, and has a fixed tracklist, then it may be acceptable. Otherwise, probably not.

~Guest 285245
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:34 am 

Kavrila from Germany got rejected propably due to their first EP that it was clearly more hardcore than metal and I understand that, I was not the one to try to add them at the first time. If you got a minute and listen to their new album "Blight" that just got releasd today at the link below that has a more dark doom/hardcore feel to it, I will appreciate it. Thank you.

https://soundcloud.com/kavrila

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:39 am 

Why was Acolytes from Doylestown, Pennsylvania blacklisted?

https://acolytesdoom.bandcamp.com/album/cloister

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:59 pm 

Why is Rhanawa blacklisted?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 pm 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Why was Acolytes from Doylestown, Pennsylvania blacklisted?

Sludgy noise rock. Blackilsted in July 2016.
MDL wrote:
Why is Rhanawa blacklisted?

Blacklisted in 2015 for being a fake band.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:58 pm 

Wow, it's a fake band? I'm surprised. Care to give some more little information that lead the mods to understand it is fake, if possible? Thanks!

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm 

^ http://www.metal-observer.com/3.o/revie ... of-mkango/ ;)
TMO accepts (or used to accept) physical promo copies, so it's probably worth asking TSIR.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:03 pm 

Antioch wrote:
^ http://www.metal-observer.com/3.o/revie ... of-mkango/ ;)
TMO accepts (or used to accept) physical promo copies, so it's probably worth asking TSIR.

It was actually a review off of a sketchy download that I got years back (from a random blog site IIRC). The photo associated with Rhanawa was actually from another band (who's name escapes me at the moment). Also, there was never an official digital release or band sanctioned release of this. It just kind of floats around with no real info on whether or not it's real. We decided to hold off until we could get concrete information on the band, of which none has been found yet.

Rosner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:48 pm 

Hello! I want to object the rejection of the band Huszar, from Argentina.

While I don't know why it has been blacklisted, I can imagine that's because the band's early releases are barely metal, to which I totally agree. The band's first albums, the EP 'Ural/∞' and the LP 'Los Nuevos Absolutos De Todos Los Días Quemados' contain very little elements of the metal genre and are more based around post-rock, ambient or post-hardcore/screamo.

However, this year the band released two albums that are more metal infused. 'Los Nuevos Absolutos : Acto Segundo' was released during February and consists of three tracks. The ambient and post-rock influence is still strong, but the black metal elements have taken a bigger importance. For example, track 2 '
La Luna Coral Anuncia La Fiebre De Mercurio' has a big gothic influence and could be described as a fusion between Deafheaven's 'Sunbather' and Tribulation's 'The Children of the Night'. The black metal segments are equally balanced with the ambient/post-rock elements this time.

https://huszarblvck.bandcamp.com/album/ ... to-segundo

Nevertheless, the album that really stands out as a metal record is the band's newest, 'Providencia'. Consisting of six songs, the metal elements are much prominent and the songs are more riff-oriented. The band also changed stylistically: while the post-rock/ambient influence is yet there, now it takes a liking to Burzum's more dark ambient releases, and the metal elements take a more progressive/avant-garde approach similar to Arcturus or Anaal Nathrakh.

https://huszarblvck.bandcamp.com/album/providencia

Thus, I respectfully ask for a re-submission. A genre tag such as 'progressive/post-black metal, ambient' would be accurate.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:46 am 

TheStormIRide wrote:
Antioch wrote:
Rhanawa

It was actually a review off of a sketchy download that I got years back (from a random blog site IIRC). The photo associated with Rhanawa was actually from another band (who's name escapes me at the moment). Also, there was never an official digital release or band sanctioned release of this. It just kind of floats around with no real info on whether or not it's real. We decided to hold off until we could get concrete information on the band, of which none has been found yet.

This should answer MDL's question, I believe. Glad you've seen the post, man. Cheers.

Rehearsal68686
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm 

Hi.
Once again I tried to add Blutgrund (Pol). Please check this new split release with this band :
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/W ... sty/664551

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/P ... nce/664553

label description of music in this releases:
http://www.actofhate.republika.pl/

and check music of this band on this releases:
http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1177993---1ibh.html
http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1178019---xqvp.html

Remove from the blacklist is possible?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464 ... 541  Next